Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

94 WRX Electrical Issues... IVE HAD ENOUGH ITS ABOUT TO GO OVER A CLIFF

Guest lan_killa

i do realise the leone is way different it was just the principal i was getting at. anyway i like boostin's idea as it will tell u so much at once

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

legacy666 said:

My only advice is take it to an auto electician. seeing all the replys it could be anything. someone who does this kind of thing for a living will pick up the problem in no time.

i agree, pay someone who knows what they are doing to fix it, save the hassle for a few bucks, probably cost you more in time and frustration trying to do it yourself.

subieboy said:

Or keep doing what he is doing and learn something

wel yea could do but he wants to sell and hes tryed alot already and smashed up a guard in frustration :P

the money already spent on parts that didnt need to be changed would of had it fixed long ago.

Guest lan_killa

thing is I work with electronics all day long, so car wiring isnt exactally new to me...

Ive talked to a few auto sparkys about it and none of them can gurantee a fix for me, and thier words have been its just going to sit here costing you $$$ while we try and find this issue. Which is really money I dont want to spend on it.

Next weekend im going to pull the inlet manifold off and pull the loom off it and go through it plug by plug, wire by wire, pin by pin... see what I can turn up

just a thought, have u tried looking for inlet leaks? itll run rich when its cold so it wont show up but once its warm itll be running way lean and often a little intermittently too. just coat the inlet (esp the joins where gaskets r etc) liberally with engine start while running and c if it changes pitch at all. might not b it but worth a go since u dont seem ta b getting very far with anything else

yer, i must say, the v5 loom i got with my v5 manifold (as part of the TT to ST conv) had some wires rubbed through under the manifold.

I wondered what sort of issues this wud have caused for the original owner and if this was a common prob under the manifold for EJ20s.

So under the manifold maybe a good place to look and/or get another loom as suggested.

Guest lan_killa

I have another loom here that im going to swap in in a couple of weekends time, but first up im going to do the LED thing at boosting suggested

going buy your first post you have already replaced everything your about to hook leds into to test, so wouldnt it make more sense to replace the loom now? as the other parts like afm, ignitor, plugs, coils. tps you have already eliminated, not like it will take long, and if your leds come back with something after all the effort of wiring them in, all your gonna do is change the loom anyway arent you?, so why not do it first?

then if you still have issues, look at the led test.

up to you though bro but thats what i would do.

Guest lan_killa

could go either way really... the LED's are just to make sure that sensors arent loosing thier 12V feed... Would deffinatly be nice to know what is happening if the loom swap does fix it... Might give the LEDs a flag for now seeing as I am going to goto the effort of putting in a new loom

Well at least ripping the front and top off a motor is something I CAN do for once (instead of standing around looking pretty). I'll even stand there and cuss at your intake system for a while ;D

What are the chances it's a bit of damaged/rubbed/melted wiring loom somewhere. Seen it before, under very different circumstances...

Ah well. Another stab at fixing coming up soon. Then maybe I can have my battery back :P

Guest lan_killa

ill swap em over before gym tonight if ya want... your battery hasnt helped my car.... but my battery seems to have done things for yours.... weird

Guest lan_killa

****... turns out the loom I acquired is a 2 plug RS loom not a 3 plug WRX GRRRRRRRR

Although I do now have a very clean manifold

located above drivers foot well

Its a brown coloured relay, not the easiest to get out, it has a security catch on the side of it to prevent the relay falling out

Common cause for cut out issues and infrequent faults

last three numbers on relay will be 000 or 010, updated relay is 020 (from memory)

Guest boostin

I will probably have one kicking around if you want to try it.

Edit - Found it. Gimme a text if you want to try it. I'll be over Penrose way late tomorrow morning if you want me to swing by.

Guest lan_killa

went and got one from strongs... have fitted it but cant test it yet as the inlet manifold is still off the car

Cheers for the offer Ryan