• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funkytown']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

Toyota Altezza with the straight six

THESE ARE ORESOME

:)

/quote]

yer this in wagon format - nice car, 2L sixer, and the sixer box as well. Id own one... The GITA ones.

Or the Mazda Atenza wagon.. they go good aswell and a bit sporty

I hope u meant 3 litre 6 :)

and yup the gita ones is the one I meant

Catsoup got one a few months back :)

and he let me drive it ( hehehehe the fool )

it is very very nice

lan_killa']

[quote name='smurff said:

my 2002 V8 commie ute chews the gas around town

-smurff

/quote]

yes smurff that'd be because you drive it every where with both pedals mashed to the floor!!!

hehehe so do not. and of course i drive it everywhere, its my daily.

-smurff

smurff']

[quote name='smurff said:

my 2002 V8 commie ute chews the gas around town

-smurff

/quote]

yes smurff that'd be because you drive it every where with both pedals mashed to the floor!!!

hehehe so do not. and of course i drive it everywhere, its my daily.

-smurff

smurff, i'm taking about the 6.0L V8 vs 3.6L V6.

note that apply only if you drive the V8 in a normal manner (i also was impressed how my mate's SS would use way less fuel than my 3.5L V6 diamante)

i drive my V8 in a normal manner. . . as normal as i can drive, this may not be as normal as anyone else, but you know how it is :D

on a really being good week it can do ok, ur probably right compared to the diamante.

-smurff

Test drive a BH or BE TS-R. Or even BL/BP 2.0R

2L N/A AVCS. They are peppy, and bloody good on gas (can get 700k per tank), and a very very nice cars inside.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/Legacy/auction-272639914.htm

Most are auto's, but there are a few manuals floating around. DrunkenMonkeys mrs just picked up a manual B4 TS-R for 4K. (200k on the clock)

the other thing i was gonna say bro is what about a legnum?

think they come in 4wd non turbo.

but.....do u really want a non turbo seen as you are gonna be going up the ski fields? I know its a pain in the @ss driving an underpowered car up there!

i hitch hiked a lift up in a carib 4wd one day and it was slow as shit up Hutt. Altho i dont think it was the 20v model.

Why not buy a 98 or 99 GTB wagon and leave standard? They go mean up Hutt!

Yeah thought about them but 2 square lol...

Ruapehu is a piss easy road to get up to compared to hutt, hutt is a dog of a skifield to access lol.

Its sealed to the top at ruapehu so no drama tehre..

Still leaning towards carib at this stage.

For the 7-8k i want to spend its probably the best value for money got a bit of go, look reasonable and toyota reliabilty...

Would rather not get another turbo subi at moment as insurance and gas is just going up and up lol .

Know of a tidy carib lying around with some rims and springs really tidy from what iv been told, owned by the son of a toyota dealer so been looked after and serviced well, new clutch and bits and pieces...Might go have al ook this weekend as is much cheaper for milage and kms than the examples on trademe...

Guest boostin
 nt_a_foz said:

Yeah thought about them but 2 square lol...

Ruapehu is a piss easy road to get up to compared to hutt, hutt is a dog of a skifield to access lol.

Its sealed to the top at ruapehu so no drama tehre..

Still leaning towards carib at this stage.

For the 7-8k i want to spend its probably the best value for money got a bit of go, look reasonable and toyota reliabilty...

Would rather not get another turbo subi at moment as insurance and gas is just going up and up lol .

Know of a tidy carib lying around with some rims and springs really tidy from what iv been told, owned by the son of a toyota dealer so been looked after and serviced well, new clutch and bits and pieces...Might go have al ook this weekend as is much cheaper for milage and kms than the examples on trademe...

But Caribs are almost as ugly as a bugeye!!

I say keep the R. But if you do go Toyota, get an Altezza Gita wagon. Those things are impressive.

nt_a_foz said:

A/Its going to be my daily (Sick of having nice car and driving the ****ty corolla to work)

B/ Needs to be reasonable on gas

C/ Suitable to goto the mountain lots (not nessecarily 4wd but comfortable for the 3 hour trip down)

D/ Thinking along the lines of a wagon of some sort.

E/ No turbo sick of paying bazillions of dollars a year for insurance lol...

F/ Cant be a nana sack of **** car got to have a little bit of go .

shit scratch those