Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boostin
 smurff']

[quote name='lan_killa said:

and i know where he lives and works... i stalk him regularly

/quote]

hahaha, you guys get more and more worrying :P

-smurff

Actually, I'm quite concerned now. I have no idea where he works or lives!! *Goes off to load shotgun* :-X

boostin']

[quote name='lan_killa said:

you oviously dont know about the 3rd vehicle then... 2.5L Turbo!!! :D

/quote]

Crap. >:(

Exactly, it is crap so you have nothing to fear!

Guest lan_killa

so... changed engine loom and ign relay no different... spent the last few days fucking around with it.... where to next?

run some tests

what actually happens ,

ie 1, do the injectors loose there power feed?

2, does the fuel pump losse power or earth?

3, is the power feed to the ecu stable?

Guest lan_killa
 Ichi Ban said:

run some tests

what actually happens ,

I beleive Im loosing ignition, not fuel. Also worth noting is that if I unplug the AFM it will run fine, with the exception that I cant get more than 5psi.

Will sort out some LEDs to keep an eye on things

Guest lan_killa
 gazzy2000 said:

geez what a prick of a problem!

Have you or can you borrow another ECU?

Read post 1... have tried another ecu

Guest lan_killa
 DRFVDR said:

will swap you a known good RX coupe for your known bad WRX :) hehhhheehehe

yes, provided you will drop off/pick up

worth noting the wrx is WOF and Reg'd so would want a car with both :P

lan_killa said:

so... changed engine loom and ign relay no different... spent the last few days ****ing around with it.... where to next?

you have done the ecu a?

have you done that led test? you could bee loosing power from other places

lan_killa']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

will swap you a known good RX coupe for your known bad WRX :) hehhhheehehe

/quote]

yes, provided you will drop off/pick up

worth noting the wrx is WOF and Reg'd so would want a car with both :P

Mine has both :P and clean sheeting as well :) heheheheh

lan_killa']

[quote name='Ichi Ban said:

run some tests

what actually happens ,

/quote]

I beleive Im loosing ignition, not fuel. Also worth noting is that if I unplug the AFM it will run fine, with the exception that I cant get more than 5psi.

Will sort out some LEDs to keep an eye on things

If AFM unplugged fixes cut out issue then everything else is deemed to be fine !

did you reset ecu with new AFM you tried?

Sure you didnt fit the old AFM instead of the new one ? ( just thinking outside the square )

or with only 5 psi when AFM unplugged are you sure you not getting boost cut with it connected?

in one of your posts you said the knock correction was all over the place. This is exactly what mine did when deting its ass off.

That cud be a good angle to take for diagnostics.

1) maybe the Knock sensor needs relocation i.e. too much interferance in the fatcory location - http://www.imprezasport.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=785&st=0

2) there cud well be major Det and the knock senor is just doing its job (it may well not throw a CEL either)

if thats the case maybe it is actually Deting and gng into safe mode as well as other crazy sh1t.

3) det can be caused from a raft of conditions/problems, but maybe try some upper engine cleaner, if there is a carbon build up that gets hot it can pre-ignite the fuel when the car is fully warm.

4) consider this, if you have any engine work done is the CR exactly the same as factory?

Being that the knock sensor is so easy to relocate, i wud do that first at least eliminating that as being the problem.

DOnt forget to reset ECU (properly) after the relocation and torgue sensor correctly.

The above link (if you read the whole thread) states the knock sensor can cause a whole raft of issues and not throw a CEL.

If the relocation does nothing then look at Det issues i.e. pay for a on road test with a tuner and a knock listening device to prove indeed there is no det.

I think i got quoted $75 for a on road det listening test, but then made my own listening device for $12-$20, i have a thread on making that device, your an electronics man so youd be sweet.

When i had Det issues tell tail signs were:

- (if real bad) white mist or smoke under the det conditions (looks like condensation)

- the engine heated up way too quickly

- (the obvious one) if excessive det the engine goes into safe mode boost of 5-10 PSI

- no CELs pointing at ANYTHING obvious

Guest boostin

Det doesn't make the engine stall and then not restart.

I've seen it myself. Idling away nicely in the drive, then coughs and stalls, and won't restart for a minute or so. There was no det while idling!!