Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Straight Bolt On Turbos

Hey i have a TDO5H turbo on my sti. just wondering if there is any straight bolt on upgrades that would be benificial? cheers

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing factory spec bro

Best to get a td06 or similar that's Subaru flanged if u want way more power

The vf22 is only one similar flow wise and not really worth spending on as far as changing goes

I have a td05 with the bigger 18g compressor wheel for sale, would need a 3" intake tho so not completely bolt on.

pappu said:

Nothing factory spec bro

Best to get a td06 or similar that's Subaru flanged if u want way more power

The vf22 is only one similar flow wise and not really worth spending on as far as changing goes

Td06 on a 2.0 is a waste of time, will take so long to spool that the td05 will make for a faster car on the street. There are bolt on garrett turbos available overseas tho or just upgrading the td05 like my one.

Yea it will - vf23

Hmm but I Wud not consider it to have more top end than ur td05

May spool bit better but not so much to go thru the effort of swapping

Unless ur one is rooted then ya

Abt the td06

Not that bad if u Want good top end tho

It's slower a bit off the line but very quickly catches on

On rolling starts it nails the vf turbos

One member recently installed a td06 and was telling mr how it's hitting boost at 4000 which is not bat at all

Lol similar to vf22 anyway and way more top end

I will hopefully see his car and can confirm but he is fairly strait abt that kinda info so believe him

Anyway what is ur reason to upgrade cos if it's more response then go a vf23 or something like

But if u want more power then spend once and do it right

Td06 or even td05 20g be the go

The 18g above is a upgrade as well

Also depends on budgets too eh

vf23 is a fantastic turbo if you like to drive your car. anything bigger unless you have the supporting setup for it (i.e, bigger injectors, tunable ecu, fuel pump, front mount etc etc), is just wank factor really, and probably won't make any more power than the vf23.

i made 210kw at 16/17psi on a properly setup vf23, which is more than people with bigger turbos that haven't got the supporting mods make.

rex-leggy']

[quote name='gotasuby said:

I wouldn't say waste of time. I get full boost by 4300 on a td06.

/quote]

and take my word for it his car hauls ass!!!!! i would love a tdo6 :)

Out of interest what mods u got for ur td06 bro

people that find turbos lack responce for a set size like the tdo5/6 is normaly due to others things in the setup that havent been done correctly, most 20g/tdo5 ive done make full boost before 3500 but hay dont take my word on it im sure theres plenty of key board pros on here that dont do this for a living know way more than me......boy could i add to that.

As of the first of this month garrett will no longer supply repair parts for any GT turbos 35r and down and that covers bearings seals housing comp wheels etc etc, if you damge anything even slightly youll be buying new.( dont believe ring up Alltech diesel and see what they say) they are the nz garrett agent.

Might pay to keep this in mind even if you buy from overseas it still applies and if you want a the new EPR borgwarner the same applies enjoy.

For the record i cant keep up with suppling tdo6/5 combos but again dont take my word for ask my accountant :P and im not after more work thanks

pappu']

/quote]

i dont know all details .... but top feed conversion, injectors,tdo6(twisted i think) and a link .

he knows what hes doing when it comes to tuning :)

vorigan said:

people that find turbos lack responce for a set size like the tdo5/6 is normaly due to others things in the setup that havent been done correctly, most 20g/tdo5 ive done make full boost before 3500 but hay dont take my word on it im sure theres plenty of key board pros on here that dont do this for a living know way more than me......boy could i add to that.

As of the first of this month garrett will no longer supply repair parts for any GT turbos 35r and down and that covers bearings seals housing comp wheels etc etc, if you damge anything even slightly youll be buying new.( dont believe ring up Alltech diesel and see what they say) they are the nz garrett agent.

Might pay to keep this in mind even if you buy from overseas it still applies and if you want a the new EPR borgwarner the same applies enjoy.

For the record i cant keep up with suppling tdo6/5 combos but again dont take my word for ask my accountant :P and im not after more work thanks

yes but your td05/6's are a bit different in both performance and cost to a std td05 or chinese td06. i know you can't keep up with demand, but i hope you find the time to do my one for capper. i'll be sending you a donor soon!

rex-leggy']

/quote]

i dont know all details .... but top feed conversion, injectors,tdo6(twisted i think) and a link .

he knows what hes doing when it comes to tuning :)

I've got v4 sti heads. Td06. V7 decap injectors. Twisted. Front mount. 3" exhaust. Running at 25psi all day every day on 95 or 98 depending on where my switch is on my g4

no, yellows on a safe tune on a proper dyno won't get any where near 240kw even though i've seen many claim it. that was with 800cc albeit with plenty of head room.

the yellows are maxed (95% duty) on the vf23 at 210kw

i didn't view it as a downgrade (downsize yes). less power but 1000rpm quicker spool. that turbo was too big for my motor. it really needed 22psi+ and better heads on a forged sb and it would be a rocket 300kw