Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Any one wanna play name my legacy?

Dude, calm down. You posted those facts a few hours ago. Alot of people aren't on here 24/7. Maybe only 20/7 :P

Good work on the research but it isn't really earth shattering news IMO.

I don't really see why those guys would have a reply/rebuttle towards your facts aswell? Personally I don't really care about the facts that you posted about cars being imported as wrecks and welded together etc etc, mostly cause my BC5 has very, very few of the original parts left in it and many parts out of various other Subaru's now live in it. I think the wiring loom is about the only thing I haven't changed and thats going to get a going over sometime soon. So if the car was originally a bunch of parts, it is now a bunch of parts that I know the history of ;)

Most of what you have said about dodgy imports back in the day is old news anyway. Just drive your car and enjoy it. If it turns out to be a bunch of crappy parts, sell it and do a thorough check on another?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for about the 3rd time, what is stamped on your firewall, and model plate? I'm interested in looking up your chassis.

Also, was looking through some legacy workshop manuals, it specified 8.0 compression for the 2.0L DOHC engine, and 9.5 for the NA variant. I'm confused.

there are different brake packages for BF5 because BF5 covers both turbo AND non-turbo 2.0L 4WD wagons. you may very well find the solid non-vented rotors on a TZ for example.

Regarding the replies in this thread, personally I find your posts quite un-structured. The replies you get will also depend on the attitude expressed in posts.

CUDDAS said:

I have a BC5 GT -BC5 019511 -BC5A49P here with factory vented rear discs the same as my BC5 RS -BC5 005327 -BC5A48D

i may have over read some of this thread .

Dude You Are The Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool You Don't Know Year Of Production Do You For The BC5 GT??????

and I would love to post pics of FIREWALL TAG but non existant as not required for being registered in 1991 only needed a FUJI HEAVY VIN PLATE.

As these plates are only rivited on they could be changed with ease. For this reason VTNZ (LTSA at this point introduced the now common NZ VIN PLATE with rivits and glue to stick it on and avoid ease of tampering

rex-leggy said:

i usually check a cars vin ect before i buy a car anyway :)

Hey man please read why a VIN is useless on pre 94 imports I said earlier why a VIN is a waste of time given the practises of alot of car yards and wrecking yards of the early 90's

and given you checked the VIN before you buy you can still get something not right

Shot man

kamineko said:

Well, for about the 3rd time, what is stamped on your firewall, and model plate? I'm interested in looking up your chassis.

Also, was looking through some legacy workshop manuals, it specified 8.0 compression for the 2.0L DOHC engine, and 9.5 for the NA variant. I'm confused.

there are different brake packages for BF5 because BF5 covers both turbo AND non-turbo 2.0L 4WD wagons. you may very well find the solid non-vented rotors on a TZ for example.

Regarding the replies in this thread, personally I find your posts quite un-structured. The replies you get will also depend on the attitude expressed in posts.

I'm wondering why you are deciding to skirt around the question......

HAHA My turn to say this now why don't you READ 2 posts above yours MADMIKE for the answer huh???

all good your forgiven!!!!

Na not really the man, just a fella who's had quite alot to do my BC5's, mine is a 1990 GT it's pre facelift i.e has the big square fog lights & aggressive looking front ::)

as for when "it" was built yes, but not when they put the GT into production i cant read the legacy GT brochure i've got, it's in japanese,

I do have another book somewhere which has a little bit about the history but it's Austrailian so really it's probably only about Them from what i can remember they didn't get the rs's or gt's (one or both) till around late 1990 or 1991 or so due to their importing laws aye,

there will be someone with more accurite info though :)

do you only have the firewall BC5-###### number & no model plate on the passengers strut tower, & vin tag, i have my vin plates on the drivers strut tower ect

Oh i didnt read that mike either, but that's interesting about covering both turbo & non turbo's,

I have seen vented front & rear disc's on the VZ legacy too :) not wagon sorry

Ashranold said:

and I would love to post pics of FIREWALL TAG but non existant as not required for being registered in 1991 only needed a FUJI HEAVY VIN PLATE.

As these plates are only rivited on they could be changed with ease.

The chassis code is stamped into the firewall on every Subaru I have closely looked at, not riveted on as you are implying. So its either there, or has been ground off? That is what Kameniko and Madmike are asking for.

It will just read something like BF5-0123456

AS I SAID IT IS NOT ON FIREWALL AT ALL EVER NEVER NEVER EVER I cant say this enough I have A plate on strut tower thats held in by rivits (FUJI HEAVY VIN plate with the VIN number found on carjam) but no stamped number in firewall.

NOTHING

I know what your talking about its on almost every toyota nissan mazda etc not on my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will take photo to show you if you want but its most uninteresting lol its just blue painted firewall all bare an untainted.

CUDDAS said:

I would say the firewall one should be BF3-008393 (i think i just trolled :D )

just beside the brake booster?? i'd be keen to see the pic's just whenever though.

Next to the brake booster is nothing!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hey i can find it on a BMW and brand new MERC's which obscure as on a new M5 or AMG CL and I know where they are and what they are,

I honestly do not have any other number than Manufacturers Vin Plate On Strut Tower

Koom said:

So you can assume that yours is one of the dodgy ones from the 90's and has had the chassis code ground off to hide it's true history as an NZ new N/A pussbox

Ah Rather it had a wrecked N/A Pussbox VIN Number placed On It before sending it off to be first registered man and when they regestered the details of the vehicle to that VIN number!!!!

This is whats happened no questions about it but asking me for numbers that arn't their isn't going to help asking VTNZ duz.

Chalk it up to experince that a VIN up till 1994 is useless!!!!! Fair Enough Call I Say.

I can point to a few RX7's I have seen that are worse than that S6 S7 which one is it LOL same for S4 and S5 RX7's

Ashranold']

[quote name='Koom said:

So you can assume that yours is one of the dodgy ones from the 90's and has had the chassis code ground off to hide it's true history as an NZ new N/A pussbox

/quote]

Ah Rather it had a wrecked N/A Pussbox VIN Number placed On It before sending it off to be first registered man and when they regestered the details of the vehicle to that VIN number!!!!

This is whats happened no questions about it but asking me for numbers that arn't their isn't going to help asking VTNZ duz.

Chalk it up to experince that a VIN up till 1994 is useless!!!!! Fair Enough Call I Say.

I can point to a few RX7's I have seen that are worse than that S6 S7 which one is it LOL same for S4 and S5 RX7's

So what your saying here is..

1 you know the vin is dodgy.

2 the car is a mongrel.

3 you knew all this already.

4 your a complete tool and thought it would be fun to stir...

Alright you have had your fun now piss off....

madmike']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

So what your saying here is..

1 you know the vin is dodgy.

2 the car is a mongrel.

3 you knew all this already.

4 your a complete tool and thought it would be fun to stir...

Alright you have had your fun now piss off....

+1

Ashranold']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

I'm lost as to what your point is throughout this entire thread now? You got grumpy cause we weren't as good as the computer system at a Subaru dealership as well as your car being a dodgy mixture from the past so its past is cloudy and checkered at best.

What were you even after? Or did you expect to come here (to an internet forum containing a random mixture of people from all over the planet, barely any of whom are paid by Subaru or has access to their parts database, who come here to share information and experiences with other like minded people) and expect everyone here to be complete anorak's who know every past detail of your car that by the sounds of it, has the type of past that whoever did the dodgy dealings in the first place, probably would like those details to stay in the past.

What?

REX-LEGGY Nice use of language shows your understanding of the subject wont PISS OFF as you put it called a free internet man u like them apples!!!!! U Tool

All i have to say is read before you post Im not grumpy people wern't as good as a computer but the responses people gave I said it before TEXT heroes.

If you cant answer either don't or have the guts to admit you don't know instead of acting like you do if you guys had industry experience (I asked for that before but no one even said if they had any qualifications) no one responded and you guys have a go at me when all i wanted to know was:

If my wagon was an RS or a GT since no one could give constructive comments I went to Subaru who said that everything I was told on this forum was incorrect.

Given the convictions of the members who said I was wrong thought you might want to know.

When I stated they were wrong I then got a bunch of nonsense questions about VIN # which when i gave them an answer another member said it was OLD HAND to most people(I dont beleive that for a second)

I have explained all i can an to my amazment only 2 members PM me regarding my findings being of USE to them.

They know who they are and given there standings on this forum I would stop and reread what i have written as they said it was GREAT INFO

Ashranold said:

REX-LEGGY Nice use of language shows your understanding of the subject wont PISS OFF as you put it called a free internet man u like them apples!!!!! U Tool

All i have to say is read before you post Im not grumpy people wern't as good as a computer but the responses people gave I said it before TEXT heroes.

If you cant answer either don't or have the guts to admit you don't know instead of acting like you do if you guys had industry experience (I asked for that before but no one even said if they had any qualifications) no one responded and you guys have a go at me when all i wanted to know was:

If my wagon was an RS or a GT since no one could give constructive comments I went to Subaru who said that everything I was told on this forum was incorrect.

Given the convictions of the members who said I was wrong thought you might want to know.

When I stated they were wrong I then got a bunch of nonsense questions about VIN # which when i gave them an answer another member said it was OLD HAND to most people(I dont beleive that for a second)

I have explained all i can an to my amazment only 2 members PM me regarding my findings being of USE to them.

They know who they are and given there standings on this forum I would stop and reread what i have written as they said it was GREAT INFO

all im doing is agreeing with a comment made by someone else..... if the question was as simple as "Is my wagon an RS or a GT" why not ask that ( in a way that can be understood by the human race ) and save all this bulls***?

Ashranold said:

COOL-STORY-BRO.jpg