• Raised $0.00

thoughts on: Adventra

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I worked at the local Holden dealer when these came out, it was said that if you could get one stuck you deserved a medal as the "crosstek" system was so amazing,

Needless to say alot of them came back to our workshop for under body/drivetrain repairs.

theyre good, thursty, but i like them...

the crewman cross8 would have to be my pick if i had to choose.

RAYDEO said:

the 6 still has alot of snot. ive seen the 6 easily tow a 2.5 tonne boat. but it smelt a bit "hot" afterwards.

depends what you want to do with it.

daily, with tow car potential, and hiff everything in the back (im going away/camping/biking/stuff) ability, go home to the farm and out and about potential

99GTB said:

What about a 3L (BP model) Legacy Outback? Or not enough grunt?

shud take one for a skittle as well - but i would suspect just a bit light on weight/power **for car towing. unless someone knows different?

** my impressions.

Better off getting a Prado or landcruiser....

but...

If you going to be doing abit of towing, get the v8.

I know a couple of people with the crewman ute 4x4. Most pull boats around. One did have a v6, said it was good towing, but traded to a V8 and has never looked backed.

Yes they are bad on gas around town with stop n go driving, but on on open road the pretty good.

D-Style said:

Better off getting a Prado or landcruiser....

but...

If you going to be doing abit of towing, get the v8.

I know a couple of people with the crewman ute 4x4. Most pull boats around. One did have a v6, said it was good towing, but traded to a V8 and has never looked backed.

Yes they are bad on gas around town with stop n go driving, but on on open road the pretty good.

a bit to off road for me... and wont be doing a HUGE amount of towing - just there for when needed. i haven't seen many other options around the 20k mark... i like the wagon nature of it, like the BH or BP legacy.

Thoughts are to trial the Territory as well.. just coz ford vs holden.

20k?

Hem that gets you a lot of used towing capability!

Id get a 95+ landcruiser as they are mean and quite luxurious too. I know you dont want to be too offroad but they arent really...they just have the capability!

Only thing with holdens is the radiator cores are horizontal instead of vertical...or was it the other way round? Anyway...they tend to block up slightly sometimes and cause overheating. Regular flushes will fix it. I think this only affected the vy or vx in the early 00's.

I wouldnt buy a flat 6 H30 cos the radiator too small to tow anything big, so ive been informed by aim. Hence my reason to buy a holden. PLus it wont fold in a smash like the legacy will.

Swindog said:

Only thing with holdens is the radiator cores are horizontal instead of vertical...or was it the other way round? Anyway...they tend to block up slightly sometimes and cause overheating. Regular flushes will fix it. I think this only affected the vy or vx in the early 00's.

I wouldnt buy a flat 6 H30 cos the radiator too small to tow anything big, so ive been informed by aim. Hence my reason to buy a holden. PLus it wont fold in a smash like the legacy will.

thanks - useful and will investigate the radiator thingy.. All Adventra's ive seen are VZ based.

+2 on a real 4wd.

Holden's half-assed "Cross Trac" system, which relies on using the braking electronics to provide traction, won't hack it for serious towing.

As for not being able to get them stuck... TUI time !

Motor magazine tested a 4wd Monaro, which also used Cross Trac and quickly got it bogged up to the axles.

The V6 will run on 91, reducing fuel costs a little.

:D

Guest boostcut

the transmissions in them are prone tho throwing the front seal out of the pump. and theyre a homo to get out.

boostcut said:

the transmissions in them are prone tho throwing the front seal out of the pump. and theyre a homo to get out.

yer wondered about that.. a couple i've enquired about show history of water pump replacement etc.. i wondered if it was a maintenance thing or abuse or a fault..

Guest boostcut

i wouldnt personally toudh it.. a late model 2wd commodore wagon( if thats what you want) will be alot better