• Raised $0.00

Who owns BC5/BF5?

BC5RA

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shale said:

Do you restore them, or keep 'em because they're awesome? I could only dream of a garage/driveway filled with so many of em.

Restored close to orgional (wheels, springs and exhausts being the only mods) and some are 100% orgional, ive only got one thats still hacked up but that serves a useful purpose. And having a garage full of them is a pain in the arse but i can live with that.

vr4ex']

[quote name='Shale said:

Do you restore them, or keep 'em because they're awesome? I could only dream of a garage/driveway filled with so many of em.

/quote]

Restored close to orgional (wheels, springs and exhausts being the only mods) and some are 100% orgional, ive only got one thats still hacked up but that serves a useful purpose. And having a garage full of them is a pain in the arse but i can live with that.

you are my hero, i have saved your picture (i hope you dont mind) now everytime the mrs moans about too many bloody subarus I will show her that picture haha

zarnah said:

you are my hero, i have saved your picture (i hope you dont mind) now everytime the mrs moans about too many bloody subarus I will show her that picture haha

Haha im no hero, just someone who cant say no to a deal and a subaru. Go nuts on the pic, its old now and needs a update.

Actually yeah I'm going to say hero too.

There are too many people that rip the wings off, throw cheap horrible lowering springs into them, put a spud cannon in the back and use them as a MEAN AZ GANGSTA KROOZA AU AU AU AU without realising what the cars ACTUALLY are. They should go ruin Mitsis and Toyotas IMO. I'm glad there's someong out there 'saving' them from this horrible fate.

Or being scrapped. Josh, you suck :P

Shale said:

Actually yeah I'm going to say hero too.

There are too many people that rip the wings off, throw cheap horrible lowering springs into them, put a spud cannon in the back and use them as a MEAN AZ GANGSTA KROOZA AU AU AU AU without realising what the cars ACTUALLY are. They should go ruin Mitsis and Toyotas IMO. I'm glad there's someong out there 'saving' them from this horrible fate.

Or being scrapped. Josh, you suck :P

I seen a nice looking white BC5 with the rear wing removed, lowered, with some gold speedline type of mags & a cannon muffler, in chch on saturday also has a big white for sale sticker on the back window. & i think it looked good, made me think about removing the rear wing on mine to see how it looks :)

I might as well be on the bump stops, there is pretty much no movement in my rear shocks, They are that tight it's not funny & they are set on the softest setting (I know they are track spec) but christ our roads down here are sh1t, even that new piece of bitumen south of ashburton is full of bumps, & once you get over the bealy bridge in arthurs pass national park they just get rougher..... maybe i'm just getting old :P

CUDDAS said:

I might as well be on the bump stops, there is pretty much no movement in my rear shocks, They are that tight it's not funny & they are set on the softest setting (I know they are track spec) but christ our roads down here are sh1t, even that new piece of bitumen south of ashburton is full of bumps, & once you get over the bealy bridge in arthurs pass national park they just get rougher..... maybe i'm just getting old :P

haha, mine does "3 wheelers" when pulling out of driveways etc lifts a wheel off the ground

Shale said:

IMO it looks okay if the rest of the car is done well. But it's still not what the Subaru Gods intended :P

Hang on a second, the Subaru Gods took those awful drag inducing spoilers off aswell;

CarScoop-Legacy.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

So yet again, your argument is inherently flawed. When I took mine off to throw it away, I noticed that where it fastens to the boot skin had been pulled upwards, doesn't look like much downforce was ever the intention of the factory spoiler back in 89. It was the days when anything with a spoiler was instantly 1 sec quicker to 100kph :P

You saying that pulling the spoiler off the back was along the same lines as cutting the springs in half with some phat cromies filled my faheena to the point where it was spilling out everytime I stood up from my desk. The office looks like a fricken beach now because of you!

Was making a statement of the fact that the spoilers on the early cars are a) ugly and b) completely pointless and c) Prodrive agree with me :P