• Raised $0.00

More Power!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slidesector']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

You'l probably get more lag with a bigger intake manifold...

/quote]

It will take nearly 1metre out of intercooler piping and get rid of some curves

so does a flipped factory manfold costing you nadda ... ???

funkytown']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

It's Ok Jon, some people just don't get it!

I can just envisage you banging your head on the table....

• Admin
 Slidesector']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

Just to reiterate what everyone is saying... you can flip a factory manifold around and face it forwards. A larger plenum chamber like most of those aftermarket manifolds have = more lag due to larger volume you have to compress, but more top end power - hence shifting the curve to the right.

Less lag and more power don't go together very well. For less lag you want a smaller, more modern ball bearing turbo, which limits you power-wise to about 240kw@w, you want smaller intercooler piping to increase intake velocity and reduce volume, you want a smaller, less restrictive intercooler... none of this is a recipe for big power.

funkytown']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

Yeah and thats great im not doubting that. Im saying I want to do it.

Davebro']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

lol jesus honestly.. fast and furious has a lot to answer to.

funkytown']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

But MIA! Ahhhhhhh (splat)

funkytown']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

LOL!

Slidesector']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

LOL!

double lol :D

ADIKT']

[quote name='rskikn said:

get em to wire the anti-lag to a switch while there in there.. u might not use it but its alot o fun ta watch late model v8 drivers faces at the lights when ya hit the switch!!! ;D

/quote]

Sweet will get mak sure it gets wired up properly then.

Hahahaaha good point would love a bee*r limiter....

the pod filter gets barly any hot air the turbo positioning and sheilding stops the heat spreading

Wont need a bee*r if you got a g4 link... you can have launch control and anti lag programed in... BANG BANG

thats only if you got the hand contoler or your gonna be sitting there bang bang all the time.. lol.. on a street car will prob = a pink sticker.. hahaha ;D

rskikn']

get em to wire the anti-lag to a switch while there in there.. u might not use it but its alot o fun ta watch late model v8 drivers faces at the lights when ya hit the switch!!! ;D

/quote]

the pod filter gets barly any hot air the turbo positioning and sheilding stops the heat spreading

Wont need a bee*r if you got a g4 link... you can have launch control and anti lag programed in... BANG BANG

thats only if you got the hand contoler or your gonna be sitting there bang bang all the time.. lol.. on a street car will prob = a pink sticker.. hahaha ;D

Interesting... didnt know you needed the hand controller. I thought you were able to use a switch to activate..

rskikn']

/quote]

Its a switch isnt it the only hand controller link has ever tryed to sell my is a screen that goes in your car.. sounded to rice for me

WRXONP said:

well if you didn't want lag why did you go for Vf22 in the first place ? there's turbos out there that can pull more power and spool quicker

Wanted the biggest turbo that came on subarus hence vf22.. My garret gt28r doesnt hold 20psi at all but has no lag, there two things that go hand in hand when you have no lag and run 20psi then youve got a weapon. Hence the s14 having the gt28r now =) 14psi at 2900 with nada lag and nada pressure drop

WRXONP said:

i run Vf23 . hold 20 Pound all day long and spools a hell of a lot quicker than Vf22. . but i repeat there's more things to boost falling off than what the turbo is !

Exactly, hence the reson wanting less lag, run huge pound and have a set up with minimal lag.

The set up will stop boost from falling off even though evryone seems to think it wont hold 20psi, I have seen worse setups hold 22psi on vf22s.

Is it just me but if the motor flows more, especially the intake side the boost would be more likely to drop off as it would push the compressor past the turbo choke point. see my attached photo.

20g.jpg

If my motor flowed more my boost would have to drop for the turbo to keep up, maybe if i did more head work i could get slightly more power at 1.4bar. My turbo flows its most at around 1.4 bar of boost, while im using it higher than thas and have to put up with slightly less power than if i had a motor that would flow more at 1.4 bar.

funkytown said:

Mate i dont even know where to start. youre posts cone across like a little kid bleeting to his mates. do a bit more research and less "boost 567643psi for big skids ow" and people might take you more seriously

lol are they a bit blurry? Ow Which bit doesnt seem serious? Would you prefer me to write in full and state exact textbook facts? Have I been mocking people or offending someone? Boosting 20 not "567643" most people run more than that. And 4wd not RWD so I dont recall talking about skids?

Besides forums are where most people come to learn, where else is best to research?

Slidesector']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

well if you didn't want lag why did you go for Vf22 in the first place ? there's turbos out there that can pull more power and spool quicker

/quote]

Wanted the biggest turbo that came on subarus hence vf22.. My garret gt28r doesnt hold 20psi at all but has no lag, there two things that go hand in hand when you have no lag and run 20psi then youve got a weapon. Hence the s14 having the gt28r now =) 14psi at 2900 with nada lag and nada pressure drop

LOL huge LOL

Garrett GT28-- has WAY MORE flow than a VF22

If you cant get it to hold 20lb boost then you have a problem - not the turbo

I know of a car (chuckle - chuckle) that runs a GT28-- and holds 29.0psi

14psi available on GT28-- at 3600 rpm