Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

has anyone done this?

gtlegacy

looking reasonbly simple to do and even make yourself if you have a lathe and verneer calipers

would this be a good mod? has anyone tried this? how were your results?

opinions please? i found out my rear diff bushes are cracked and the TEE frame that mounts the front of my diff to chassis the bushes are munted at the front as well

boostin said:

Where do they go?

In between the rear subframe bolts that mount it to the chassis is a threaded hole on either side. They go there. Pretty easy to make spacers and bolt them in if you have access to a wee lathe as mr gtlegacy mentioned.

Koom']

[quote name='boostin said:

Where do they go?

/quote]

In between the rear subframe bolts that mount it to the chassis is a threaded hole on either side. They go there. Pretty easy to make spacers and bolt them in if you have access to a wee lathe as mr gtlegacy mentioned.

lol il take two!

funkytown']

[quote name='boostin said:

Where do they go?

/quote]

lol il take two!

I should see if they could whack some out on the CNC lathe at work as I need a pair and it would save me from getting my hands dirty.......prob too busy till after xmas though.

Koom']

Where do they go?

lol il take two!

I should see if they could whack some out on the CNC lathe at work as I need a pair and it would save me from getting my hands dirty.......prob too busy till after xmas though.

[quote name='boostcut said:

if someone gets the measurements i could make some at work. then testfit/drive and 20$ a pair would do it.

either or keep me posted - i would be interested in a set to experiment with.. Assuming they were just bolt in and play..

I've got them,well whiteline versions of them, they make no difference in feel on my car cos i've already got solid mounts on the rear subframe, but if you put them in a non sti you'd probably get a little more NVH.

What they did do was pull the subframe back into place so it sits nice and square. I had perfect -0.5 degrees camber both sides with no camber bolts.

madmike']

I wonder if this can be done on the old rs?

If so i would be in for a set.

It does.

[quote name='Optical said:

the whiteline ones only cost $40 i think, just grab those...

I was also thinking that as it saves having to measure anything aswell. Could possibly find a similar bolt in a fasteners catalogue. That might be a side project for me someday soon to sift through some lists.

got some measurements but you may want to check

ill post a pic of how i did it

139364489a11886623944l.jpg

the red mark is 13mm but im not 100% sure so best to make a peice and trial fit to see if its tight this is the bit where it mounts in the the chassis (locates the bolt)

the blue is actually 11mm but i took out 1mm for crushing of the remaining bushes

hope this makes sense

i will try make some of my own as a project this week and will confirm sizes

the 1st OD of 19.7 is the first hole (bottom on the subframe in car) and the other is 15.7 the upper hole on the subframe

and 13mm is to locate the bolt in place on the chassis (please check)

also the length for the bolt needed is around 55mm from the base of the head to the end of thread

• 1 month later...
Guest boostin

I found out what this threaded hole is actually for. Its used on the Outbacks, or anything with the raised suspension, to hold the subframe spacer to the chassis rail.