• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Any one wanna play name my legacy?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no but if you gonna play rugby you learn the rules man

if your gonna have a forum about any car expect people with qualifications to be there too

Go to TOYSPEED or MAZDASPEED forums and see how long you last if you have no knowledge of cars other than water, Tyres, oil and petrol LOL

Forgive me everyone I thought you guys actually new facts and workings of engines but sadly noo

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

But love the buddy christ

Ashranold said:

If my wagon was an RS or a GT since no one could give constructive comments I went to Subaru who said that everything I was told on this forum was incorrect.

Given the convictions of the members who said I was wrong thought you might want to know.

Didn't the lack of information you originally posted just point towards your car either being a) a GL 1800cc or b) dodgy?

How is someone on the internet supposed to be able to decipher the spec of your car from a number plate on a car that has had its numbers fiddled with in the past? Kinda like someone coming here and asking "my car is making a funny noise from somewhere in front of where I sit, what do I need to fix and is it going to cost me much?"

I that case you're better off using the real world for answers just as you seemed to in your case. Good on you for sharing your findings. If people weren't old enough to read the newspaper during the 90's then I'm not surprised if the news of dodgy car dealers bringing in cars in pieces etc etc is new to them? But just because you hadn't heard of that type of dealing it doesn't mean that no-one has heard of it ::)

Have you heard of the flood damaged ones that came in during the late nineties aswell? The odo re-winding thing is possibly the newer of all those scams.

Yeah and did you know about the cars that were left in the rain in japan untreated to rust because they went on strike in the early to mid 80's.

The world is full of this but the response said it all the members on this forum didn't know that did they.

No matter how you slice it if you think that people on this forum conform into your discription your sadly mistaken mate most of them are anoraks.

and they should say it proudly!!!!

If Your Passionate About Something Be Proud Of It.

Ashranold']

This analogy is pretty shite. This isn't playing rugby, this is a forum. It's more like a discussion about rugby or fantasy football league etc ;)

[quote name='Ashranold said:

if your gonna have a forum about any car expect people with qualifications to be there too

Plenty of people here have qualifications. Think there's a Doctor here somewhere, few Engineers, probably Lawyers, Accountants and lots of BA graduates too.

Do you realise that this is just a forum full of enthusiasts and people with too much spare time in front of PC's?

Although the company cars that Clubsub provides all Moderator's are pretty cool. Although only the President gets a V11 STI, we just get V10's :(

Ashranold said:

No matter how you slice it if you think that people on this forum conform into your discription your sadly mistaken mate most of them are anoraks.

and they should say it proudly!!!!

There is only one or two true dyed in the wool "Anorak's" on Clubsub and I'm pretty sure they'll happily tell you so. The rest of us are just here to share experiences. You seem to not be enjoying your experience with your car though :(

Ashranold said:

Go to TOYSPEED or MAZDASPEED forums and see how long you last if you have no knowledge of cars other than water, Tyres, oil and petrol LOL

Forgive me everyone I thought you guys actually new facts and workings of engines but sadly noo

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

But love the buddy christ

from vin to what ? now i only know water, tyres and go go juice ..... gutted :D

Ashranold']

An since when did I say I wasn't enjoying my car LOL never once said that LOL

Oh well its been fun signing off

OK so I worded that wrong sorry. You don't seem to be enjoying your experience here sharing your experience with your car?

Also;

[quote name='Ashranold said:

So those forums are off limits to anyone wanting to learn for example, about how to make more power, reliably from their Toyota or Mazda? But it's just a giant circle-jerk of guys who know all the answers and therefore don't need to share anything anyway ???

At least this place is a circle-jerk that accepts everyone, no matter what their experience level :P

wow..

to TA , you should of just posted your findings in the first post rather than baiting and trolling like you have done,

ie:

i have this wagon, blah blah its not what it says it is blah blah due to VIN plates by dodgy importers in the 90's blah blah blah etc etc, you guys might want to check your cars blah blah blah thoght id share this with you etc etc

but since you chose to do it the hard way you now look like a troll on crack.

cheers

if you have no vin number on your firewall your car HAS been converted. Subaru started using stamped vin numbers in 1973 on firewall and in 1981 it was nz legislation to have them. My old man is a wof inspector and i am doing my papers and he said if its not there then he would fail car, alot of places would probally not notice or care so no biggie but i would say it has been rebodied (not well done either).

On a side note any info you get from subaru themselves is probally useless as i have delt with them locally where a tech with 18yrs experience couldnt fix a code 66 in a bg gt, it was forums like this where i got awnsers and solutions, please show some respect to the members here who probally DO know everything (or close to) about these cars, alternatively piss off and go join a blowarse homo forum where you will learn nothing.