Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

New Legacy Wagon.. What i think it should of looked like..

furiouswgn

Hey

Been trying to decide if I like the new wagon or not but have come to the conclusion like most that its a bit of a dog.. I hear its been a change in the designer so hence its lost the essence of the original versions..

Was trying to pin point whats so different and came up with 2 very simple rules that have been applied to nearly every legacy so far..

1. The pillars have minimal plastic or steel between them so the glass looks seamless all the way along the sides and wrapping around the back

2. The front lights are always wide and low.. not extending up the bonnet like the new model..

So with a bit of photoshopp'ing i have managed to come up with more of the original essence i think that is missing.. (its a bit rough so dont look to close but gives a good overall impression)

The new legacy

7222_322639025264_762395264_9216645_1553

Putting the above designs back into it

7222_322639020264_762395264_9216644_6352

Oh and of course sorry have put some nicer wheels and changed the back window slightly..

What do you think? Does anyone have any other variations of it to make the factory one look a bit better?

Looks more like an 08 model. You need to give it the honeycomb grille and some smaller wingmirrors....oh and a bit of a drop and a bonnet scoop :P

Other than that - i applaud your effort. Now email it to Subaru and ask them wtf they think they are doing

It's toyota you f00ls. They do sorta own a huge chunk of subaru... Have you guy's not noticed the Highlander/forrester similarities, or the bloody half subaru half toyota coupe that they've been making... Nope, the new legacy looks like it was intended as a new camry, not legacy. Still ****ing fails.

Anyway, i reckon it should have looked more like this:

7222_322639025264_762395264_9216645_1553

failwagonconcept.jpg

Dropped the bonnet by 2 inches, you do NOT need all that ****ing room in there for a boxer... bloody muppets, subaru's used to show off the fact they had a boxers by having bloody low bonnets - now they are trying to make it so you can drop a V6 in with room to spare... NIEN!!! Also added bump strips, they function and add detail to an otherwise boring surface.

keltik said:

Now email it to Subaru and ask them wtf they think they are doing

+1

We need to get topgear (uk) on side and get them to do a comparison between the old and the new, and embarrass Subaru.

Subaru - U are a bus

Subtni - I'm Now The Bus :(

CEG said:

Remember it could be higher due to pedestrian safety requirements..

- ur probably right there, hate all these new bullshit regulations - why should all our cars look like s**t and be a 2 tonne rolling airbag in the name of safety?. Maybe people should learn to drive?

The main problem tho is the Japanese population is getting too old, and they don't want racy sports cars anymore, the demand's just not there in a country where the av. age is like 45. They r the ones who make the cars... and so we get a boring old man's legacy. It's sad, pretty much every 90's sportscar label from Japan has died.. just look at toyota, pre 2000 they had so many sporty cars and now what do they have... the camry sportivo? WOW. Im sticking with my older cars lol, they look better, are cheaper AND go harder 8)

spicyHam']

[quote name='CEG said:

Remember it could be higher due to pedestrian safety requirements..

/quote] - ur probably right there, hate all these new bull**** regulations - why should all our cars look like s**t and be a 2 tonne rolling airbag in the name of safety?. Maybe people should learn to drive?

The main problem tho is the Japanese population is getting too old, and they don't want racy sports cars anymore, the demand's just not there in a country where the av. age is like 45. They r the ones who make the cars... and so we get a boring old man's legacy. It's sad, pretty much every 90's sportscar label from Japan has died.. just look at toyota, pre 2000 they had so many sporty cars and now what do they have... the camry sportivo? WOW. Im sticking with my older cars lol, they look better, are cheaper AND go harder 8)

Remember the Toyota/Subaru FT-86 supost to bring fun back... only problem is you have to wait for 2 years for them to put it into production

light, RWD with a boxer engine and supost to be cheap to buy new

02-toyota-ft-86-concept-press.jpg

Remember the Toyota/Subaru FT-86 supost to bring fun back... only problem is you have to wait for 2 years for them to put it into production

If thats what it really looks like then not bad. Just remember though, the difference between concept and reality can be huge.. according to Gt4 for example the Suzuki Swift concept had 180hp and weighed only 1 tonne.. didn't quite translate to the production model. Time will tell..

the back half o' that looks like the new ferrari california from this pic...

I've driven the new gtb and its nice driving and looks the part... ok so I drove the turbo sedan winger had pre-release but still its quite nice... its more refined... it'll grow on ya Im sure... considering the bug eye was not that flash initially and neither was the hatch...