Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

my car on google Internet pricacy discussion

i have just finished doing some google searches and came across a foto of my car on google?whats up with that.does cs alow our pics to be posted on the net or something?

http://www.google.co.nz/search?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4ADRA_enNZ414NZ415&biw=1579&bih=615&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=subaru+sti+1997+v-limited&oq=subaru+sti+1997+v-limited&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2247l5881l0l12l12l0l9l0l1l531l1264l3-2.0.1

my car is top right hand corner?seems abit weeird to me,

hmm is that safe?ithink people should be warnd before uploading pics that they will be on google and such other sites?

some people may not be too happy about it,

Yep if I search for subaru v7 spec c, pics of my car come up. However they come from type-ra.co.uk, not clubsub.

If you're going to upload images of yourself / your car / your dog to the interwebz, you can't expect them to be private.

yep i just 'asumed' tht cs would have sort of block that pics that get uploaded to cs only remain on cs and dont go other places.

its kinda the same as the random guests coming on cs and getting number plate numbers,haha

Even if it did (and I believe it used to block robots), you have already uploaded your image to a public place that is more than likely directly indexed by search engines. They would show up in Interweb searches whether Clubsub existed or not. Clubsub could only have any control over this if it hosted images for members itself.

It's the net mate, if you don't want pics to go around dont put them up anywhere on the net...... Simple as that :D. And yes doesn't matter if u put it on cs, u have uploaded them into a public site as mentioned above. Nothing CS can do, thats all in ur hands mate.

yup once they are uploaded to an image sharing site (image shack/picasa or what ever) or the worst being FACEBOOK then it is unless specified by you the user PUBLIC PROPERTY :)

I use Picasa and have some photos as private which does seem to lock them down pretty good....

When it comes down to it,Your pics are very good of that "type" of car,which here in NZ are commonish so we probably dont worry to much about it, but for those overseas they will be able to cream all over it :) especially the guys in the USofA who would give body parts to own one

yeh i know what you mean ddnt realise that up loading on image shack would put them on the internet lol.now iam lol

yeh funny thing is i didnt even know it was a v limted when i bought ,just new it was a sti,low ks and hada roof scoop whch was mean,joined this site and found out what it was,so im prty lucky to own it, ;) iv only ever seen funkys v limted,mine,and that new guy that just signd up,must be quite rare,haha

wonder how many are in nz hmmmm

yer allgood,fully didnt realise using imageshack ect would also upload them to the net to.owel i was just abit confused haha but allgood nw

Just because this kind of misconception irks me, I offer the following tidbit of information;

When you connect to the 'internet' using your computer or phone or whatever, you are part of the internet. The internet as commonly known (ie; the biggest IP based globally routed public network) is whoever happens to be collectively connected at any given time. It simply does not exist without everyone connected. Any service on the internet is public. When you use a service on the internet (like an image host or tardbook) you transmit your data across a public space. Your data is on the 'internet' the minute you connect your device to the internet. Operating systems, tunneling protocols, and various other methods attempt to protect your data, however the fact remains it is on the internet while you are. Services on the internet (like image hosting and tardbook) want search engines to index their content because that is free global publicity.

To take this into the real world (and curiously crossing over from the internet -- oo, duality!) ...

When you have a house, and the driveway attaches to the road, random people can drive onto your driveway. Generally you put up with this because you can drive off your driveway to go to convenient places like the mall, the doctor, and the Double Down vendor. Theoretically there are also rules about who and when people can drive onto your driveway.

Now Google drives a van around your neighbourhood taking pictures of everything, thus virtualising your neighbourhood and 'putting it on the internet'. Unfortunately, once you have your house connected to the road, and unobscured, there is no way to stop Google 'indexing your house'. In fact lots of people want their 'house' or 'business' indexed because they might have a billboard in front that is now freely advertising them to an audience they could never have reached on their own.

Now assume you drive off your driveway onto the public road, drive down to the mall, and hand over a canister of film to a local camera shop for development. You assume they will not show your photos to everyone, but that is simply an issue of trust. People can generally be a lot more trusting of someone they physically meet.

For some unfathomable reason, people using the internet have completely forgotten their natural instincts and trust absolutely everyone and everything they see and use on the internet. Ironically, in some cases, you are probably safer going down to the local pub and handing your personal documents to a stranger for safe keeping than giving them to a random internet business.

sti8u said:

yer allgood,fully didnt realise using imageshack ect would also upload them to the net to.owel i was just abit confused haha but allgood nw

Lol all good mate, quick question what do you think ur connecting too..... That is the internet ;) No internet no imageshack etc