Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Replace primary with what?

webup

funkytown said:

sorry for off topic question,

but isnt the vf13 a non factory (small, old, weird) turbo to be on a BH?

Hi

It looks like the engine has been out of the car before i bought it as some of the parts have been written on from where they obviously put it back together.

Yes I didn't notice at time of purchase but car has been great.

I assume they either threw a cheap turbo on there or a small one for quick spool?

gtb36']

[quote name='webup said:

Any difference in the feel by replacing the 13 with the 25?

/quote]

dont go with a vf 25 to slow to spin up

if it was me put a vf18 or vf20 on..

REally the VF25 is a slow spooler? does it pack a better punch than the VF13 though?

Are VF18 and VF20 still straight bolt ons?

VF26 is best factory primary.

VF25=Auto, VF26=Manual.

Go VF26. VF26>VF18

The VF13 is from a BD/G5A Legacy (that is, the first of the second generation legacys) The VF26 would be a substantial upgrade.

Also, next time I do any turbo work, without shadow of a doubt I'm going single. ;)

JoKer said:

yea i cant complain - I think i have a 31/27 combo on mine... (27 is near rooted)

Joker have you looked into the 32 upgrade for the secondary? I've been told by a few people that its a good upgrade, you should try it out and let me know how it goes lol :)

RSB said:

VF26 is best factory primary.

VF25=Auto, VF26=Manual.

Go VF26. VF26>VF18

The VF13 is from a BD/G5A Legacy (that is, the first of the second generation legacys) The VF26 would be a substantial upgrade.

Also, next time I do any turbo work, without shadow of a doubt I'm going single. ;)

nar that not true

my 2000gtb is Manual and WAS running vf25

webup']

[quote name='webup said:

Any difference in the feel by replacing the 13 with the 25?

/quote]

dont go with a vf 25 to slow to spin up

if it was me put a vf18 or vf20 on..

REally the VF25 is a slow spooler? does it pack a better punch than the VF13 though?

Are VF18 and VF20 still straight bolt ons?

yes i find it was a LOT SLOWER to spooler up then put a vf20 in and for the short time was much faster and better ..

yes vf18,20 are straight bolt ons.

VF13 is an early early BG Primary, and they are notorious for blowing. If this was on a BH, someone cut corners to get that car fixed at some stage...

VF26's are the biggest primary you can get, as far as i know. They are usually said to be the best, and it's likely the factory turbo for your BH (and so the ECU tune is likely tuned for it as well), i recommend getting one of those. The point on them being slow to spool is silly as far as i'm concerned, they are still tiny little things compared to any single turbo, and should spool up plenty quick. And as i stated, it's probably the factory turbo for your car.

VF31 (or is it 32, i can never remember) are smaller primary's, and are also a BE/BH turbo, i don't know anything obout these suckers other than i've seen one on a face lift BE.