Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

sta performance

k wel xmas is getting closer and i want my car running mint b4 then so i dont have to worry about it.

redline performance sells the stainless steel headers/up pipe. which iv heard arnt very good and tend to crack after a small amount of time.,

so iv done my researching and i found sta performance who sell some.the quilty looks abit better,could be the same .not sure thoe.

http://www.segedin.co.nz/product_23_MHHEADER.php

there non tuned length and suposibly keep the subaru rumble.which i want sounds awsome.

any body on here bought any of there headers or anything from these guys before.

STA headers are rubbish. Have seen 2 sets sent to the same workshop and BOTH had a upipe about 50mm to short and STA didnt want to know about it.

Once upon a time they usedto have decent products but now most of it is chinese junk and of a very poor quality.

Also know people who have had trouble having them coming to the party with faulty goods etc.

my uppipe from them was also shet, but the headers themselves are awesome.

I got one of the last 'good' batches that brad mentioned above. These days it seems the overall quality is rubbish.

They also didnt want to know when i called them about stuff post purchase.

A pity for what used to be a good place to buy from.

dam :(

its so hard to buy good quility stuff these days enless its custom made for the car.mayb il just keep my standard headers and get myself a stainless up pipe as mine has a split some were in it and is leaking.thought some nice heards and up pipe to suite would be mean for xmas.

any advice? :)

sti8u said:

its so hard to buy good quility stuff these days enless its custom made for the car.s.

Its not hard to buy good quality stuff at all, the hard part is people never want to pay for it...

There is a lot of chinese knck off parts around these days, so much that it seems thats all we get used to in terms of pricing, so when you see a product from a reputible brand we all tend to think its a rip off! Just the way it is these days... NZ is full of cheap asses (I work in retail so I know all about it!). I guess most of these places in NZ are just catering to the market by supplying cheaper products as thats what most punters seem to want in these current times.

You can definitly get good headers without going custom made... try the USA (dollar is good at the mo - http://www.full-race.com/) or Japanese brands (HKS, Greddy, etc etc)... but be prepared for the price.

haha iknow what you mean.seeing a products that 300 bucks and one that is 1500 and they look exactly the same minus the brand i gues people would tend to go for the cheap 1.iv learnt my lesson of try to by cheap stuff and its just a waste of time.il check that website out cheers for the help bud

Redline performance have a few brands... Xforce is the cheaper one they tend to sell, but the other brand Phil in Wellington recommended to me was MGP.. far superior quality to the XForce ones he reckoned.

Otherwise Rage do a tuned one as well in Stainless for the 94-00 range of cars

http://www.rage.co.nz/New%20Site/web-content/headers.html

sti8u said:

haha iv just heard a few bad storys from the ones from redline.they crack and sit to low to the ground ect.gay you can get the price list from range

Yeah so have I, but they tend to be the Xforce ones. I think MGP is a brand they have only started doing in the last year or so, so they may be a better option.

And I didn't know they did headers either, but I just looked on their website and they were there. As for price, I don't know, but I have found these guys to be a cheap supplier of Rage components, so I'd drop them a line.

http://www.partsco.com/

Tony']

[quote name='sti8u said:

its so hard to buy good quility stuff these days enless its custom made for the car.s.

/quote]

Its not hard to buy good quality stuff at all, the hard part is people never want to pay for it...

There is a lot of chinese knck off parts around these days, so much that it seems thats all we get used to in terms of pricing, so when you see a product from a reputible brand we all tend to think its a rip off! Just the way it is these days... NZ is full of cheap asses (I work in retail so I know all about it!). I guess most of these places in NZ are just catering to the market by supplying cheaper products as thats what most punters seem to want in these current times.

You can definitly get good headers without going custom made... try the USA (dollar is good at the mo - http://www.full-race.com/) or Japanese brands (HKS, Greddy, etc etc)... but be prepared for the price.

^this.

• Admin
 Scoobydoo']

[quote name='boon said:

I can get Rage at reasonable prices for Wellington folks, PM me.

/quote]

I think you should get some headers, then let me have a look at them :D

They only do them for 92-00 WRX :(

I'll either shell out the cash for some Zerosports ones or get some made up locally.

I ran out of time to look into the Rage one's prices this arvo, are they any good?? i too could get them at a good price but if they are as crap their mild steel systems i dont really want to push them ;) my car runs sta extractors that i got 4-5 years ago, were just $950 trade & they are still fine, even had 'sta' stamped on the up pipe that i sold on TM to someone in chch,

I have heard that their stuff isn't that flash now but i havent got any complaints with my ones :)

Scoobydoo said:

Yeah so have I, but they tend to be the Xforce ones. I think MGP is a brand they have only started doing in the last year or so, so they may be a better option.

And I didn't know they did headers either, but I just looked on their website and they were there. As for price, I don't know, but I have found these guys to be a cheap supplier of Rage components, so I'd drop them a line.

http://www.partsco.com/

Got an email reply back. Apparently they don't stock the headers as a general rule, but they are RRP of about $1100. They are Stainless steel, not mild steel.

boon']

[quote name='boon said:

I can get Rage at reasonable prices for Wellington folks, PM me.

/quote]

I think you should get some headers, then let me have a look at them :D

They only do them for 92-00 WRX :(

I'll either shell out the cash for some Zerosports ones or get some made up locally.

How much would they be??