Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

OLD Dyno Leaderboard Top Twenty

ohk.sweet.it seems to run 18psi at night with the factory soleniod all hookupd up.and it pulls hard.so mayb just leave it on 18psi for a dyno?

just curious to know

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay..so the conclusion is, a standard sti with ,afm top mount sti injectors standard fuel pump is good for around 180 195 kw atw.but if you want more reliable power you need, front mount intercooler for temps,biggers injectors split fuel rail,link g4 walbro pump and vf23 for street driveablity

sti8u said:

okay..so the conclusion is, a standard sti with ,afm top mount sti injectors standard fuel pump is good for around 180 195 kw atw.but if you want more reliable power you need, front mount intercooler for temps,biggers injectors split fuel rail,link g4 walbro pump and vf23 for street driveablity

I don't see the point of all that expense and keeping a vf23.

Bigger injectors + g4 + fmic + tune = quite abit of cash for maybe a 20kw gain

Also no subaru since 1997 has used a vf23 - things move on.

You can go way bigger than a vf23 and keep street drivability.

Qwerty']

[quote name='sti8u said:

/quote]

I don't see the point of all that expense and keeping a vf23.

Bigger injectors + g4 + fmic + tune = quite abit of cash for maybe a 20kw gain

Also no subaru since 1997 has used a vf23 - things move on.

You can go way bigger than a vf23 and keep street drivability.

my point is im not going for big power like you guys.i use my car as a street car.no track work or 1/4 racing,im more for response than top end power.i find that my vf23 is responsive as,its a mint turbo is mint condition i dont see a point in swapping it out.i could you that money toward upgrading my ecu.iv seen in too sti's wth vf22s and ther low down response isnt the best.and once you boosting the 23 22 feel exactly the same.so i dont see a point in swapping the turbo out,the vf 23 was purposly put on my car for good low down response and good street driveablitly and some people still make good power with thm..

WRXER said:

td05,vf22, vf34 and all others are perfectly fine for street driveability too. ;) They aren't exactly massive turbos, vf22 vs vf23 debate comes down to personal preference.

td05?is that the same as the evo 1-2 standrd turbo?

my mates libero wagon is running a td05h i think and boost/gate isnt till 4200rpm.haha

My point isn't about power more about good value.

All im saying is you can get 90% of what u want with std injectors, ecu, fmic and a boost controller. But for considerably less cost. So if you want a nice street package stop there. Seems to me a G4 Link is overkill.

If someone spends the extra for a new ecu, injectors, tune - you may as well spend a fraction of that on a newer sti turbo which will offer better responce and more power.

sti8u']

[quote name='WRXER said:

td05,vf22, vf34 and all others are perfectly fine for street driveability too. ;) They aren't exactly massive turbos, vf22 vs vf23 debate comes down to personal preference.

/quote]

td05?is that the same as the evo 1-2 standrd turbo?

my mates libero wagon is running a td05h i think and boost/gate isnt till 4200rpm.haha

Tis but also on v1 and v2 wrx's came with the 16g Td05 ;), still got one on my car rebuilt with a 18g compressor wheel. Oh and defintely go with what Qwerty said.

haha awtru yeh i new some earlyr models came with some sort of td0...turbo.in saying that the newer turbos such as vf22 vf23 vf24 vf29 vf30 be a upgrade from the td series turbos?

Hatches had td04 the sedans had td05.. In some ways yes and no, td05's would produce more kw figures then a stock setup could handle also weren't the absolute most responsive like a vf23,24 but were still easily street driveable.

Still very sought after turbos td05s' along with vf22 and also vf34, are the three most sought after.

The likes of Qwerty will be able to discuss the more technical differences, as to put it simply the td05 16g would produce more kw atw then the vf23. Hence why I have a giggle when people upgrade to "sti" turbo's without quite knowing how it all works.

• 2 weeks later...
 nt_a_foz']

Needa update mine with my last tune ...will put me into the top 10 :D

[quote name='Qwerty said:

I tht it might be fun to start the dyno leaderboard again for the the top twenty dyno results.

b]Rules, car has to be still owned and running. [/b]

no fuk off.. you fail :-*