Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

car wont start after installing split fuel rails....

zarnah

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest keltik
 zarnah said:

saw fuel spraying everywhere and thought "meh, stupid hose clamps" lol

Post of the week.

You plugged the coolant temp sensor back in right?

yeap plugged it back in, dam this car is driving me up the wall, I just completed the "not so easy" task of getting all the plugs out and getting them all nice and clean again, put them back in and now she wont start up at all, turn the key and it tries to start-fires once or twice and then just dies again?

Guest keltik

Sounds like a fueling issue to me maybe? Youve got the return and feed lines hooked up the right way? The pumps actually whining?

Guest keltik

Hmm ok. Tried starting using the flood clearing procedure?

Floor accelerator pedal and turn ignition on for 2 seconds. Hold accelerator pedal to floor while cranking. Changes the ecu into flooded start mode

Its going!!!!! dammit wait till ichi-ban reads this im gunna get the muppet of the week award for the 2nd week in a row(got it last week for my "I cant bleed my new four pots" post- turns out I had them on upside down) ...... if you read back through this thread you will read the part where I say the fuel line blew off, so I just limped home and fixed it. thats when the problems began, well after much staring into the engine bay and many bad words uttered from my mouth I had an idea...... "since the fuel light was on even before that hose blew off in the 1st place, maybe, just maybe, during the slow limp home shes pumped all her gas out onto the ground/engine/etc". moral of the story is- no mater how hard you try you aint gunna get an engine going if its got no gas in it.........

zarnah said:

Its going!!!!! dammit wait till ichi-ban reads this im gunna get the muppet of the week award for the 2nd week in a row(got it last week for my "I cant bleed my new four pots" post- turns out I had them on upside down) ...... if you read back through this thread you will read the part where I say the fuel line blew off, so I just limped home and fixed it. thats when the problems began, well after much staring into the engine bay and many bad words uttered from my mouth I had an idea...... "since the fuel light was on even before that hose blew off in the 1st place, maybe, just maybe, during the slow limp home shes pumped all her gas out onto the ground/engine/etc". moral of the story is- no mater how hard you try you aint gunna get an engine going if its got no gas in it.........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

you my freind are awesome!!!!!! Joker - find a lovely picture for this fantastics effort. def MUPPET of the week... tops mate!

YES INDEED,you get MUPPET OF THE WEEK/MONTH with out doubt !! ;D

If you ever ask if me why your car wont start, I might check that you have keys in the ignition first !! ;D

Anyway all good, we all overlook things from time to time

Have a great weekend

I can't wait to hear what you get up to next :P

dude. seriously - i would get someone else to do mech stuff....

Brakes upside down...

Leave engine earth disconnected...

Drove with fuel line off...

Saw fuel line off - went 'meh' rather than 'JEEBUS!' and hit ground running...

Managing to get 'a rich smell' when gas tank empty....

In the space of a month

Guest keltik
 nzkaosnz said:

Managing to get 'a rich smell' when gas tank empty....

And fuel pumps sound completely different when theyre sucking air. From now on if your car doesnt start - the FIRST thing im suggesting is the simplest bloody thing

yeap begining to think maybe i should leave these things to the pros. in fact usualy i would but we are saving for a house so im on a strict budget. been good though have learnt heaps about my car in the last month ia year ago i knew next to nothing to do with my car mechanically. can strip down my dirtbike and do a full rebuild in a day piece of cake. still learning when it comes to cars though ive always just paid someone to work on my cars

same thing with me...fuel line didnt quite pop off but had sortv come loose allowing a sh!t load of petrol drip out...went home and sorted the thing out..I guess that makes me lucky to??

1992-RS said:

same thing with me...fuel line didnt quite pop off but had sortv come loose allowing a sh!t load of petrol drip out...went home and sorted the thing out..I guess that makes me lucky to??

Does anyone these days actually have that thing called LOGIC?? There's fuel pissing out all over your hot engine, don't you think that that could possibly cause a problem?? Our education system is failing us miserably!

And then to come on the internet and admit it kinda makes it even worse......

Some days I wish that Darwins Theory was alot more efficient.

Guest keltik

Id rather we make it more general like "Flammable fluids spraying onto a hot running motor with lots of high tension current flowing around it MAY burst into flames"

zarnah said:

Heheheh

Hahahahaha

Hohohohohoho

heeheeheeheeheehee

Muppet of the month award then???

Waits to eat me own words once I actually do this... ;D

Koom']

[quote name='1992-RS said:

/quote]

Does anyone these days actually have that thing called LOGIC?? There's fuel pissing out all over your hot engine, don't you think that that could possibly cause a problem?? Our education system is failing us miserably!

And then to come on the internet and admit it kinda makes it even worse......

Some days I wish that Darwins Theory was alot more efficient.

of corse I didnt drive off down the road KNOWING that the fuel was gonna piss all over my engine..hah.