Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Pivot Speed Meter

predator

will take u maybe 15-30 mins maximum

m,mm,m,..... except I am technically challenged. I use a hammer for every job I come across. And if it doesn't work I find a bigger hammer.

I would be happy to drop a few beerenos your way Pappu for some help/guidance

• 4 months later...

Has anyone been able to install this on a V2 WRX? I followed the wiring diagram Pivot provided but the ECU they say that matches my car is missing an entire plug (three instead of four), or if anyone knows which wire controls the speed signal that also sets the 180km/h speed limiter because according the generic diagrams that is the wire I have to piggy back or split to get the meter working. Turns on fine, done all the testing to make sure there is no fault in the unit and it's working fine, just doesn't register my speed. Much appreciated to any assistance that can be provided, cheers!

nt_a_foz said:

beware these can lead to trouble ...trust me

I installed one next day tested the speed cut was working and run a beb..

We think was due to tired fuel pump and high speeds etc..

Be warned haha

The safer option is to put the car on axle stands / a hoist, take the wheels off, the wheel nuts back on with some thick washers behind them (to hold the brake rotors in place) and speed the engine up in 5th gear... that way minimal load on car = minimal BEB failure :P

Oh, and if it still cuts out then you did it wrong.

Hopai']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

Be warned haha

/quote]

The safer option is to put the car on axle stands / a hoist, take the wheels off, the wheel nuts back on with some thick washers behind them (to hold the brake rotors in place) and speed the engine up in 5th gear... that way minimal load on car = minimal BEB failure :P

i know its the "safest" option.. but wont the calipers hold the rotors in place as well?

funkytown']

Be warned haha

/quote]

i know its the "safest" option.. but wont the calipers hold the rotors in place as well?

Hell no. Only if your foot is hard on the brakes. Otherwise they'll thrash around and try to remove themselves eventually.

Koom']

Be warned haha

/quote]

Hell no. Only if your foot is hard on the brakes. Otherwise they'll thrash around and try to remove themselves eventually.

coool ;D cud be good u-tube material there for sure

Hopai said:

I can install this in the Auckland area for the price of a cold beer!

Literally only takes a few minutes :)

Sorry mate I have to rob you of a potential cold beer but I got it working now ;)

Thanks for the info guys, I did some research after my first post here and managed to get it working in the end.

Note: The following information is for people who purchased their Meter overseas and do not have the JDM ECU diagram

The diagram below shows the ECU pinout from a EJ20G (GC8 A to C), what you need is the speed sensor pin which is pin number 40

2mdmmf8.jpg

From here, you simple cut the wire on pin 40 with reasonable distance so you can skin the insulation on both sides:

** Green wire from the Pivot meter goes to the ECU side

** White wire from the Pivot meter to the harness side

The rest of the instructions on the manual worked fine for me as they are generic and not vehicle specific so just follow those.

Hope this helps anyone else who runs into the same problem as I did, but agreed it is a very quick job if you know which wires are actually relevant to the job!

JoKer said:

thats way different - check the tech manual section

Don't see a pin out for the EJ20G in the manual section, only found Reuben's post on some ECU pin outs but that's for a EJ207 and MY99 Legacy? Correct me if I'm wrong though but the information I gathered was partially from NAISOC, verified and actually work? Not sure if you have confused ECUs from a GC8 A to C (four plug ECU) with a GC8 D to G (three plug ECU).