• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

UPGRADING SIDE FEED INJECTORS

B4 2000

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are the ones ;D ;D ;D am sooo happy with them never looked back bro get these dont do what i did i went from yellow de caped when i was still at 240kw then i changed set up and went to top feed and pinkeys and they stopped me at 330kw then i went and got these and now 425kw and they still not maxed yet

but to be fair to the pinkeys they would have ran heaps more if i changed to the fuel type that am using now

R8TD_R said:

those are the ones ;D ;D ;D am sooo happy with them never looked back bro get these dont do what i did i went from yellow de caped when i was still at 240kw then i changed set up and went to top feed and pinkeys and they stopped me at 330kw then i went and got these and now 425kw and they still not maxed yet

but to be fair to the pinkeys they would have ran heaps more if i changed to the fuel type that am using now

Thanks bro, it's good to know what other ppl have experienced with different stuff. Ya I'm leaning towards getting the Bosch but I'll probably need to get a customed fuel rails to make them work.

R8TD_R said:

Because am running B4 heads I went down to STA and got one of these aftermarket intake manifolds and they also had a very nice fuel rails and now i run top feed ;D ;D easy ;) ;)

I'm running V4 engine (EJ20K), ya was told to give STA a call as they have rails to make this work.

Will keep you posted how things go.

Hey Hi Abdul, Have you found anyone in the 03 who will make you some custom top feed setup's, If i go to a Link ecu i'll be also going to top feed 'RC' injectors, but i would like to keep my inlet manifolds instead of the aftermarket one's- they dont make the older type like how i would like,, Jason leifting's old super GT had a cool inlet manifold, they/someone should make more like that. :)

CUDDAS said:

Hey Hi Abdul, Have you found anyone in the 03 who will make you some custom top feed setup's, If i go to a Link ecu i'll be also going to top feed 'RC' injectors, but i would like to keep my inlet manifolds instead of the aftermarket one's- they dont make the older type like how i would like,, Jason leifting's old super GT had a cool inlet manifold, they/someone should make more like that. :)

yep, STA sell them for $168 but it's not in an 03

http://www4.eaccounts.co.nz/eOrder_v1.asp?sListRecnum=25158

I would reccomend ID1000cc (900cc on pump gas) over any injector of simlar size.

They run and idle perfect at low duty cycle yet can flow enough for over 350kw on a turboed F20C on E85 fuel, Though base fuel pressure was around 55psi as injectors were getting near there limits.

Sard sidefeeds or anything else is proven, but is old style technology it seems these days, and from my memory Sard has stopped producing side feed injectors now. so once the last ones are sold there is no more.

Decapped injectors They work alright for a cheep modification. if they flow more then 550cc you need to run a V spray cap to get good atomisation at low load and RPM, under RPM and boost its not an issue, but say at 1500rpm you may notice heasitation.

so the desision is really up to you as there is no real right or wrong option.

I do agree that Suby owners are slow to do somthing with the ECU tune, as there is alot of power, fuel econamy and relabilty to be had with tuning stock or aftermarket ECUs

GETLOW said:

I would reccomend ID1000cc (900cc on pump gas) over any injector of simlar size.

They run and idle perfect at low duty cycle yet can flow enough for over 350kw on a turboed F20C on E85 fuel, Though base fuel pressure was around 55psi as injectors were getting near there limits.

Sard sidefeeds or anything else is proven, but is old style technology it seems these days, and from my memory Sard has stopped producing side feed injectors now. so once the last ones are sold there is no more.

Decapped injectors They work alright for a cheep modification. if they flow more then 550cc you need to run a V spray cap to get good atomisation at low load and RPM, under RPM and boost its not an issue, but say at 1500rpm you may notice heasitation.

so the desision is really up to you as there is no real right or wrong option.

I do agree that Suby owners are slow to do somthing with the ECU tune, as there is alot of power, fuel econamy and relabilty to be had with tuning stock or aftermarket ECUs

thanks. ya these are the ones im leaning towards (bosch/injector dynamics, they are the same).

so made my mind in getting them but now to make up my mind on what size!! 750cc or 1000cc??

CP93MM said:

Simple power upgrades for any turboed fuel injected car= fuel pressure and fuel flow,plug and play's (ecu upgrades), bigger turbo, bigger throttle body and intake plus freeflow exhaust etc......lol its still about 4k worth tho!.....so starting at your injectors are good but support that with the above if you already havnt and your away to the 300kw mark......anything more than 300kw from these upgrades id recomend you go fordged block internals and race bearings etc, but thats another 4k.

We all know that the 300kw+ mark is a whole new ball game...

im running the bosch 750cc top feeds but have yet to start my car haha, they were the best pick that my tuners and i had picked from from a large line up....good luck with your upgrades

everything is done the right way, so much went into this build (don't really wanna talk $$$$)

jearsey shore is sh1t, Koom-thank's for the TM link i'll look into those, BUT shame about the purple colour it's a bit GAY looking, hopefully that can be changed.... Dunno why you'd want purple or pink that's not tough or sorted looking aye, must be made 'bi' metro's who like kocktails :P

B4 2000']

[quote name='pappu said:

top feed sti pinks 565 (decap to 800) with rails

$250

what abt them?

/quote]

Yes thought bout that, but how reliable are deccapped injectors???

Also, what do I need to go from side feed to top feed? Rails only??

DTech motorsport "recap" them i think is how they do it with bigger caps and they flow 800cc+ they use them on alot of their race cars etc so no problems all spray tested etc

B4 2000']

[quote name='R8TD_R said:

Because am running B4 heads I went down to STA and got one of these aftermarket intake manifolds and they also had a very nice fuel rails and now i run top feed ;D ;D easy ;) ;)

/quote]

I'm running V4 engine (EJ20K), ya was told to give STA a call as they have rails to make this work.

Will keep you posted how things go.

Not sure what your talking about buying from STA Parts but their quality of parts of late has been crap and i wouldnt be buying anyhting that your relieing on keeping your motor running especially fuelling.

CP93MM']

[quote name='funkytown said:

Offtopic: Wait... Your saying you'd go for 300kw on a factory motor? Seriously dreaming if you believe that. To take a page from jersey shore..... GRENADE ALERT.

/quote]ive read plenty of times people getting 270+ from a standard block without fordged interals, but with lots of a/m goddies, did i mention above that they would last tho? haha so nope im not dreaming, its way possible that a standard block would do that

if you get down to the basics right - a short block (ignoring CC rating) is 'dumb', itl make pretty much the same power forged or not. factory heads stand up to a much more of a beating (longevity wise) than short blocks do which really is my point.

Sure you can wind a factory shortblock up to 300kw for a nanosecond and it was asssplode everywhere. For some one of your knowledge and background its a poor comment and misleading on your part.

When i talk about a motor making up to 300kw - i mean i want to drive it off the dyno - like any paying customer would. If that wasnt the case I'd ask why you yourself have forged your motor? It would make 300kw in factory format no? no i think not.

i do beleive later model factory (v7 ej207) onwards do take more power than earlier ones reliably, but not to 300wkw, 240-50kwkw is about their peak (reliably speaking)

errrr well to a point.....Whats his name from up north has been running his EJ257 with V3 Sti heads and has had numerous turbo setups over 3 years and last i saw was pushing 360kw....Has had ALOT of tuning htough as he road tunes himself and spent alot of time on it...

However being pushed on the track day after day would be a differnt story.

RAC?

yea i wud rather have bit ledd kw but not have a grenade engine lol

i know v7 sti engines have pushed 240 and run ok

maybe a bit more but yea past 250 i wud think its better to bulletproof the engine first

funkytown']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

b]However being pushed on the track day after day would be a differnt story.[/b]

really brad??? ;)

::) my motor was fine more underlying problems than the power...well know one really knows but it should have been fine.

Just after some info...

Are these nice big HP numbers on standard internals ie:

Are these OEM standard internals? (with or without rebuild/refresh)

Or aftermarket OEM spec parts?

or OEM parts which have been Prepped for high HP output?

There are some big differences in the above list.