Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Quick Question

dubbedup

dubbedup said:

yep was a 22...thanks for the replies, ended up taking all my tools anyways, got it sorted...cheers

Always always do this

I have a permanent tool box in the back of my truck :) i have pretty much ended up in 2 of the most common tools so i dont have to chop and change on call outs :)

DRFVDR']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

yep was a 22...thanks for the replies, b]ended up taking all my tools anyways[/b], got it sorted...cheers

Always always do this

I have a permanent tool box in the back of my truck :) i have pretty much ended up in 2 of the most common tools so i dont have to chop and change on call outs :)

The only sizes you need for a subaru strip down are..10mm, 12,mm,14mm,17mm,19mm,22mm,32mm. Try that with another make!! you need all the spanners you can get usually!!

soopersubaru']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

yep was a 22...thanks for the replies, b]ended up taking all my tools anyways[/b], got it sorted...cheers

Always always do this

The only sizes you need for a subaru strip down are..10mm, 12,mm,14mm,17mm,19mm,22mm,32mm. Try that with another make!! you need all the spanners you can get usually!!

not unless you working on my friends rs .... need 13mm,14mm and 15mm just for the downpipe flange ::)

soopersubaru']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

toyotas are the same

/quote]

plus 11mm and 13mm for toyota!

been working on toyota commercial vehicles for 20 years and I have never needed an 11 or 13,

Modern Metric bolts that are used my ALL Japanese manufactures now come as head size 8mm,10mm,12mm,14mm,17mm,19mm,22mm and 24mm. I am talking normal run of the mill bolts.

Holdens suck as they require ones like 15mm and 18mm,

I also carry a full set of "E" type sockets, and now also internal star and allen as the Euro's love these ( I am talking Larger vehicles than most on here work on )

1/2 = 12.54mm

7/16 = I have no idea :) not of the top of my head BUT an 11mm spanner is damn close

11/16 approx 17mm

3/4 approx 19mm

13/16 approx 21mm

7/8 approx 22mm

15/16 approx 24mm

and before you all start in on me I am a qualified engineer as well as qualified diesel fitter.

I have been doing this before most of you born :P

DRFVDR said:

1/2 = 12.54mm

7/16 = I have no idea :) not of the top of my head BUT an 11mm spanner is damn close

11/16 approx 17mm

3/4 approx 19mm

13/16 approx 21mm

7/8 approx 22mm

15/16 approx 24mm

and before you all start in on me I am a qualified engineer as well as qualified diesel fitter.

I have been doing this before most of you born :P

1/2" = 12.70 !! 25.4mm =1" :o

Therefore 1/16" =1.58mm so 7/16" = 11.1mm

13 rounds off 1/2" because it don't fit!! 1/2" spanner will not fit 13mm nut will it??

As an engineer you should understand this! ::)(correction KNOW this!)

Engineer.....................Yeah right!!!! >:(

DRFVDR said:

Well I am a fitter/turner machinest and have both a trade certificate and a advanced trade certificate to prove it :)

Or do you mean by engineer a university trained person

Almost fooled me there, Equal too and over your quals that i am.I have trained the likes of you!

Tech fitter/turner, Steam qualified 3rd marine,Then there is electrical quals,combustion,Automotive engineering, quals and others.

I also know a thing or two!! Guessing you own a cresent too! Threw mine away 30 years ago!

Also glad i did not have you turn up a 1/2" bearing shaft for me to fit my 1/2" bearing to..... it would have been too small by 0.16 mm!!

Spanner tolerances are??? do you even know?

dude chill

I doubt you are old enough to have trained me :)

I do know about sizes

I made a typo :)

I have been working as Mechanic for over 20 years,I probably know more about spanner sizes than most,mainly because i have worked on old english crap with the really unsual sizes that are like 3/8 " but this is the thread size and not the head size :)