Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

fuel and turbo upgrade 2011

im pretty comfirmed on upgrading the fuel system and turbo on my version 8 sti next year .

Purpose: trying to make this spec c unique from the rest . with what its already got and the following i think it will make my one a lot different compared to a factory one , and also out perform a standard or re-mapped factory ecu STI

Sard 800cc injectors

Sard fuel pressure regulator

Sard spark plugs

HKS turbo (gt2835 twin scroll) *used

Ecutek re-tune (torque performance)

looking at buying all the Sard goods first aimming to have them sometime next month (poor student :( ) just waitting on my tax return.then will take me a wee while for the turbo ,labour for fitting , and re-tune .

was wondering apart from the above what else i might want to do while im at it want to do it once and do it right.

Its not unique a guy with a spec c ra had something similar years ago on CS.

i'd steer clear of the japanese TS turbos - overpriced and under perform.

The sard spark plugs not worth it.

Not unique my friend, all been done before. Listen to Qwertys advice, personally I wouldn't go with the unique road...That always costs alot more then planned, just go down the path others have done as you know it works and it shouldn't cost too much extra getting the niggles/bugs out of the system.

Try something like this, twin turbo supercharged sti ;)

TT-SC-Compound-Sti.jpg

DMSREX said:

If you're set on ECUTEK why not take to WRC Developments in Napier. Heard some pretty good things about them.

He's been told this many times, particularly given they did the original tune, and are one of the best tuners in the world.... but Kev likes to make life difficult for himself.

15...Think that was just for the first week, had tons more random pointless threads that never lead anywhere and he never listens to what is recommended anyhow. All he wants to be able to do is have a subaru that will make every car hoe get naked for. Hence every thread just turns into a awesome flame thread and good entertainment for everyone else.

"gt2835 twwin scroll turbo"

its not twin scroll turbo - its twin entry and will bolt up.

On the car i mentioned it made about 240kw on pump fuel @ 22psi. Spooled well.

Given a vf36 would probably do 230kw+ it seems a poor bang for dollar.

State a real budget and power goal.

In the real world on the road the vf36 would probably be quicker.