Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DCCD users please

kamineko

• 1 year later...

should probably update this. appreciate the input from above posters, it was helpful.

prototype controller worked well at mm12, but i need more time to tune the maps.

plan is to sort the maps, do some extensive testing then build a much simpler version. can\'t do much at the moment till i rescue the test vehicle

here\'s some pictures i promised a year ago. camera didn\'t like the lcd much

DSCF3847_rsz.jpg

DSCF3848_rsz.jpg

DSCF3850_rsz.jpg

Another member has beaten you to a full commercial release www.MAPDCCD.com, I\'ll be getting one if I ever make it to the track.

He\'s been very low key about it, but there are a number of race cars around here running it.

and the locked NASIOC thread is a bit gay, they are the ones asking about it, if they didn\'t know Optical was selling it they would openly discuss how it works.

Yes i see he has been busy getting the word out too. even got a thread locked by a nasioc mod lol, good on him thou!! they are afraid of change! seems like a top product and very well though of, only thing i think it needs is a straight plug in option to run all of the factory dccd dash lights. the lights on the dash are very useful in auto mode but the more i look at this unit the more i kind like it. I\'m guessing the unit has to be mounted in the centre of the car thou seeing it has a built in axis sensor? If thats correct then perhaps a seperate axis sensor might be better so you can mount it out of the way like a turbo timer etc might help if thats true? Just still waying up the pros and cons.. still at the new stage but 1 thing i really like is the fact that it can be loaded with different maps but then i like the factory thumb wheel and switches.. Arhhh might have to get one anyway

Stoffa said:

He was telling me you can wire it up with the factory controller so you can see the lights doing their thing in active mode

He states here that there is a need for some sort of LED driver using the 0-5volt output.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448148

If you look at the map dccd unit each light indicates 25% lock where as the factory dash dccd lights are 20% lock, not sure but i guess rigging the unit directly to the dash lights wont give you a true lock reading. Not saying it can\'t be done but would be more benificial if it was a simple plug and play

• 3 weeks later...

Scottspeed knows all about this trickery :) Using a simple program you can utilise steering input,G load and wheel speed to give you a "race" style VDC. Sensors are required for rear diff,front wheels,steering angle,Gload.(It can be managed by a G4 or Motec too)

Unlike std VDC that reduces throttle and applies brakes this system holds the brake(s) on for the inside front/rear wheel(s) when cornering. Which is further adjusted by G load and throttle opening. It then loads or unloads the centre diff as required.

If you have a V7 or above with dial up DCCD and airbags,Abs the sensors/computer are present.

Dwight can load a program that then allows you to dial up various programs for each setting of the DCCD wheel.

When you are happy with one of the programs he can then create another program that allows fine tuning of the program that you selected to further the ability of the DCCD system that will further match your driving style.

He has been doing this for Emma Gilmour,Chris West,Richard Mason,Dave Thexton for a few years now. ;) ;)

Old school WRC Subaru Prodrive stuff. :D :D