Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

6x9s in rear doors of gf8

WRXONP

just wondering if any one has fitted 6x9s in the rear doors of a gf8 and how you did it?

from what i see you would cut the door card and fit the speaker with a spacer.

Is it worth it? do u get more bass than a 6.5 inch?

because the cones surface area is larger it should push more air

does this mean it Will give more bass then a 6.5 with equivalent specs

Any info would be appreciated as Im getting new rear speakers tomorrow

• General Member

so I googled 6x9 vs 6.5

6x9s wont sound horrible, but if you want that extra edge, def go with a good set of components all around, even a co-ax pair in the rear would be a good compromise.

round speakers do have better musicality than oval ones, take for instance the kicker solo-x. it is square and gets very loud but it sounds like garbage, same concept applies to 6.5's vs. 6x9's.happy.gif

If you want sound quality, then stick with 6.5 in the rear, or nothing for a front stage effect. I have heard that 6x9's are sort of like a cheap-ish solution for a sub.

get good speakers in the front, send more power to them, and your set. I'm runnin stock back speakers for now.

edit : dead link removed

Reading your post, if ALL you're after is more bass, and you don't want to run a sub, then yes, 6x9's will produce more bass. But don't expect it to sound good. It will be loud, but s***ty loud.

If you run a sub, or intend to run a sub in the future, then don't use 6x9's.

I'm just going by what you want, rather than spiel on about how 6x9's are crap, cos if you have it in your head then you'll probably do it anyway hahaha

boon said:

Something like old Fusion Jonahs. Won't look horry like 6x9s in the doors always do.

Don't touch Fusion gear with a barge pole - heard of a couple of cases of the gear catching fire..

gmeago']

[quote name='boon said:

Something like old Fusion Jonahs. Won't look horry like 6x9s in the doors always do.

/quote]

Don't touch Fusion gear with a barge pole - heard of a couple of cases of the gear catching fire..

Gear won't catch fire if it's installed properly. Jonah series is about the best of Fusions stuff from a few years ago.. Powerplant is also very good.

Anything can catch fire if it's installed badly.. very, very badly.

• Admin
 gmeago']

[quote name='boon said:

/quote]

I repair amplifiers in my spare time... if only people knew what was going on inside them ;)

The old Fusion FP-1404 is about the most bulletproof amp ever made. You have to do something completely obsurd to kill one, yet I still find them on trademe from time to time for $50 'as is' with popped output transistors.

thanks for all the replies . . at the moment i run the new Sony components. . . just have stock Rear speakers . don't want a sub . . . from what people have said so far I'll be going with 6.5s in the Rear .

what makes 6x9s sound garbage ?

If you ran a High pass to the 6x9s, so they only run sub-frequencies, then that would be alright. Still get sub-bass, and rely on your front speakers for the mid & high frequencies.

I've toyed with this idea for some time, but never actually done it. I'd be keen to get some cheap 6x9's just to try it out.

Nah don't want a sub for the extra weight and current draw . . . Im fussy lol . . . the components sound awesome with some dub step drops ! just a front stage show lol can hardly hear the Rears just want them to be herd really !