Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Having your cake and eating it as well...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam man,itold you on dyno day these guys wuld give us s***.

who cares about all that crap anyway.it comes down to what number it can pull on the dyno he made 200kw on standard ecu whch alot of you guys told me i couldnt do.brad proved to show you can get 200kw with a vf23 sti ecu.

my car stiil ran 154kw on 7psi.what would i get if i was running 17psi?id say around 190ish kw.

some of use guys are stiil young and learing and having people that are always 100% negative all the time and saying you wont make over 190kw on standard ecu shuld lkeep there mouth closed and be positive about it .isnt that what this site is about?

Seriously sti8u, there is no need to get wound up. There is a lot of good information in this thread from people who clearly know a lot about the subject. The young (and old!) guys who are still learning can get hung up on dyno numbers without actually understanding how they come about, or they can choose to learn.

im not,just seems like the older genaration of you guys think you knw it all.when i first joind here i said i wana be able to get 200kw out of my standard sti.a alot of people said no u need a link yu need this and that.now when some one gets it and proves them wrong theres still arguments about it.

iv read the thread and yeh there is good info.but im saying alot of guys said yu cant get 200kw even with a vf23 .well he proved them wrong and i want them to reconise it :)

its allgood its friday.have some beers ;D

Sti8u.. Thats fine if you want 200kw.. Go hard getting. We've mostly all got the bug.

We aren't pulling you down at all. You've missed the point qwerty was making all along. He was just trying to point out,without a personal attack, that a more laggy 240kw can be slower than a more perkie say 200kw because its giving so much more through the midrange... So its actually faster in a straight line.

pappu said:

anyway, hmm who can calculate what cfm its doing at 16.2 psi at 8krpm tho?

perhaps its within vf23..lol i dunno as not sure how to calculate that figure eh.

In doing that calculation you have to know what your volumetric efficiency would be - and at 8000rpm on a stock sti it would not be so good.

If VE is poor it would be possible but your not making much power so its all abit pointless.

As long as boost is pretty constant you can use the torque curve on your dyno plot as a proxy for VE.

WRXONP said:

Ah yes so the cheap 20Gs around 700 to 900 would be crap ?

Best to find someone who has used them for an opinion or ask around some tuning shops.

sti8u said:

but im saying alot of guys said yu cant get 200kw even with a vf23 .well he proved them wrong and i want them to reconise it :)

I don't know if your talking about me or not.

I know of at least 2 other cars that have made 200kw on the std ECU and a vf23.

Mindu they did have internal wastegates ;)

I'd also say that not all cars are the same - some make good power some don't

WRXONP said:

well whats your guys pick of the bunch?? im wanting probably around 250 kw at the wheels... a vf23 cant do that... whats my best option for drivability for a daily.....

You can get very close with a vf30 / 34 vf22 if is everything is working well. Into the 240kw range.

If thats close enough the first two would have better responce.

Td05 20g should be in the 250kw range as well - some of them don't seem to spool as well as the VF's tho.

Qwerty']

but im saying alot of guys said yu cant get 200kw even with a vf23 .well he proved them wrong and i want them to reconise it :)

I don't know if your talking about me or not.

I know of at least 2 other cars that have made 200kw on the std ECU and a vf23.

Mindu they did have internal wastegates ;)

I'd also say that not all cars are the same - some make good power some don't

well all that is if 2 cars have the exact ssame mods.same ecu etc...and one pulls more then its because one has blow bye / loosing compression yeah??

[quote name='WRXONP said:

well whats your guys pick of the bunch?? im wanting probably around 250 kw at the wheels... a vf23 cant do that... whats my best option for drivability for a daily.....

/quote]

You can get very close with a vf30 / 34 vf22 if is everything is working well. Into the 240kw range.

If thats close enough the first two would have better responce.

Td05 20g should be in the 250kw range as well - some of them don't seem to spool as well as the VF's tho.

might just have to get me a VF22 LOL

well all that is if 2 cars have the exact ssame mods.same ecu etc...and one pulls more then its because one has blow bye / loosing compression yeah??

yes

All cars made are not built to the same exact spec - so there are "good" and "bad" ones from the factory.

Maybe + / - 5%

Subaru have been know to make some cars with the wrong parts lol

Qwerty said:

yes

All cars made are not built to the same exact spec - so there are "good" and "bad" ones from the factory.

Maybe + / - 5%

Subaru have been know to make some cars with the wrong parts lol

LOL that makes subaru sound ORSOME haha... what parts do they switch up for wrong ones?

I haven't seen all of this thread, but when I single turbo'd my legacy with factory pretty much everything (STi ECU, yellow injectors, tuned headers, 3" exhaust, VF22), I made 197kw. I'd say it wouldn't be hard at all to get 200kw from a factory VF22 / VF30.

I'll need to find the dyno plot if anyone cares.

Qwerty do u know wat sorta boost is required on a 2.0 litter with the vf22 to get to the 240kww region

Wat sort of rpm will it be hitting that power range

I was reading earlier in the thread where u had mentioned some cfm and also it had been suggested 18 or so psi be the max to run vf turbos.

Dos that mean vf22 can hit that power band with that sorta boost

Not wanting to create any confusion lol

Only asking so can clarify my understanding on the vf22

Above questions based on supporting mods done of course

pappu said:

Qwerty do u know wat sorta boost is required on a 2.0 litter with the vf22 to get to the 240kww region

I was reading earlier in the thread where u had mentioned some cfm and also it had been suggested 18 or so psi be the max to run vf turbos.

Dos that mean vf22 can hit that power band with that sorta boost

Not wanting to create any confusion lol

Only asking so can clarify my understanding on the vf22

Above questions based on supporting mods done of course

Close to 240 anyway.

ChrisDyno.jpg

I don't have my spreadsheet in front of me atm - but a quick guess 20psi @ 6000 rpm would be enough.

Given the difference between rolling road dynos and dynapaks - comparisons between them are difficult to make.

Some say they read higher some say they don't !

So if 20 psi held til 6.5krpm then drop it down to say 15 after that for safety

and with proper af ratios tuned - 11.4-11.7

Vf22 could approach 240kww region

Have I sumrised that correctly and safety is also maintained

Assuming other supporting mods done

????

Yes???

Also wat size injectors - 565cc Sti pink ones be enough?

Wat does the theory on this say

I know sr20 det motors do 250kww with 550cc ones