Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DOBC Legacy T-shirts - thanks Cuddas and Matariki_GT!

Shale

Hey guys. It's Legacy pimpage time!!

DOBC is STILL waiting to go online. There's a minor, MINOR issue preventing it going live and it's really starting to hack me the hell off.

IN THE MEANTIME, I am going to be organising appropriate T-shirts and singlets. There will be a line art Legacy on the back, and a logo on the front... however, I need a reference photo of a BC5 GT or RS sedan, PREFERABLY pre-facelift.

These are examples of the SPECIFIC angle I need:

territory01.jpg

25991109096133559141150.jpg

- Wheels MUST be turned to show the mags - which will be drawn as stock Subaru wheels of some kind

- MUST be of the rear of the car, from a low angle

- Needs to be between 45º angle and dead-on

- Exhaust doesn't matter - either stock or big bore

- Towbar doesn't matter, will be drawn without

- Prefer a light car as it's easier to draw, but will accept any and all reference material ;D

I may consider bribing people for a good high-res shot on the right angle.

The car will be drawn in the DOBC vector style, and will be a generic BC5; no recognisable features specific to the source as this is for an enthusiast's T-shirt.

And yes, wagon mafia, there will be a wagon DOBF tee/singlet too! ;D

Ninja edit: This is the style I speak of.

dobcsignature.gif

White lines on brown clothing :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CUDDAS said:

012-6.jpg

This is pretty much bang on what I'm after. TY! ;D

666SubSpeed - DOBC stands for Dirty Ol' BC, not Riced Ol' BC ;D WRC-spec is the 'Jesus-car' :) These things won't be lowered.

Ninja edit: I'm going to clean up the vectors, GET THE F**KING WEBSITE ONLINE (GRRRRRRR), find a source for good, comfy clothes in the right colour, source screen printing and then we're there for both the sedan and wagon :)

Standard T-shirts to start with, but singlets for summer and those with smexy awesome arms!

Hahahaha yeah my wagon and I are a matched pair! ;D

I somehow think the sedan one will sell like hotcakes - though there are plenty of wagon enthusiasts out there. Will have a BC5 vector up tomorrow, and by next week, drafts for the tees :)

Scoobydoo: If bribed, yes :) Wanted one of your car? Big picture my way, PDF your way. You I can imagine will set it to the size you want on the shirt.

gen11990: Yeah, I traced my wagon in Illustrator. There's some tweaking to do, this is the quickie 30 minute base...but this is what I do for a living. Make pretty things in the Adobe suite :D

Shale said:

This is the DOBF version beta:

dobf.jpg

I can't decide if it needs the seatbelt added in the left window, or needs the other outlines removed from the rear window view... hmmm. :)

Either way, let me know when the t-shirts are available. 8)

They are hawtness and win :D

Somewhat related note: in IRC we were debating shirt colours. Now, DOBC's colour (given it stands for DIRTY ol' BC) is brown. A warm chocolate/dirt brown. Mixed with the crisp white lines of the vector and logo, it shows the two sides of the vehicle: refined and professional in leather trim, but psycho grass-destroying monster when put to its true use.

Hence, the shirts are all brown.

However a few people would just look darn funny in brown...so I'll be doing EXTREMELY LIMITED numbers of white and black.

What are thoughts on alternative colours? Wiretap suggested the colours the 1st gen came in. My only worry is that it'll start detracting from the recognition and look of the brand; the brown is unusual and stands out - in a good way, unless it clashes with your hair colour. I've had mixed replies, and myself I'm partial to KISS...three colours, tops.

Thoughts?

Also. I'm tracking down sources for supply and screen printing; I don't really want to do tiny runs with Warehouse tees and mix&match... it's proving expensive. But my boss has some brilliant ideas in that regard.

I'll work once again at getting that wretched site online. Once that's up we can start looking at numbers for the singlets and tees...so far there are about 10 of 'em ready to order :)

I've had that asked twice now today. And I think it's a good idea; I'd prefer the facto ones on there.

Provide me with a photo of a car fitted with them on an identical angle to one of the cars, and it shall be done. Needs to be as exact as possible.

As for the why, the answer should be fairly clear; given the sample photos, which don't have them fitted, the end result wouldn't have been anywhere near accurate.

Guest boostin

I agree with the factory rims. The wagon looks better with the far side windows removed from the rear window view.

Can the wagon get a big zorst like the sedan too??

BUH! xD Actually if you have a pic of your wagon with more of a fart can on it Ryan, I'll change that too.

So we've gone from stock exhaust with 16"s, to fart cannon with stock wheels.

I need reference first, people :P We'll get the design right within a week!

The day will come when I have a BF5 sitting in my carport! Will probably take the 2 wheeled death machine nearly causing my death but mark my words I will have my BF one day!

Shirts look cool. Just for the record I look AWESOME in brown

matdaymon said:

The day will come when I have a BF5 sitting in my carport! Will probably take the 2 wheeled death machine nearly causing my death but mark my words I will have my BF one day!

Shirts look cool. Just for the record I look AWESOME in brown

Iknow where there is a rolling shell

not sure if he has deregisted it yet

no engine

but he may part with everything else