Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Blow off valves - venting to atmo

Joker

Currently does your BOV (OEM OR Aftermarket)  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Currently does your BOV (OEM OR Aftermarket)

• Vent to Atmosphere
    • Plumb Back into intake
    • Both (50:50)
    • Dont know
    • I dont have a BOV

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, just set the rev limit on the link to 3100rpm (exhaust testing is done at 3000rpm) :P

My car runs a stock late model STI BOV, which is plumb back into the intake, and has a boxed pod filter, with no AFM.... its about as loud as an atmo BOV. Good luck banning that from my car.

Yea there not going to be able to police it, if so there going to have to do what aus did and ban pods aswell, i dont see it working tbh

most of the noise in mine come outs tha pod unless your revving high

but with mine (turbo smart vee port) it lets off at very low boost i.e if let off the gas at 1psi mine would still make a noise

Joker said:

tighten the spring (amusing its adjustable....

Pods arent banned in Oz - they must however be enclosed (to limit induction noise IIRC)

Mines already up as tight as it can go? i wouldnt say its loud,

i dont think the cops will go pull you over for a b.o.v unless its super ssq or simalar, unless they are just out to get boyracers or wanna do you for whatever they can etc

I think that they are really stereotypical of anyone who drives around in a car with a big bore and Pssssst noise, they really are..It's what people enjoy doing, its part of our life and we are constantly being scrutinised and catergorised, it pisses me off soo much, you do'nt see the 5-0 busting up a thursday night round of Bridge do ya, of course not, doing away with pods and B.O.V's is absolute ridicule, There;s enough stuff that we can't have and do, no other hobbies/interests have sooo much restrictions..I will fight this if it goes further..lol.. :P

Hey you make a really good point there, you only get done for externy @ warrant time, is it that easy then to change around the B.O.V, plumbing it back and forth?..

I dont care much for loud bovs my self. Noise does not = power.

I would of thought the noise form bov would be incorperated into the db testing so the noise level is taken from the whole car.

Then you would just need a way to regulate a test on a rolling road to work all systems of the car

Then once the intake through exhaust system is certed, train the nice coppers to take photos of engines and exhausts when they are pulled over for disturbing the peace, and compare to kept records before issuing dumbass stickers you have to pay to get removed, weather there is a problem or not..

this is ridiculous. how the frick does the sound of a BOV stop people sleeping or affect their health? its all over in 1 second. Seriously, the volunteer fire brigade sirens or POLICE CAR sirens are louder, and go on MUCH longer. Why dont we petition to have all loud noises on all vehicles banned just to be politically correct. no horns, no sirens, no v8s... ooh how about we ban those flashy lights them police cars have to, they shine through my windows and stop me sleeping.

like i said. ridiculous.

cant wait to move to england to be honest.

Disruptz said:

aww, now i'm gonna get a fine whenever my turbo back flutters... tchu tchu tchu tchu...

*Sarcasm to the kids out there who think it's actually cool.*

If I get caught by this new law I'll just remove the BOV and bung up the hole in the intercooler piping. The tchu tchu tchu of the compressor surging is a hell of a lot louder than my BOV is and it would be interesting to see what the cops had to say when being pulled over for excessive BOV noise in that case.......

Can we ban lawnmowers on Sunday mornings?? They annoy the hell out of me!