Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

OLD Dyno Leaderboard Top Twenty

some interesting results.

must be what, a 1.06 exhaust housing or bigger? impressive numbers. but the drag racing results show how it works in real life

judging by the lack of first gear and 60ft (and massive trap speed), my guess is your car was the one on the right. the one on the left probably had 100kw less but did more or less exactly the same time, as its power band would be much easier to use. (assuming both cars were driven well of course)

would have been awesome to watch from in car. pulling a victory back from .4 of a second down at half track - reeling him in with that power.

very nice. i had a similar high threshold setup previously so i know how difficult it is to drive it on the strip, you need to nail the launch and 2nd gear otherwise there's no power at all. for every .1 of a second off the 60ft, is .2 of a second off the ET. you should be able to do a 1.5-1.6sec 60ft, so that comes close to 9's in theory

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its running a .82 exhaust housing on race gas with nos, 1st meeting with this much power on semi slick circuit tyres, Yes the car was in the right lane and the trap speed proves the dyno sheet is not lying. with dot rated drag tyres and a roll cage soon to be fitted we're expecting 60ft times to drop alot. previous best time on the old setup ran 11.1@125. nos isn't used till 3rd gear.

sorry - wasn't debating the power. more so how peak power vs power band works out on the drag strip.

why not use nos off the line to get the turbo spooled through 1st and 2nd? i imagine that's why the 60ft is more like what a fwd with a third of the power would get

or was it wheel spinning like mad?

no worries, power is only good if you can use it. The car isn't bogging down off the line just too much wheel spin to get a decent 60ft, nos off the line would probably have the engine bouncing off the limiter and the engine in a million pieces. r8td_r is still learning to drive the car so things can only get better, the engine has only been running for a week and tune was done last friday, even without the nos it should run tens. On the graph dark blue line is 365kw on race [email protected] bar, red line is 385kw race [email protected] and light blue line is 425kw race [email protected]. 325kw on 98 [email protected]

Innovate said:

no worries, power is only good if you can use it. The car isn't bogging down off the line just too much wheel spin to get a decent 60ft, nos off the line would probably have the engine bouncing off the limiter and the engine in a million pieces. r8td_r is still learning to drive the car so things can only get better, the engine has only been running for a week and tune was done last friday, even without the nos it should run tens. On the graph dark blue line is 365kw on race [email protected] bar, red line is 385kw race [email protected] and light blue line is 425kw race [email protected]. 325kw on 98 [email protected]

that's a lot of wheelspin to make the 60ft that bad, that's awesome. my best 60fts (1.71) i had more wheel spin than my slower ones, but full on peel outs aren't the best. definatly 10s without changing anything but launch practice alone. look forward to seeing more results. good job!

sweet.just was reading a few forums lastnyt and afew people suffred from heat soak.i just was curious to see.

wonder if there place in manukau will hava fan to use

sultan']

[quote name='Innovate said:

/quote]

that's a lot of wheelspin to make the 60ft that bad, that's awesome. my best 60fts (1.71) i had more wheel spin than my slower ones, but full on peel outs aren't the best. definatly 10s without changing anything but launch practice alone. look forward to seeing more results. good job!

Tell me about it man was getting so much wheel spin in 1st and even a bit in 2nd that i was getting tire smoke inside the car lool at 330kw i can hit 1.7 all day but now as soon as i drop the clutch even at as low 5000rpm i spin out and thats at 12psi tire pressure tried to slip the clutch and still not any better i think next time if we don't change tires ill try lunching in 2nd gear or go to 1.06 housing to slow the power down a bit.

Mind you this is a new layed track not as much rubber on and not enough VHT ether :( .

Cant show you what it looks like from inside the car but heres a video of what a sh$@ lunch looks like

R8TD_R']

/quote]

Tell me about it man was getting so much wheel spin in 1st and even a bit in 2nd that i was getting tire smoke inside the car lool at 330kw i can hit 1.7 all day but now as soon as i drop the clutch even at as low 5000rpm i spin out and thats at 12psi tire pressure tried to slip the clutch and still not any better i think next time if we don't change tires ill try lunching in 2nd gear or go to 1.06 housing to slow the power down a bit.

Mind you this is a new layed track not as much rubber on and not enough VHT ether :( .

Cant show you what it looks like from inside the car but heres a video of what a sh$@ lunch looks like

lower the boost through first gear?

sultan']

/quote]

am free revving iv got no boost off the line just the weight of the flywheel keeping me going

lower the boost through first gear?

• 1 month later...
 Dv8er - FSTWRX said:

Make : Subaru

Model : Ver5 STi RA with Ver8 STi engine + Link G4

Year: 1999

Name of Dyno : Gary Capper Performance

Date of run : 25 Feb 2011

235.8 kw atw on 95 Octane (no 98 in Northland)

IMG_0001Medium.jpg

hay mate can i ask why did you stop at that power?

Dv8er - FSTWRX']

[quote name='R8TD_R said:

hay mate can i ask why did you stop at that power?

/quote]

How do you mean 'stop at that power'?

It was all we could really get out of 95 Octane without running into trouble.

what bolt ons have you got/done to get that power

• 2 months later...

213kw @ 20psi

Make : Subaru

Model : Impreza V7 Spec C RA

Year: 2002

Name of Dyno : STM Dynapak

Date of run : 31 May 2011

dyno-final.JPG

dyno-boost.JPG

I will also note that the 183kw figure (light red line) was their baseline tune before any tuning changes, so a gain of 27kw. The dark red line is the low-boost setting (EBC with hi/lo settings) - 200kw @ 15psi. Not bad!

nice work paul, thats on real early! nice results - will be epicly fast out of the blocks.

dont worry about comparing to gregs, for starter hes on a 2.5 and they are different dynos.

A sneaky power run up the road would be really interesting.. ;)