Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Any ideas??

nt_a_foz

So im pretty sure im going to be selling my car once its going again,

Have been thinking about what im going to get next.

Have decided the following

A/Its going to be my daily (Sick of having nice car and driving the shitty corolla to work)

B/ Needs to be reasonable on gas

C/ Suitable to goto the mountain lots (not nessecarily 4wd but comfortable for the 3 hour trip down)

D/ Thinking along the lines of a wagon of some sort.

E/ No turbo sick of paying bazillions of dollars a year for insurance lol...

F/ Cant be a nana sack of shit car got to have a little bit of go .

Was thinking along hte lines of the bz touring carib, 20valve black top 4age and 6 speed, meant to go not bad and of course are a trusty toyota. I know of a nice example coming up for sale i can get for a decent price..

Keltik suggested a lancaster 6 legacy but a bit to oldmanish for me with all there woodgrain and stuff haha..

Anyone got any ideas thatd be suitable??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bz touring corolla or carib would be my pick, toyota so reliable, they go pretty well (same speed at a 2lt telstar in a drag), they handle pretty good. a mate of mine had a carib for a few years, i didn't like the look of the back of it to start with but got used to it like v7 headlights. should be pretty cheap insurance being a 1600 but i think they may have picked up on vvti and class it like vtec now??

or what about a comodore wagon? i've heard they can be ok on gas, plenty of room, bit of power and you can do mean skids au lol

Old Skool Subbie']

How much you want to spend?

Keltik suggested a lancaster 6 legacy but a bit to oldmanish for me with all there woodgrain and stuff haha..

What about the next shape of legacy with the 6 in it? could get it with the 6speed manual?

Did that shape come with the 3.6? or is it the newest shape with that engine?

Would like a new shape one but looking to downgrade the cash injection into a car this time loL..

Prob like 7-8k??

[quote name='nztintin said:

bz touring corolla or carib would be my pick, toyota so reliable, they go pretty well (same speed at a 2lt telstar in a drag), they handle pretty good. a mate of mine had a carib for a few years, i didn't like the look of the back of it to start with but got used to it like v7 headlights. should be pretty cheap insurance being a 1600 but i think they may have picked up on vvti and class it like vtec now??

or what about a comodore wagon? i've heard they can be ok on gas, plenty of room, bit of power and you can do mean skids au lol

Yeah i know of a nice white carib with lookalike Works CR Kai rims on it looks tidy as.

Definatly probably the pick of the day at the moment i think

Guest itsgotgo

Yep buy a late model v8 :)

Loads of room,grunt,good exhaust,cheap to run around town and even better on the open road,parts a plenty :)

But i would say that because i own one ;D

Or xr6 turbo,its turbo i know...but you will not break it in a hurry. ;)

Bug eye = yuck haha

Yep buy a late model v8 :)

Loads of room,grunt,good exhaust,cheap to run around town and even better on the open road,parts a plenty :)

But i would say that because i own one ;D

Or xr6 turbo,its turbo i know...but you will not break it in a hurry. ;)

v8 will use as much as my subi haha...

xr6 turbo would be good but again $$$$

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

yeah both would be nice but dont really want to spend so much on the next car

Want to get another motox or mountain bike lol

wrx_lou said:

Boi you know what ever car you get your gonna piss money into it.

hahha nooooo....

i cant piss anymore into this one without going crazy and big turbo etc hahah and cant do that otherwise il just start the vicious cycle again haha....

Might get something to playwith later on down the track but for now nah no playing hah

B4 2000 said:

Late model commodore FTW and it has to be a V8 as it use less fuel than the V6 especially around town (from expirence) but you'll have to pay big $$$$

my 2002 V8 commie ute chews the gas around town and on the open road, lsd rear end. . . :D skids are good fun.

-smurff

Guest itsgotgo

I think brads got his big gurls britches on :P

Whats going on here.....viscous cycle......have you looked down to see if your PILLS are still there mate?

If it has tits and tyres its a viscous cycle......the old brad would have manned up pulled the tammy string and gone hard!!!!!!! ;D 8)

itsgotgo said:

I think brads got his big gurls britches on :P

Whats going on here.....viscous cycle......have you looked down to see if your PILLS are still there mate?

If it has tits and tyres its a viscous cycle......the old brad would have manned up pulled the tammy string and gone hard!!!!!!! ;D 8)

gold....

Lets see a 10g rebuild! ;)

Guest lan_killa
 smurff said:

my 2002 V8 commie ute chews the gas around town

-smurff

yes smurff that'd be because you drive it every where with both pedals mashed to the floor!!!