Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

NZ's Fastest Road legal subaru?

R8TD_R

R8TD_R']

[quote name='gmeago said:

SILNCR = 11.07.

I know for a fact that it was a WOF, rego etc. etc.

/quote]

SILNCR is a great car i hope to see it back on the track again.

I think i saw it at Speed Source 3 4 months ago must be in the 10s now.

And theres a yellow 2door wrx thats done a 10.8 from puke don't know the plate tho.

+1

• General Member

There was a mention in NZPC about 3-4 months back now (I think the one introducing Falgs in whatever capacity he has there now) had a small write up that said theres 3 Street legal WRX (or STI) Running in the tens in NZ now.

It was just a small write up but mentioned the Yellow WRX, and SRKMR or whatever the plate is on the above Youotube White one.

Might be worth flicking NZPC a email, they would probably have a list somewhere, there often more useful as a database than an actual readable magazine...

Also didnt speed source have a late model STI Doing tens??

Johnnynz said:

Yeah they had a v8 Spec C, but you can't really count that car now as the engine from the car at that time, is now sitting in some race car somewhere. Had like 350kw or something stupid like that, with NAWS :D

Scoobydoo']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

/quote]

Yeah they had a v8 Spec C, but you can't really count that car now as the engine from the car at that time, is now sitting in some race car somewhere. Had like 350kw or something stupid like that, with NAWS :D

yea his did a 10.9 it had 311kw it was a v7 with a facelift Spec C

G-unit said:

what sort of power do u have r8td r? local here has 316kw but hasnt been on the strip yet

R8TD R has a factory motor.

but my RA has 330kw on 98oct and 365kw on nos at 23psi but now we pulled the motor apart to drop compression ratio and a couple other things want to go over the 400kw hope to get it there.

G-unit said:

na not mine, a local guy, his a retna coupe fitted with 6speed massive turbo etc etc, fried his clutch few weeks ago practicing launces lol all go now tho, will try get pics some time

sounds phat!! dont tell me he practiced on the streets?!! :o

i was getting close but this was the first day ive raced it we were trying to get the traction right but there just wasn't enough runs to tune my tire pressure with launch rpm to get my 60 foot right plus i was having problems with the nitrous filter every run was getting blocked (looked like bits of thread tape were in the line) hopefully will get the 10 soon maybe on the 8/01/11 at drag masters, fingers crossed ;)

• 3 months later...
 CP93MM said:

Aparently this is a 10 second car! and nz's fastest legacy gt ;D http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/gt/auction-363799741.htm

230kw and 900nm of torque atw on 18psi and standard injectors (i have dyno sheets, currently the fastest road legal gt subaru in NZ) she had a couple of things holding her back such as seized rear breaks which i have since fixed and should be making 270-2780kw

loool i want 2780 kw man !!! but yellows could never get 270kw

Guest vf20/21bg5

But hold on! he is the the Managing Director and co-owner of Turbo Performance NZ and all mods have been done to the highest standard tho! :o

i think he got like 1000nm of tourq.mine only ran 7psi and i stil managed to get 890 something nm of tourq.some cars make alot of power but have bugger all touqe ah.

GC8E2DD said:

A high powered car with a low peak torque just means it either has a stratospheric rev limit, or what little torque it makes is at the top of the rev range. Simple stuff.

yup.so why would my car make high tourqu on low boost then?