Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Any one wanna play name my legacy?

I think what we have here is an apprentice mechanic trying to show how smart he is....

What he fails to understand is quite a few of us on here have over the years dealt with apprentices..

I'm sure you have been told this by Tradesman at work but here goes...

"Sit down and listen to the older guys as they have probably been there and seen that."

Settle down and stop trying to show off how clever you are and you may just learn something.

Alright. That's my piece said.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet some one finally answered my question an the rest of you have made things very clear.

Arrogance is not intelligence read your posts wow text heroes sent you.

secondly i don't care what you own or what qualifications you think you have no one answered my questions i have already read a book MIKE but sadly SUBARU. have told me the answers an the compression an brakes are both correct so that makes you all sadly wrong.

what's funny though is the effort it took to get the wrong answers.

my qualifications are 6 years as a MITO apprentice while running a service centre for 60 varying fleet vehicles getting assessed is hard where i work but if you think I'm not morethan qualified be my guest and post your qualifications.

I TRUST SUBARU OVER YOU GUYS ANY DAY.

p.s when you read this try an stay calm this time guys its not the end of the world

well why are you asking on here when you clearly already know the answers?

sounds to me like you got a non turbo wagon that someone has made into a turbo by replacing the n/a parts with turbo parts.

tell me something, does it have air conditioning or electric windows?

BF5GT90 said:

ah so it has Air con,

iv never seen as RS with aircon??

lol

what a douche.. its a GT.

I have seen an RS with Aircon :) and a GT without so aircon not really an indicator but regardless if it is a Wagon which it is it can only at best be called a GT (for Grand touring) :)

• General Member

you also forget Gen 1 they did mix and match the RS/GT

so it can be a RS wagon... (very unlikely only a few around)

heaps of GT Sedans

20 year old car with original parts? must be 1 of a select few as well

apparently there are no RS wagon's?

im personally not convinced of this because i have seen 2 of them.

and yes i know "elite-ists" will say its a GT with a RS badge. but meh i know what i saw.

just to confirm from SUBARU

brakes are consistent with RS (BC5)

compression consistent wit same model

SUBARU point to pre facelift mix n match wagon production numbers round 3700 cannot confirm due too missing VIN re registered in 1991 pre mandatory VIN of vehicles

answered my questions as for rear of vehicle only badge that willfit is off an RS an SUBARU told me this an gaveme price for new badge RS badge that is

so what was the question again?? so sum ones pulled the old gt motor out put in an rs motor and then done a rear rotor and caliper swap at sum stage over the last 20 years??

this is a real weird thread..

ive seen an rs badge on the back of a wagon before.. my wagon which i just went to pick a part pulled the bagde off an rs then swaped it out for my gt one fits like a glove with a bit of double sided tape ;)

ive got the one up again tho cos if anyones seen the back of my car youll see its got a custom made 555 bagde in place of the rs one.. does this mean im in the world rally team???

I agree with the badge hence the questions regarding what defined an RS but instead all I got were people saying comments such as read a book how would i know the different brake and rotor combos to know these are off an RS if I didn't read a book???

Their are 3 different Pad and rotors for BF5 and BC5 I asked questions and got no answers just people acting like they know but any ways some one did at least give me a straight answer and in the end I asked Subaru and they answered my questions and gave me an insight into production history from SUBARU with out charge!!!!!!

READ THE FOLLOWING TO UNDERSTAND VIN HISTORY. (FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA THIS HAPPENED)

The VIN dates back to before mandatory NZ VIN plating when a company called SUBMARINE SPARES had a dodgy owner who would import cars as parts avoid paying excesive duties (any one who has been involved in automotive history in CHCH would know this)

Their practise was to import a so call PARTS car and then place a VIN plate from another wrecked SUBARU and send it off for recompliance. This cars VIN plate is off (originaly a EJ18) a wrecked legacy then it is sent for recompliance hence the VTNZ fully having no proplems with it and confirm it was reregistered by SUBMARINE SPARES.

Part of the reason they invented NZ VIN plates instead of using the import ones was because of places like SUBMARINE SPARES.

IN NO WAY ARE SUBMARINE SPARES OWNED OR OPERATED BY THE SAME PEOPLE OR MANNER AS THE 1990's

USE THEM THEY ARE NICE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AN NOW THINK HOW MANY SUBARUS THERE ARE LIKE THIS IN NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANSWER HUNDREDS and VARYING MODELS INCLUDING STI's

JoKer said:

wicked digging right there!

that does deserve a round of applause !!!

cant fault the research nor the tenacity to find the proper details

Glad some one appreciated the hard work of getting info from VTNZ post earth quake an all!!!!!!!

The thing I find more interesting is this article regarding VIN Numbers in NZ:

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/registration-licensing/registration/vin.html

It States that A vehicle only needed a chassis plate or a firewall number or a VIN number but if presented with a JAPANESE VIN number in 1991 there was no WIKI or GOOGLE hell EMAIL to check on numbers so if you just grabbed a plate chances are it past

So any car pre 1st of April 1994 only needed to have a VIN number in general OR a CHASSIS NUMBER not both

I think alot of people are no looking sideways at there BC5 or BF5 hell even their BG5's are they real at all??? (If you brought it in CHCH I would look into it)

After all the VIN tells all by most peoples assumptions and SUBMARINE SPARES only sell SUBARUS so THE VIN CANT BE RIGHT ALL THE TIME THIS PROVES IT!!!!!!

SCARY FACTS PEOPLE NOT FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pedro said:

Dodgy as..

It falls in line with other scams in the early 90's the toyota and nissan HALF cuts that were WELDED TOGETHER and sold PRE Mandatory NZ VIN Numbers or the ODO's that were being wound back on cars and sold to people PRE MANDTORY VINing.

All these cars were given dispensation only because it effected so many cars they gave the dat 1st of April 1994 anything before then is basically turned a blind eye and is allowed on the road this was the only option given the shear scale of DODGY CARS in general not just SUBARUS but IMPORTS.

Alot like the frontal impact standards how if its on the road your legal but you cant get any more on the road as a new import if it was built before 1998 I think it is now.

SO WHERES MAD MIKE and DRFVDR on this come on guys woops I shouldn't gloat thats bad sportsmanship.

Good Game guys Good Game

funkytown said:

oh Mr Ash.. your a special kind of character arent you.

Between the three people above, they would school you from here back to the Fuji Heavy Industries factory, so sit back hold tight and listen a little.

to quote shale, use the flappy bits on the side of your heaad more than the flappy bits on the front of your face and she'll be right mate ;)

LOL FUNKY TOWN 3 words for you about the above post MAN LOVE MOMENT

So since no one is replying to me on the FACTS I have posted this is my last post or soon the MODS will get annoyed so peace out people.

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD IMMEDIATLY THIS IS GETTING US NO WHERE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!