Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

aftermarket MAP sensors

ok was talking to someone today about a particular car, not naming anyone but it just made 240kw from a reflash

well anyway was told that the ver8 STI MAP sensors cant read over 20psi.... this made me think cause i want to run 1.5Bar ( just over 22psi) all day everyday after refreshing...

am wondering if its possible to run an aftermarket MAP sensor such as a Link ones?

if its a factory ecu im pretty sure when the map reaches the end of the scale thats when the ecu initiates fuel cut.... if its a link ecu the tuner will see the map reaching its limits when tuning it surely???

dacerx said:

arent u running a link anyway? and dont u have like a v4/5? just got a 4 bar map sensor from link 200 bucks u know if ur getting that storm and all? i doubt u are getting up to 44psi?

no im running a Ver8 STI ECU

Optical said:

v3 -6 sti map sensors are 1.7 bar max. so you could use one of those to be cheap

i wonder why Subaru went backward? i was told that they have the MAP sensor on the manifold now... no wonder i could find it next to the Boost solenoid

thanks for that bro

might depend on how customisable the ecu is with open source tuning software. im not sure whether you could configure a new map sensor with it or not. otherwise yes you're stuck with max 1.5bar the v8 sensor reads

and yeah it's by the throttle body and bolts straight into the manifold

dont know? but i do know that they now and then peaked at 22psi without EBC... i know that simon's v7 spec c runs 1.5bar all day everyday on his reflash... im sure its the same ones in the ver8sti?

bring on link G4! hahhaha

Qwerty said:

Are u sure its not the MAF (mass airflow) / AFM they are talking about not MAP...

its the MAF... the factory MAF is also too small... i had my replaced with a 3" Trust one... and will get my mate to machine it down for me taken off another mm or two?

but would like to know about the MAP sensor also... just wanting to know what its rated at and if it can be replaced

yeah something like that... its more like the rods wont handle more then 240kw something like that? but i only heard from a mate of a mate from another mate of his LOL

Its version 9, 10, 11 STI that have the 3bar absolute sensors. If you have a link there are many cheap alternatives available if you are clever, i run a 15$US 4 Bar map sensor (44psi) with my link :P

Optical said:

note that defi boost gauges tend to read about 0.1 to 0.2bar too high

damn i knew it there was something wrong with the Defi guage