Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Smith N Smith

I took my old car to get two chips done by them through insurance. All was sweet and they did a good job on the repairs.

However, when I went to pick it up, they had to move a couple of other cars and their van to get it out. watched as the stupid fuck reversed his van into the rear corner of my car smashing the tail light and leaving a big fucking dent.

Guest SPANKU

good topic, my mate pete got his windows done there, they taken his car for a joy ride, full tank of gas gone and smashed up his muffler. when confronted with them they denided it, my mate got the GPS plots and slapped it in their face, they ended up repairing his exhaust which cost over $2500

this smith n smith petone in the hutt

oh yeah when u look at their ads on TV they drive in the middle of the road

Not that it will help you much Ray, but Autoglas Steiger in Wellington are excellent. Much better service and really really helpful. Not sure if they have a branch down south however.

EDIT - http://www.autoglas-stieger.co.nz/cms/

Give them a go.

I had a windscreen resin filled by them some time ago. It was enough to reduce the crack, but not completely hide it, so later on I ended up getting a new windscreen from them at a very good price.

meh i had a chip in middle of window after a big milk tanker kicked up a stone on way to mt hutt.

went to get it fixed @ S and S and they just chucked a new windscreen in lol.

Didnt try to put any raisins in there at all

Guest DMSREX

Couple of years ago the wifes Honda at home "sorry mate can't fix that you'll need a new windscreen" he came a couple of days later as they never had one in stock, ripped the old one out only to find the new one didn't fit, car left sitting (undrivable) for 3 days waiting for the correct screen. Haven't used them since.

I used them in Queenstown and they were good. I had a new windscreen up there and they offered me gold or blue tint on it from factory.

Was done in a day....took it back the next week for a chip which they did for nothing...prbably becasue they hadnt done the paperwork from the new windscreen and lumped it on top of the insurance.

They were sweet with me, the weekend before a trackday my windscreen got bottled. Rung insurance and chucked it into Smith & smith for free windscreen replacement. Turned out there was rust round the corners and they were able to get it fixed up for an extra $80 and have it all done before picking up Monday morning in time for the trackday. As at first they said I would have to wait til friday to get the windscreen replaced, but when i told them that I was racing on the Monday they got it sussed ASAP. Couldn't be happier.

Smith and Smith are shocking. I had my Cargo window in my passat replaced, that was fine, but, they left glass all through my car and managed to break my regulator in my drivers window. When confronted they denied using the window and told me it would cost me 200 to fix. got the part off ebay for 10 bux and DIY'ed. Never going there again

I would never use smith and smith.

That told me it would cost 2000 dollars to replace the bloody windscreen in one of my brumbys.

I use the 2 fix it guy in chch to do any glass work. He does a propper job.

Removes all the old rubber sealant. Treats any possible rust spots.

and has a good price.

I went early in the morning to the SnS out at Russley. Took them 40 min while I went for a walk. Got it back, the chips repaired (can still spot them if you look closely) and paid for by insurance. No dramas.

SPANKU said:

good topic, my mate pete got his windows done there, they taken his car for a joy ride, full tank of gas gone and smashed up his muffler. when confronted with them they denided it, my mate got the GPS plots and slapped it in their face, they ended up repairing his exhaust which cost over $2500

this smith n smith petone in the hutt

This story sounds very familiar haha...Smith and Smith Adelaide Rd, this is after it took 3 tries to get the correct piece of glass (they ordered it for a GC8 twice not a GDB. This is after I had an argument with them about the chassis code, because my bugeye was made in 2000, not 2001). They ended up giving the car back to me with a plastic temp window for the weekend when I said I didnt want them having the car any more because I noticed they had been driving it around.

I will never go to Smith N Smith again...!

I took my car there for a simple windscreen replacement and ended up having to go back 4 times! What a waste of time!

At one point a service technician came to my workplace to repair a leak (after they had fitted a new screen) his solution was to use a piece duct tape which he stuck along the length of the top of my screen! I immediately took pictures and sent them to the boss who was fairly helpful, but I still had to go back twice after this incident and my car now fills up with water every time it rains! Luckily the screen is cracked again so I need a new one. Needless to say I will not go to Smith N Smith!

QRAF said:

good topic i have a need to get my windscreen replaced soon had a couple of cracks in it since i got it.

I think i need a new one whats the difference between the gold and blue films?

i would say difference would only be the colour.

scooby-wrx said:

I will never go to Smith N Smith again...!

I took my car there for a simple windscreen replacement and ended up having to go back 4 times! What a waste of time!

At one point a service technician came to my workplace to repair a leak (after they had fitted a new screen) his solution was to use a piece duct tape which he stuck along the length of the top of my screen! I immediately took pictures and sent them to the boss who was fairly helpful, but I still had to go back twice after this incident and my car now fills up with water every time it rains! Luckily the screen is cracked again so I need a new one. Needless to say I will not go to Smith N Smith!

Just tell your insurance company. Im sure they wouldnt be happy cos the next claim would be water damage!