Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

car speakers

subiesti

I actually can't comment too much atm, as I only have the tweeters installed haha... despite the multitude of brackets they came with, they didn't fit into my factory locations, so have to make some spacers. Will be done next Tuesday, when i have a day off work. I have the Reference 6030cs components

I had a pair of Infinity Kappa 9 in my listening room and they were the biggest load of shit to ever get hooked up to my amps.

:P

On the other hand IRS Betas and the big IRS are amongst the most memorable listening experiences I've ever had.

Bass to 16Hz !!!

;D

I had the older Reference 6010CS components, they fit in my WRX Wagon, smallish magnets - quite a nice sound, thinking back a few years...

The Pioneer TS-D1720 start to sound harsh and slightly tinny at higher volumes, which is strange as the co-axials in the same range don't have that issue - I can really blast those, and they don't hurt my ears.

Personally I don't like a really bright sound. The Precision Power components at SSZ are more my style - but I can't justify the $1k on them.

spark_38 said:

The Pioneer TS-D1720 start to sound harsh and slightly tinny at higher volumes, which is strange as the co-axials in the same range don't have that issue - I can really blast those, and they don't hurt my ears.

You do know you can turn them down right, set the tweeters to -3db on the crossover.

Scoobydoo']

[quote name='spark_38 said:

/quote]

You do know you can turn them down right, set the tweeters to -3db on the crossover.

I always have the tweeters on -3dB. Had them on -6dB on the Type-R's (6 levels of attenuation).

Yeah i've got Kappas, 6x9 rear and 6" plus tweeters in the front.

Magnets are tiny compared to other brands so they are DAMN LIGHT! (Got to keep my RA lightweight :P ). Output is awesome! Even when cranking there is no distortion, and i dont listen to house music or whatever they calling it these days, I play rock so when loud it is a still F*CKING CLEAR!

I'm running infinity perfect 12's... crisp clear bass in the wagon. Even the cheaper Infinity's ive heard (like $100 for a cheap infinity 12') sound okay.

I also run Infinity front speakers on my home theater system - Infinity Reference 60's, and these are mint - twin 8inch with nylon tweeter in each.

Yup, definitly recommend Infinity.

I'm very tempted to get these:

http://www.onlinecaraudio.co.nz/Digital_Designs_DD_CS6_5

Heard them against some JBL GTO comp's on a comparator board. Much smoother sound. No harsh treble at all. The JBL GTO's would be comparable to the Pioneer TS-D comp's - quite a bright sound!

Lawrence (Abtec, ex-car stereo company, wlg) compared their sound to Boston Acoustics (which were the main brand CSC were marketing).

At $199. One would say, a bargain! These are the older model. Abtec have some of the new stock arriving shortly - hence the clearance price on the older models.

• Admin

I've done a couple of installs with them. They're not bad, but I suspect you'll find the tweeters quite different in-car. They are definitely on the brighter side of things, especially compared with the likes of DLS and Infinity.

Also they really don't like more than about 80wrms if that's any concern for you.

EDIT: I was going to say I could even arrange you an 'audition' with a car I've installed them in but they're very, very secondary to the rest of the install.

boon said:

I've done a couple of installs with them. They're not bad, but I suspect you'll find the tweeters quite different in-car. They are definitely on the brighter side of things, especially compared with the likes of DLS and Infinity.

Also they really don't like more than about 80wrms if that's any concern for you.

EDIT: I was going to say I could even arrange you an 'audition' with a car I've installed them in but they're very, very secondary to the rest of the install.

I'd be keen to hear them in-car, if you have it locally. What sort of car is it in? I generally find Subaru's terrible anyway! Doors/panels rattle, regardless of Dynamat.

I'm only running a E-Audio 480AB for fronts and sub, so the speakers are only getting around 75W anyway

• Admin

Yes, it's local... but it's running a hell of a lot besides those speakers (10kwrms bass stage, 500wrms dual 6.5 mid-bass) which makes it a little... different.

If you still wanna hear it let me know.

Scoobydoo said:

Well I was a bit of a lazy-ass today and I didn't get mine in. Got a bunch of other stuff done, but the speakers still sit on the bench. Dunno when I'm gonna have time to get them in now.. not for a couple of weekends I think!

I'm very keen to hear them once they are in the car

well got the infininty 6030cs reference 6s in the front and pioneer ts-a1302c in the rear and 12inch infinity sub with panasonic amp cy-pa2003w all works with a pioneer 5250bt lcd thingy and very happy with it and of course dynamat and foam mat stuff to help kill road noise car still goes like a rocket. all thanks to philp at installer services in dunedin 8)