Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

NZ's Fastest Road legal subaru?

R8TD_R

Could look into the benefits between a stroker 2.35L and a de-stroker 2.35L. (i.e. 79mm and ~97mm bore vs 75mm and 100mm bore)

The de-stroker shifts the powerband to the right but improves VE apparently i.e. more power for less boost.

Nasioc/22b.com would be one place to look for info. Not sure which way round the Rigoli's build their 2.35 motor's either?

Longrods are another thing to look into. If you can fit them in (with shorter pistons) then they give nearly free benefits i.e. also improve VE with slight powerband shift to the right.

Why not a normal-ish 2.5?

or a 2.7L stroker? Can buy 83mm cranks from some places too.

Or a 102.5mm bore 75mm stroke 2.5L

Personally I'd just look through the Proven Power bragging section of Nasioc and see what is often used to make the type of power you want to chase.

just curious but some new subaru legacy wagons are 3.0L .has any one every used a 3L block from one of those before?

there a none turbo motor from the start.so i guess some forges new rods ect.

sti8u said:

just curious but some new subaru legacy wagons are 3.0L .has any one every used a 3L block from one of those before?

yup there are a range of builds around the world using the ez30(x) motor.

hey funkytown.have you got any links i could see?

was having a good converstaion with a mate of mine lastnight about the 3L rb30dets.then we thought if any one has used a 3l as a turbo'd engine

funkytown']

[quote name='sti8u said:

/quote]

yup there are a range of builds around the world using the ez30(x) motor.

2 have been built in Tauranga.

Cole Armstrong (V R34 Drift Car) has a retna coupe with a dccd 6 speed setup, brembos, cage, forged EZ30R wtih a rather large turbo on it. Dont think its been tuned yet though.

The other one is gtoing to be 700+hp and has had ALOT of money spent onit will all become apparent in due time thoughy

• 2 months later...
 soopersubaru']

[quote name='Qwerty said:

A more important record would be the fastest subaru that doesn't break on a regular basis...

/quote]

Guilty.. 91Wagon .... .road not drags 250 Kw...396 Newton metres 4500 rpm ( NO issues!!)

Soopersubaru,,....!!!!! type it into youtube.

That's not the fastest. I know myself and 2 friends that havnt put a wrench on car in a year and more power and we far from fastest.

gotasuby']

A more important record would be the fastest subaru that doesn't break on a regular basis...

/quote]

Guilty.. 91Wagon .... .road not drags 250 Kw...396 Newton metres 4500 rpm ( NO issues!!)

That's not the fastest. I know myself and 2 friends that havnt put a wrench on car in a year and more power and we far from fastest.

Challenge?..............Over 20,000km so far No issues......Maybe the quickest...Eats STI cars!.Any year!

Drivable...........bigger turbo could be fitted but then its a pig at 100 k.......block rated for 450 kw.

Not easy to achieve hi hp and be able to use it on the road and the track.

Up for a challenge!!! if you reckon you have a more reliable drivable one (1991 Wagon fully optioned with air con etc) that's Quicker across the range......Not fastest down 400 metres. See ya at a tar-seal hillclimb!!

ive had over 35000KM no issues ??? so i just bet that challenge. Now i know for a fact im not a very good racing driver so all thats going to prove having a hill climb race would be you may be a better driver? I have eaten a ferrari f430. well not eaten but faster in a straight line, he would no doubt beat me in corners and braking. my block is rated to what ever it breaks at. I fully agree you need to have everything working in harmony to have a quick street car.

My car is very drivable, it take me to work every day and gets 9l per 100km, also nice to drive up and down the country and runs 24psi all day every day but it doesn't make it the best or fastest.

• Admin
 soopersubaru']

/quote]

Challenge?..............Over 20,000km so far No issues......Maybe the quickest...Eats STI cars!.Any year!

Drivable...........bigger turbo could be fitted but then its a pig at 100 k.......block rated for 450 kw.

Up for a challenge!!! if you reckon you have a more reliable drivable one (1991 Wagon fully optioned with air con etc) that's Quicker across the range......Not fastest down 400 metres. See ya at a tar-seal hillclimb!!

Oh come on. All these conditions. There's a lot of cars just on here, let alone all of New Zealand, that are both faster than yours and road legal.

Having the fastest around a track road legal 1991 wagon with air conditioning that is 'drivable' by your standards in New Zealand isn't really much of a distinction. I've probably got the fastest 2001 STi with a Version 10 back seat and a slight dent in the bonnet and a blue facelift grill in New Zealand, but I don't go crowing about it.

boon']

/quote]

Oh come on. All these conditions. There's a lot of cars just on here, let alone all of New Zealand, that are both faster than yours and road legal.

Having the fastest around a track road legal 1991 wagon with air conditioning that is 'drivable' by your standards in New Zealand isn't really much of a distinction. I've probably got the fastest 2001 STi with a Version 10 back seat and a slight dent in the bonnet and a blue facelift grill in New Zealand, but I don't go crowing about it.

lmfao nicely put

Coupe']

/quote]

lmfao nicely put

I fully agree, are we not all here to enjoy our own cars which ever way we choose to modify them or keep them standard??? and to help and respect others and their cars

soopersubaru']

/quote]

I watched your videos, nice sounding car, but not sooper impressive(haha) you only have 20kms on your block, you can come talk when its at 120kms.Not trying to be a dick but seriously come on dude no need to talk it up just yet..... thats me being nice ftr

slystiguy']

/quote]

I watched your videos, nice sounding car, but not sooper impressive(haha) you only have 20kms on your block, you can come talk when its at 120kms.Not trying to be a dick but seriously come on dude no need to talk it up just yet..... thats me being nice ftr

No takers for a hill climb then????

Guess all full of wind and own self importance.....5 or 6 years to get to the 100K mark.Should still be ok.Only running at half power now.Please note that the track run was at 212 Kw. Now 250Kw.

Still maintain its the quickest fully loaded 91 wagon............ Until proven otherwise!

Pretty sure there are lots of cars in NZ that would eat yours for breakfast on a hillclimb. Thing is, most people won't pick a 91 wagon as their competition vehicle of choice so good on you for having the fastest car in your made up class that includes only your car ;]

GC8E2DD said:

Pretty sure there are lots of cars in NZ that would eat yours for breakfast on a hillclimb. Thing is, most people won't pick a 91 wagon as their competition vehicle of choice so good on you for having the fastest car in your made up class that includes only your car ;]

you said it bro +1 on that, the title says NZ's Fastest not fastest car in a one car class loooooool not many people can take you on that challenge because i dont think there that many 91 wagons left its 2011 now mate most of your wagons are parked at Pick A Part go race them

R8TD_R']

[quote name='GC8E2DD said:

you said it bro +1 on that, the title says NZ's Fastest not fastest car in a one car class loooooool not many people can take you on that challenge because i dont think there that many 91 wagons left its 2011 now mate most of your wagons are parked at Pick A Part go race them

i think you actually have the fastest 4 door gc8 though. don't think any 4 doors have cracked the 10 and you're pretty close.