Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Chinese TD05 20G Whats your opinion ?

Hey all what do you guys think of these turbos, I meet a Subaru mechanic today and he has one on his sti v7 and has put 4 on customers cars and reckons they are sweet as and they are great value for the price and will give me more punch than my vf30 ?? I know they are chinese but what isnt these days lol

Also what would my vf30 be worth realisticly ??

It'll work, and you'll make more power, and you'll save a lot of money over a branded one. Until it blows up. Then the opposite will apply. I've heard lots and lots of horror stories, but I'm sure there are people out there who have bought them who haven't run into problems.

If you've got the extra to spend, I'd buy from a reputable source. The extra money will be worth the peace of mind.

Scoobydoo']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

i dont think hes putting it on a 2001+ car so no re-flash?

/quote]

Well his avatar has a 01+ car in it, and he says VF30, which came on the V7 STi's.. so I'll stand by my original comment.

my mistake . just saw mechanic has v7 ;D im going to hide

Sorry guys have the basics already with reflash, walbro, 3 inch turbo back, gizzmo msibc boost controller and k/n panel filter( got told to by the same mechanic to change to paper ones ).Car drives very well but was wanting more top end power, maybe a better ebc is required to hold boost better but have been told that the vf30 starts to run out of puff and will only push hot air after 6500rpm even it did hold with say a hks evc4. Maybe a shot of nitrous will do the trick lol ( dream world )

• Admin

I would say it's going to cost a whole lot more when it shits itself and your engine sucks pieces of the impeller through the motor and scores the bore.

And it will shit itself, if you're worried about more boost over 6500rpm I'm going to say you're either doing track work, so it will shit itself, or you're thrashing it, so it will shit itself.

GregNZ101 said:

get a hold of Steve Murch, and get him to build you something. Not to dissimilar in the price, and you know its done right. Olny down side is it might take a while

like gregnz101 said see steve murch, he's the turbo guru or if you can try email him and ask your question.

my mates forester runs a vf30 which has a few other mods.. link, 044, etc but still running 440cc injectors it puts out 240kw@wheels running 19psi.. but thats about all itll do as vf30 ran out of puff.. the td05 20g will be ok depending on how much boost u run threw it.. a td05 20g will out flow a vf30.. but yr better option would be getting a garrett td05h then getting it up graded aka bigger exhaust side.. last i checked was about 800bucks to do that.. so bang for your buck the vf30s pprobly yr best option..

rskikn said:

my mates forester runs a vf30 which has a few other mods.. link, 044, etc but still running 440cc injectors it puts out 240kw@wheels running 19psi.. but thats about all itll do as vf30 ran out of puff.. the td05 20g will be ok depending on how much boost u run threw it.. a td05 20g will out flow a vf30.. but yr better option would be getting a garrett td05h then getting it up graded aka bigger exhaust side.. last i checked was about 800bucks to do that.. so bang for your buck the vf30s pprobly yr best option..

hey man have you got a garage thread?culdnt find one from you

ROYALS STI said:

Thanks guys I will give steve murch a call then and stay clear of the chinese junk. My cars hits 1.5 bar and drops to 1.1 at 7500rpm

i think he also does a custom vf30 upgrade as well.. the chinese junks not that bad its the internals that crap out.. steve does mean tdo5 and to4e upgrades.. the trouble is hes a busy man lol.. yr gonna be waiting a while..

sti8u']

[quote name='rskikn said:

/quote]

hey man have you got a garage thread?culdnt find one from you

wats a garage thread??

sti8u said:

what it easy man!alg thoe.ur rs looks sik from what i can see.

neway sorry for the hijack!

no worries man.. im still tryin ta get to one o these club meets so i can meet sum people.. cant go wrong hanging out with other suby drivers..

rskikn said:

does he run a fuel pressure reg with upped pressure?

thats bloody good output for the setup

must be one quick foz!!!! ;D