Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DCCD users please

kamineko

Keep winding the lock on until I cannot put up with any more understeer, and leave it there.

I think probably I would want an auto feature to wind lock on as steering angle decreased, but I guess that requires sensors that don't exist on the car currently. Under braking I think I would like some lock for stability. Ideally you would set a minimum lock level and the system would operate from that level up, dropping out completely in cases of handbrake operation or near enough to full steering lock. I have often thought about having a second switch wired the same as the handbrake switch somewhere on the steering wheel.

GC8E2DD said:

Keep winding the lock on until I cannot put up with any more understeer, and leave it there.

I think probably I would want an auto feature to wind lock on as steering angle decreased, but I guess that requires sensors that don't exist on the car currently. Under braking I think I would like some lock for stability. Ideally you would set a minimum lock level and the system would operate from that level up, dropping out completely in cases of handbrake operation or near enough to full steering lock. I have often thought about having a second switch wired the same as the handbrake switch somewhere on the steering wheel.

That seem like a good idea for all the manual dccd users!

GC8E2DD said:

ditto

yeah thats a fun read

i have a fairly capable controller working on my bench, with longG / latG / tps / speed inputs but trying to decide if i need an encoder on the steering wheel or not.

my driving style on track has adapted to the poor turn in of dccd, but i have a mechanical front diff so my ideal seems to differ somewhat to the typical dccd setup.

i have a few different strategies in mind for the 'control' but i want to understand what you guys with 'typical' dccd think

• 4 weeks later...

Hokay thanks for the input. For the past month or so I've been building an auto dccd unit, primarily to lower my own times on track, but I'm sure there is a small market for such a unit.

I would like to gauge interest, and what feature-set I should aim for

I know professional units are available - but this has been built from the ground up and aimed at being cheap and locally tested and produced.

So far the main objectives are:

Basic operation:

- Maintain lock during braking before turn in

- Reduce lock turning into the apex

- Increase lock through corner exit

Functionality:

- Max diff lock or 'lock range' set by factory dial

- Multi mode track/grass/manual/launch

- Diff output displayed on dash as normal, regardless of auto or manual.

- simple 4 position rotary switch to change modes

Install:

- Piggyback style in between factory loom and factory dccd controller (version 2 -> 6)

- connection to Throttle and Speed required at car ecu

- X/Y axis G sensors required (source from wreckers, build your own mounting bracket)

Looking at around $250 built, after a quick tally-up of parts and cheaaaap labour haha

Ok so my question is if that's the simple unit, would you pay extra for 'nifty' stuff

- small LCD display showing modes, data etc

- rotary push-button switch, just like a profecIIb, to change modes etc

- small multiaxis G sensor included, with mount

Looking at an extra $100 on top

Worth it?

rex-leggy said:

im planing to install a dccd.

so a unit like you describe would be perfect for me . but would i work for cars which dont have the standard dccd controls/dash displays?

no, this plugs into your factory complete dccd system. - keeps reliability high and installation easy

a total replacement box would be something i'd consider in the future

kamineko']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

im planing to install a dccd.

so a unit like you describe would be perfect for me . but would i work for cars which dont have the standard dccd controls/dash displays?

/quote]

no, this plugs into your factory complete dccd system. - keeps reliability high and installation easy

a total replacement box would be something i'd consider in the future

sweet worth a try :)