• Raised $0.00

OLD Dyno Leaderboard Top Twenty

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

means the wheels have been changed, cut back on exhaust side and larger compressor wheel.- ported on exhaust side,

It is a big laggy on the dyno - reasons unknown at this stage. On the road tho it doesnt feel that way at all.

I do have aftermarket headers in there which are larger than stock so that is part of the prob to i would guess.

My vf23 before the work was real sad and making fek all power circa less than 200atw..

the highflowing is a Steve Murch term simply

edit: check this out optical... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-263854344.htm a 23 only making 220 at 20psi, looks possibly "highflowed" as well with the larger compressor wheel..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Make : Subaru

Model : Legacy B4 (BE5)

Year: 2000

Name of Dyno : TP dyno APET Dunedin

Date of run : 02/04/2010

dyno run without any airflow through topmount

made 181.8 kw@w, 16.3 PSi

IMG_0424.jpg?t=1270225375

sorry about the quality, will upload a better one once i get a hang of a scanner :D

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure If this question has been covered, or if this is the correct place to pose the question but here goes:

What is the story over inflated Torque figures on dyno graphs?

Some of the graphs show cars making 700+ nm of torque while others with the same power are making 350 - 450nm.

Now my question is that if gain/correction method or what ever they are called on the dyno are adjusted and the result of this are the high torque figures does this mean that the Power figures are also higher than they should be too?

• 1 month later...

Just finished off my V7 sti, got a few minor mods done like the usual fmic kit, exhaust, intake, split fuel rails MSE hybrid vf turbo unequal length headers, also my exhaust is a jasma system with a 2" restriction through the muffler to keep it quiet so i am loosing top end power finially got to getting it tuned and it makes 237.7kw and a crap load of torque on 19psi at about 6000rpm, running about 90% injector duty on sti pink top feeds,

this is a factory motor done 102000km

i will post the dyno sheet once i get a chance to scan it at work

• 2 weeks later...

what turbo u using bro? thats some good gains on the v7 sti setup. based on ur injector duty cycle, how much AF ratio u running?

im hitting 85% max on injectors but running like in the 10's af ration

also going thru the dyno thread i notice many of the graphs have af ration in 11's and some of them even in the 12.5 region on the top end ???

isint that a bit unsafe with imminent set of knock?

on raod cars i wud think 11.5 would be the safe limit given bad batches of petrol could cause issues at 12.5....

maybe if apart from engine even fuel was controlled then 12.5 could be safe... thats just what i think anyway

pappu said:

on raod cars i wud think 11.5 would be the safe limit given bad batches of petrol could cause issues at 12.5....

maybe if apart from engine even fuel was controlled then 12.5 could be safe... thats just what i think anyway

12.5 is perfectly fine.

I personaly adjust afr to the amount of boost running.

around 13.5: up to 4 psi

13:1 up to 7 psi.

12.5:1 up to 14psi

12:1 above that.

Have never had a customers car returned with issues from tuning.

i always go 11.5 after hitting full boost as a proper safety measure.. see some loss in kw but rather play it on the safe side

factory usually stays 11.0/11.1 mostly

how do u get afr to get inline with boost?

the tables are load based from wat i see....or m i missing something 8)