Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

why did you decide on buying a subaru?

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

as opposed to other makes / models

also why did you by your specific model of subaru.

i got mine because : 4wd. 2.0l manual and i love the boxer sound :)

for me it was the only one within my price range from a dealer at the time

as i was looking for a station wagon and wanted a manual plus the banks wouldnt lend me money so had to go through finance company

intially wasn't going to buy a subie as had been talked out of it by many people as well as previous experiance you'd think i would of learnt but after this one never again unless its a gt30

Wanted a semi done up car for first car ...wasnt going to buy a subaru...

Ended up buying a 1500cc impreza wagon on 17s, exhuast etc..

After that wanted a turbo and semi practical to tow motox bikes etc so bought a forster as was the best turbo semi practical thing that wasnt twin turbo under 10g...

Then wanted a sti....Wasnt going to get a 2door due to price but one come up at a reallllllyyy good price that i couldnt pass up so got that...Very glad i got it hahah even with the trouble tis caused its an turned into a mint car

i wanted a turbo 4 banger 4wd and all the evos seemed to be driven by mainly twats.

ive always went for the underdog and so bought a wrx. There werent as many of them around in 2001!

2nd subaru mrs wanted a 4wd i made her get a Forester s/tb hahaha.

wanted a 4wd 2.0l+ wagon, couldn't find a caldina gtt in manual, didn't want a legacy cause clunt had one, didn't want a wrx cause my dads boss has one, don't like misti's (i think it's to do with the diamonds are for girls thing) so ended up with a forester....

Had a vortex. Decided it was cool and wanted more. Then briefly had a FWD car and swore id never touch them again. Subaru (up till recently) had all the features i love. frameless windows, recaros, built from lego, awd and they do look cool. The BH pretty much had everything i want in a wagon from the factory, whereas Hondas lacked the power and Toyota lacked the looks. Didnt even consider Mitsubishi as im pretty dam biased against the brand. Nearly ended up with a Volvo V40 T4.....till i saw the service bill. Kinda regret not buying it now.

Also loved the boxer noise....which is a bit unfortunate since i bought a 6

Family always owned Subaru's.

Local had a Grey 89 Legacy RS with a big bore on it, used to watch it come up the hill on my Paper round never heard anything like it; Fell in love with the lines and sound.

Haven't owned any other marque since, but love all Performance cars.

Always loved the boxer sound and the old RS's are just great value for money. So Ive owned a few of them, plus a Justy and my GTB. Although I started out owning several Holdens, Hondas and Skylines.

Funnily enough Keltik - I was tossing up between a Volvo 850R (red and damned cool) and my BG5 GTB. Sometimes regret not going for the less common option, but the GTB has survived well given my lack of mechanical sympathy. I wonder if the Volvo could do the same?

104nite_0047.JPG

BH5-189736-01__640x480.jpg

Tough choice. Subaru wins on maintenance costs and power. Volvo wins on reliability and mpg. Boost tap makes both more interesting, But would you rather tell your friends you drive a Volvo or a Subaru? :P

The wagon i wouldve bought is still running today with 390,000kms on the clock. Somehow i dont think my BH will be by then >:(

DRFVDR said:

Always owned "unusual" cars and after I wrote of the Piazza it just so happened my brother was selling his Leone RX and as they say the rest is history

Dad also had owned weird and unusal cars. He has owned alot of cars fitted with boxer twins, boxer 4s.

He ended up buying his 1st subarus a GSR and DL 1400 about 74-75.

So for me its in the blood.

Every one in the family has owned a subaru for a run about.

My 1st one was a 1600 1982 leone wagon that I got off my grandad.

Owned them ever since. I love subarus and I Love boxer engines. So thats why im a Subaru fantactic ;)

I have always enjoyed the sweet "rumbling" sound of the unique boxer engine.

So much so, that my first car was a 95 non turbo legacy TSR manual and traded it in for a BH e-tune tip tronic, i then convinced my sister to purchase it from me and bought my current ride a BE5 RSK manual sedan at 84,000k in 2007 and just yesterday i noticed that i had hit 97,000 k's hahahaha i also managed to get my sister to purchase my brother-in-law's 95 RS legacy and so i have turned my family into a real subaru orientated loving family.

Was bought up watching rallying , Possum , Mcrae ect , old man had a legacy and cousin had a modded RS

then a workmate at my afterschool job got a V5 coupe brand new in 1999 and iv wanted a coupe ever since.

Had 3 subbies before my coupe tho. ;D

Guest itsgotgo

moved back from australia,needed something with space and that i could load up with gear if i wanted.

Sent the wife out to get a car,wanted a stagea or something with some go.....she came home with another subaru....... yes a forester........She doesnt get to buy the next one ;D

I loved rally (So was a fan of Possum Bourne, Colin Mcrae, Richard Burns, Petter Solberg etc) when I was a Kid and I still love Rally my favourite cars were always the Subarus involved in the events and it escalated from that made a massive mistake selling my BF5 GT legacy but made up for that buying my WRX always liked the wagons/hatches :)

Guest boostcut
 itsgotgo said:

moved back from australia,needed something with space and that i could load up with gear if i wanted.

Sent the wife out to get a car,wanted a stagea or something with some go.....she came home with another subaru....... yes a forester........She doesnt get to buy the next one ;D

if you want a stagea, i have a mate who has a 2.5 turbo but auto one, 6k will own it. its mint too. on 19s

Guest itsgotgo
 boostcut']

[quote name='itsgotgo said:

/quote]

if you want a stagea, i have a mate who has a 2.5 turbo but auto one, 6k will own it. its mint too. on 19s

Auto= POOOOOOO,S ;D

Growing up my dad always had Subaru's(seem to be a reoccurring theme here) he had Leone wagons, then when we needed a new 4wd hack for the farm he go this white/rusty gold brumby and that lasted a while then we got the yellow one, it got the meanest of hidings by me and my brother think it finally gave up around 250km mark.

Years later I swapped my Mrs crashed Primera and a set of mags for a rough as BC5 legacy, 4wd turbo manual, and i was hooked. after 3 gearboxes i said never again! several car later and im still fixing up damned legacies....I finally chance across a swap for a standard Wrx with an Sti bonnet and Sparco front lip and after owing Bf/Bc the wrx felt like a huge improvement so i swapped for it, and haven't really looked back since,