Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BE CAREFULL!!!

I know people get complacent with the car security at times, so here is a tale which woke me up and reminded me to be vigilant at all times.

On friday night at about 715 my partner and I went to KFC in kilbirnie (first mistake lol), we went through the drive through, got our meals, as i headed down the road we noticed 1 large chips were missing, so i turned around and headed back in to the KFC, i parked up and with my partner in the car, i jumped out and left it running, i went inside to get my large chips.

As she was waiting in the car, a guy opened the door looked at her for a good 5-6 seconds before apologising and saying "oops sorry, wrong car bro". She noted he got into a silver legacy sedan parked about 20meters away. There were no other cars running in the lot i had parked in so it was impossible for him to think that it was actually his car. I got back to the locked car and a very anxious GF.

We left and the guy pulled in behind us, i noticed the car had no number plate, which was a bit strange but i let it go, he tailgated me so much i could barely see his headlights. At which point i brake checked him several times and he roared past me, with no licence plate on the rear as well, i gave the Kilbirnie police station a call wehn i got home to report it and let them know what had happened and about the car with no plates.

Found out today that the legacy was stolen, and that mine would have been if not for whatever reason the scumbag decided not too. I also asked that if they see anyone suspicious in my car to please pull it over, whether or not they do is another story.

Just a reminder to stay carefull no matter where you are or how quick you think you will be.

Stay classy planet earth.

Guest loren

I always take the keys with me even if the family are in the car... not so worried if the dog is in there though. 55KG ridgebacks take no shit (or

prisoners) :)

• General Member

I always thought I would hear my car if it was going to be nicked from my house - imagine my surprise when Sc00byd00 managed to sneak his car out at 7am without waking me - scary!

pushed?

Sure it wasnt pushed out??? When i went to akl recently i left for aiport at 5am and pushed the car to the edge of the road before starting up lol.

Im such a considerate neighbour!!!

Good story Jam, talk about a stroke of luck. BLOODY CLOSE CALL!

What a scumbag. I hope the catch him and give him the skinning-alive that he deserves.

My keys stay in my pocket when I'm not driving, and the doors are unlocked only to get in and out of the vehicle. You get pretty paranoid after it's gone AWOL once :(

I imagine you're both a bit shaken after that to say the least, eh :(

• General Member
 JoKer']

I always thought I would hear my car if it was going to be nicked from my house - imagine my surprise when Sc00byd00 managed to sneak his car out at 7am without waking me - scary!

[quote name='Rossmnz said:

pushed?

Sure it wasnt pushed out??? When i went to akl recently i left for aiport at 5am and pushed the car to the edge of the road before starting up lol.

Im such a considerate neighbour!!!

if that was for me, no I doubt it - but I sleep on other side of house to driveway *shrugs*

Guest loren
 Drunkenmonkey']

[quote name='loren said:

I always take the keys with me even if the family are in the car... not so worried if the dog is in there though.b] 55KG ridgebacks take no shit [/b] (or

prisoners) :)

i agree we're on ur second one and they dnt take any shit from anyone!

yeah this is our second one too... actually first one was a huntaway cross, he had an awesome ridge with the longer hair, and not so

stable in the temper department as the current one which is a pedigree, but still a definate ridgeback personality :)

• General Member

I used to have a Rotweiler German sheppard cross that went everywhere with me, best security system I ever had lol.

Lucky escape with the car dude, and not a nice experience for your partner, she was quite lucky by the sounds of it. The abstard must have had a second of conscience.

Hopefully his next moment of no conscience sees him hit by a truck.

QIK_KAS said:

Your poor gf that would be very f'n scary!! I'm glad that the scumbag thought twice about it and no harm came to her or your car.

^ I second that...

yeh, i always get the mumsy with bubs to lock doors when i have to pop in to places quickly, only because of the news about cars being hijacked with kids still inside.. glad your all safe...