Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Potential V7 STi engine into a V2

deathz0r

As per title I'm thinking about doing the above - and on a budget!

I can get my hands on a V7 STi ECU and potentially the loom (lets just say I have it). What would be my cheapest option of getting this up and running?

People say the wiring would be a nightmare and others say just fork out for a Link (or other standalone) - but of course thats friggin' expensive.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

If you've got the ecu, loom and complete (full) motor with all sensors. Just change the whole loom over and drop the motor in.

Does your current ECU sit near steering colum? If so make sure you have room in the passenger foot rest for the new ecu.

Ver 7 ecu can be reflashed, so negates the need to fork out for a Link.

The wiring isn't that bad once you take out both front guards, and the dash assembly. The only issue would be the airbags - as your car doesn't have them.

Are you doing the whole dash and interior too?

Yeah I'll prob do a write up. And yes, I think I'll get San to do it - seeming he's done something similar not long ago.

Jason - no, no airbags or any interior stuff, literally just the engine to be all wired up etc.

And yeah, may of been semi bad form but when I guess the sale of the motor lingers on it... Hmm. I'm sorry but yeah, sucks. I know you were thinking of running a link - this should be an easier option for wiring anyway.

Link is over rated.. and yes i have the full setup in my but not ver7sti but a customized ver8 sti engine

wiring.... easy as piss... i should have all my notes somewhere... wiring will take about 20-40 hours to do... but time flies when we having fun...

i would love to give this another go at it... im not expensive so dont worry too much what im going to charge

i got a ver4 not 5.. if i had a 5 it would be a lot easier to do the wiring

i'll talk to you later when you are ready to go... i need you to get and print out the pin out for you ver2 ecu and ver7 ecu

be good if you do a write up on it.. ive done a small write up on but on another forum

some useful info i gathered when i was doing my wiring

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/t141937-brydon-teaches-you-merge-harness.html <<< give this a quick read, and print it out

Description - WRX pin location -

VSS B134/1 -

Starter Switch B134/16 -

A/C Switch B134/2 -

Ignition Switch B134/5 -

Neutral Position B134/8 -

Test mode connector B134/14 -

Back-up Power B137/10 -

Control Power B137/2 -

Control Power B137/3 -

Sensor Power Supply B135/9 –

Ground (Power Supply) B136/17 -

Ground (Control System) (B134/7&15) –

Self Shutoff Control B134/6 -

Line End Check 1 B134/10 – (Doesn’t exist so you need to Repin the OBDII connector or try switching to a 2002+ OBDII connector.) B84/91 Leads to the OBDII connector but is in the B40/5 needs to be in the B40/6 position

Line End Check B134/20 – (Doesn’t exist on so you need to Repin the OBDII connector or try switching to a 2002+ OBDII connector.) B84/92 Leads to the OBDII connector but is in the B40/4 needs to be in the B40/8 position

A/C relay B137/27 -

Fan1 Relay B137/17 -

Fan2 Relay B137/28 -

CEL light B137/15 -

Tach B136/9 -

fuel tank pressure sensor B135/15 -

Fuel tank pressure solenoid B137/22 B84/10

Drain valve B137/11 -

Fuel level sensor B135/25 -

Fuel temp sensor B135/6 -

Small light B134/17-

Blower fan switch B134/9 -

Rear defogger Switch B134/3 -

SSM/GST Communication line B134/21 –

Not complete still need powers and grounds and randoms*

Addition Wiring on the WRX harness:

OBDII Connector Pin4 B135/11 (G/W) - Not Used for the WRX but see note above for swapping.

OBDII Connector Pin5 B135/12 (Lg/R) - Not Used for the WRX but see note above for swapping.

Fuel Pump Relay Control B84/32 – T’ed to ground (This makes the relay on when the key is on.)

W/G RS >>>Water temp>>> W/G WRX to dash gauge

G/W or G/B RS>>>>Oil pressure >>>G/W WRX to dash light.

Addition Wiring on the 2002 WRX harness:

Injectors/Ignition needs switched 12volt Power

2002 WRX Fuel Pump Controller

R122/1 (B) - To the ground leading to the fuel pump (B)

R122/2 (V/W) - Wired directly to the ECU

R122/3 (B/Y) - Wired to the 12Volt power leading to the fuel pump (B/R)

R122/4 (B/W) - Wired to negative side of fuel pump (B)

R122/5 (Lg/R) - Wired directly to the ECU

R122/6 (B/Or) - To positive side of fuel pump (B/R)