Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

4& rotary national north island jamboree

wondering if this is open to anyone ?

The drivers have been invited to Manfield and asked to form teams of 3 drivers. These are regionally based and are either the drivers home town or where they currently reside.

The teams will be seeded from 1 to 8, and each of the team drivers will take part in single car vs car battles each round. It is up to the teams how they chose to seed there drivers, and they will be nominating their team order before each round without knowing what order their opponents have chosen, so there is an element of luck, coupled with a test of pure driving talent.

The winning team will be that which takes 2 out of 3 battles and they move forward towards the City of Origin title, while the losing team drops back into the battles for 5th to 8th places.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• General Member
 Spec C said:

aww lol :-[ thought it could be or thought it might not be for just anyone haha. does sound fun though if it was track like i thought it was.

tony do you know the ones i could enter ? the time attack one ?

READ!!! Do a little research if you want to enter.

Spec C said:

aww lol :-[ thought it could be or thought it might not be for just anyone haha. does sound fun though if it was track like i thought it was.

yep, you can enter the time attack.

Some info here:

url]http://www.4androtary.co.nz/north-island-jamboree/track-racing-information/track-racing-information/[/url]

and regs here:

http://www.4androtary.co.nz/north-island-jamboree/competitor/superlap-regulations/

I may be blind, but I cant seem to find an entry form on that site anywhere yet? Will check with the organisers and see whats up with that and post back when I get more info...

Tony']

yep, you can enter the time attack.

Some info here:

http://www.4androtary.co.nz/north-island-jamboree/track-racing-information/track-racing-information/

and regs here:

http://www.4androtary.co.nz/north-island-jamboree/competitor/superlap-regulations/

I may be blind, but I cant seem to find an entry form on that site anywhere yet? Will check with the organisers and see whats up with that and post back when I get more info...

[quote name='Spec C said:

yeah i just want to make sure , enter and get it sorted if i really want to do it got plenty of time if i get onto it now

Quoted

Spec C said:

Tony : yea i did have a good read on both of them but umm doent not say wear to pay and how much total ,sounds a bit more stricked than a playday , will also have to get me a fire Extinguishers , and see if i can find me a nice pair of overalls , haveing my own set will be easier and also incourage future playdays for me to attend

Price has not been confirmed yet as we are still waiting to see if we will have AMB timing for the event - if so, the price will be slightly more than usual to pay for transponder hire. As soon as I know the price, and more details I will make a new thread about the Superlap event.

I did speak to one of the guys today who told me that the entry form is supposed to be up on the site, but I think I may have something wrong with my computer as I cant see a certain part of the site, so am guessing the entry form is in that part.

Yes it is a little bit more strict than a playday as it is run under MSNZ rules, and we will have a proper scrutineering, but dont let this turn you away, the scrutineering is for your own safety.

But I will chuck up more info once I get it...

Spec C said:

cheers man . is there any particular place in the car you need to mount the fire Extinguisher??? do you know where a good place to buy one?. i know supercheap auto sells them just thinking is that all you need.

Just make sure the one you buy has a METAL mounting bracket, plastic brackets are not accepted under MSNZ rules. Pretty sure the ones Supercheap sell have metal brackets - just check them out before you jump in and buy though. Otherwise try Mitre 10 Mega as they used to have decent metal bracket extinguishers for a reasonable price.

Extyinguisher needs to be mounted within easy reach of the driver, so most usually put it on the passenger footwell in front of the seat. Easiest way is to mount it straight through the floor - the bracket must be bolted (not screwed) using M6 bolts and panel washers on the other side.

If you dont really want to drill holes in your car, you can buy an extinguisher mounting bracket which bolts between the passenger seat mounting bolts and then you just bolt your extinguisher to that - makes for a tidy install. You would have to call up Maclennans Performance in Wellington to sort one of them out...

see here:

http://www.mapc.co.nz/macbilt-fire-extinquisher-bracket-for-subarus.html

Other than a helmet and some cotton overalls, thats about all you will need for the day.

Yep, all you need to do is buy that bracket from Maclennans, get your fire extinguisher, and then bolt the fire extinguisher (metal) bracket to the mounting bracket (you got from Maclennnans). Once thats all bolted on, remove your 2 front passenger seat mounting bolts, and bolt the complete extingisher + bracket to the front of the seat mount and you're done :) Easy as.

Spec C said:

all right il give that a ago . and just wondering do you get much track time ? it does say from 9-12 or something like that ? but doesnt mean you get 3 hours non stop.

wantting alot of track time missed out on the last playday would have been good since not many people like you said registered .

At an event like this you wont get a tonne of track time as the organisers are wanting to push things through and provide a decent show for the masses coming to watch - and lets face it, the masses would much rather see drift cars out on the track doin their thing than cars just driving around, but you will get still a decent amount of time for what you are paying (entry will be around $70 from memory).

Going by last year, you will get 2, maybe 3 warm up/test sessions of 15-20 minutes, then 2 timed "superlap" runs.

Considering I pay $275 for 1 qualifying and 3 races at a national race meeting, the amount of track time you get is fair for what you are paying!!

If you want a lot of track time, then Playdays are the way to go, no 2 ways about it. This event is being run as a motorsport New Zealand "single car sprint" competition so you cant expect it to be open track as everyone needs to get their turn.

Well ya cant have everything, its not like the old days when open trackdays were run every month - you basically have to check when events are happening and actually make an effort to get out there or miss out.

Road & Track series starts in April - cheaper than a Playday and (depending on numbers) you can get nearly as much track time.

We are actually pretty lucky in our area with how much track time is actually available.

Spec C said:

i wanted bit more time than that :-\ , but dont know when the next playday is . to long to wait or could come to mega meet and have a turn at Taupo ;D .

any idea of next playday ? had a look and think it said $80+ gst + msnz fee ???

isnt that your car on trademe?

Spec C']

yeah we are lucky considering how close manfeild is haha. do you know how much it is in total for this event ???

No not yet, still waiting to hear if we will have AMB timing for it, so the final price has not yet been confirmed. As soon as I know I will post up.

[quote name='xecuta said:

is this organised by speedtech and redline? you can call and ask them?

Nah not run by those guys San, overall the whole event is run by 4 & Rotary Promotions and Motorsport Manawatu are helping to run the Superlap/track stuff for them