Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

660cc Inectors on std Ecu??

4ORGD

hey guys iv hit a real bad bump.i purchased an apexi power fc off trademe about 6 months ago and the guy (warlord101) never sent the ecu.its a real long story but i didnt end up getting my money back or the computer.he sold it to another member.so now im stuck with 660cc injectors and a factory 1989 bc5 ecu.i dont have any funds to buy a aftermarket computer anymore,i lost 700 on the power fc.could you guys give me some ideas on how i can run bigger injectors on a factory ecu ie.afc,chips,afm...the cheapest option iv come up with is a 4plug sti ecu running 440 inejectors with a sti afm with a apexi safc II with +40% fuel.I think that could run 660cc inecjtors..

why cant i do that.my mates evo 1 is running 560cc evo 6 injectors on a factory ecu with a afc I + 20%? just curious.i no i cant do it with a bc5 rs 390cc ecu because it wouldnt make up 660cc with a afc but i wanna run a sti one which is 440cc and then turn the fuel up..

It can't work, you have to either get an ECU that runs those injectors, or get an aftermarket ECU. Getting an aftermarket ECU is by far the better option.

Besides, there's no point in doing big upgrades like that and not tuning the ECU afterwards anyway.

ReubenH said:

It can't work, you have to either get an ECU that runs those injectors, or get an aftermarket ECU. Getting an aftermarket ECU is by far the better option.

Besides, there's no point in doing big upgrades like that and not tuning the ECU afterwards anyway.

There is no OEM computer that runs those injector's or any aftermarket injectors.

BC5RA']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

/quote]

There is no OEM computer that runs those injector's or any aftermarket injectors.

What about a later STI ECU with OpenECU tuning. Just change the parameters to get a decent fuel map. Not a plug and play process by any form of the imagination though.

Koom']

[quote name='BC5RA said:

/quote]

What about a later STI ECU with OpenECU tuning. Just change the parameters to get a decent fuel map. Not a plug and play process by any form of the imagination though.

I think they are limited to the Factory injectors.

BC5RA']

[quote name='BC5RA said:

/quote]

I think they are limited to the Factory injectors.

This is a possibility, but would most likely, with the amount of rewiring you'd have to do, come up more expensive than an aftermarket anyway...

4ORGD said:

why cant i do that.my mates evo 1 is running 560cc evo 6 injectors on a factory ecu with a afc I + 20%? just curious.i no i cant do it with a bc5 rs 390cc ecu because it wouldnt make up 660cc with a afc but i wanna run a sti one which is 440cc and then turn the fuel up..

because its a EVO and its faster then a WRX.

you will just run it rich and will find it hard to start up in the morning.

SPANKU said:

whats the AFR (air flow ratio) on the STI? i lost my dyno chart.

you mean air:fuel right.. ::)

it varies from around 11-13 depending on load an boost ususally.

edit: ok so mabye more like idle around 14 - down to around 10 on boost.. (just my quick flick through of the dyno graphs in the forum).

4ORGD said:

hey guys iv hit a real bad bump.i purchased an apexi power fc off trademe about 6 months ago and the guy (warlord101) never sent the ecu.its a real long story but i didnt end up getting my money back or the computer.he sold it to another member.so now im stuck with 660cc injectors and a factory 1989 bc5 ecu.i dont have any funds to buy a aftermarket computer anymore,i lost 700 on the power fc.could you guys give me some ideas on how i can run bigger injectors on a factory ecu ie.afc,chips,afm...the cheapest option iv come up with is a 4plug sti ecu running 440 inejectors with a sti afm with a apexi safc II with +40% fuel.I think that could run 660cc inecjtors..

Easiest would be small claims to get the money or the ecu off this warlord101 fella.

Guest itsgotgo
 Rossmnz said:

Agreed.

Take him to small claims court, or go to trademe.

Last option, go to fair go!

yep go to court and show the limp d ick who the real warlord is! >:(

curious of this also - i'm running v3 sti ecu/afm/injector/etc combo on my v2 with a safc2

without the safc it works fine, good torque down low but a bit soft at the top end

had the safc tuned on a dyno, all sweet.

i've heard the safc can be used to compensate for different injectors - there are 2 load maps available so wondering if the answer 'NO' should be changed to 'can be done but its a bit rough' ??

I dont see why a AFC couldnt be used, bit rougher then getting a proper ECU, but would work. Only issue with AFC type devices is its altering the AFM reading, not the injector pulse width directly, which in turn wil change the calculated load the ECU uses which wil screw with other maps like timing, most likely pushing into load cells with more advance and thus allowing detonation, etc. In other words it would work as a bandaid solution to get it driving but id save up for a cheap link or similar. Also, the GDB ecus can be scaled to suit any injector size, but trying to wire one into an old legacy would be more time and money than its worth IMO