Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Difference between V9 and V10 sti

are there any major changes between the blob eye and hawk eye? im thinking of getting either 1 v8/9 sti or v10 sti. just wanna know what are some of the big difference between the both, any difference in the engine, turbo, suspension, etc... how much better is the v10 to the v8/9?

ver8 and 9 are also different even though they do look the same and have the same peanut eyes, the ver9 uses better hub patern 114x5 where the 8 uses 5x100. interior also different that shares the same as ver10

turbo in the ver10 is different smaller then the ver8/9 dont know why as its got 2.5L

The NZ new Version 10 sti IS a 2.5ltr engine.

The JDM version 10 sti is a 2ltr and produces the most torque of the v7-10 shape.

Mechanically there is BUGGER all difference between a V9 and V 10 sti

The tough thing is that the v10 sti from japan is abit more fun as the old 2tlr is quite manic/mental in the way it revs but then again its a jap import with unknown history vs the NZ new which has a nice history.

Personally I would try and find one of the NZ new V9 2005 models. Only 1-2 years older than the V10 but safer in the sense that the service history can be confirmed.

The v8/v9/v10 sti (JDM) all uses the twin scroll vf37 turbo except for the aussie spec cars (aka nz new) which uses a single scroll turbo on both ej207 and ej257 engine

the 6 speed gearbox mostly stayed the same except, with the same final drive ratio on the JDM spec cars except for the fact the v10 had a drop gear in the transfer, so rear diff changed

they all had the brembo brakes, and r180 diff

the v8 had a 5x100 stud pattern which changed to a 5x114.3 with the v9 and v10

visually the v9 looked like the v8 except for the spats on the rear 1/4

mostly the interior stayed the same, as did the body shell. the v9 and v10 had alloy rear lateral arms. some v8 models had the darkened dashcluster like the v9 and v10

readosnr said:

The v8/v9/v10 sti (JDM) all uses the twin scroll vf37 turbo except for the aussie spec cars (aka nz new) which uses a single scroll turbo on both ej207 and ej257 engine

the 6 speed gearbox mostly stayed the same except, with the same final drive ratio on the JDM spec cars except for the fact the v10 had a drop gear in the transfer, so rear diff changed

they all had the brembo brakes, and r180 diff

the v8 had a 5x100 stud pattern which changed to a 5x114.3 with the v9 and v10

visually the v9 looked like the v8 except for the spats on the rear 1/4

mostly the interior stayed the same, as did the body shell. the v9 and v10 had alloy rear lateral arms. some v8 models had the darkened dashcluster like the v9 and v10

wait so are you saying that the NZ new ones are AUS spec with Single scroll turbo's?

Cos I will bet a fair amount that the NZ new STI's are a LONG way apart from the AUS models and apart from the V10 2.5ltr they are mechanically almost identical to the JDM ones baring a few interior differences , the legacys are a different story however.

pappu said:

so just to confirm - nz new v10 STI has single scroll turbo??

;D

thats the best news to come outta this thread as far as im concerned lol

nar man they just got the WRX engine and put on an EBC for the the STI models and some new wheels. Not even worth owning tbh :P

now this is where it can get confusing for the uneducated

up to V9 (i think) if you purchased a New STI from a Subaru dealer in NZ you would get a JDM spec car. same as the Legacy GT B Spec. NZ was/is the only country outside of japan to get the Japanese spec cars brand new (i beleive), which makes other countries jealous and green with envy. the legacy gt the aussie's got was one that had no bilsteins, plain bumper and 17' wheels- that will make up for giving us all those 2.0 vl commodores while they got the 3.0 turbo- now im wondering off path......

then when the V10 came along i dont remember what models Subaru nz bought in new. i beleive they may have started with the aussie spec 2.5L

the Aussie spec cars AKA export market cars have a 17 letter chassis number like jf1gdfkd35g017237. i beleive all the sti's that fall into this category had single scroll turbo's.

the jdm cars (wether they be nz new or imported used had a GDB-017235 chassis number

Better suspension geometry

And different turbo and tune

And lacking some of the Sti features for weight savings

Ok if u want a less road oriented car as things like less sound deadening can get dreary for some

For the most part Sti and the spec c are not too far apart So gettin eithe is Awsum

The spec c supposed to hold better value perhaps

Also it's way more of a wow factor hahaha which is not a bad thing I Wud say