• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Who owns BC5/BF5?

BC5RA

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha thats all goods. yeah i wanna go back to the standard air box as well as ive been told you lose power by going to a pod filter. hmmmm maybe i better check out some trade me auctions on parts for sale

I've found after testing.

If you run a Pod; run it in a cold air box or don't bother.

By going back to the standard air box; i find it smooths out the boost curve and makes it nice and progressive.

There's power to be had with a Pod but only if you do it properly.

DRFVDR said:

heheh nah I changed it back as well

but I will look see wot i got

or can get

and MUNKVY already has first dibs :)

I found a factory airbox at pick a part in the end. Nice and quiet now with almost no intake noise :)

BC5RA said:

I've found after testing.

If you run a Pod; run it in a cold air box or don't bother.

By going back to the standard air box; i find it smooths out the boost curve and makes it nice and progressive.

There's power to be had with a Pod but only if you do it properly.

i dont know if it was done properly cos i bought it minus mags, and cambelt had come off and a few other fings as well. stuck a new cambelt on and it fired up on first go and i havent had any problems with it since. so im unsure if it was done properly or not, id just prefer it to go back to looking standard rather than having a ugly green thing in there lol

Munkvy']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

heheh nah I changed it back as well

but I will look see wot i got

or can get

and MUNKVY already has first dibs :)

/quote]

I found a factory airbox at pick a part in the end. Nice and quiet now with almost no intake noise :)

Sweet wot about suspension bits

I have BC5 gen1.......you've driven it :-) I would love to have a BC5 meet in Welly.......don't leave me out!! As for pods.......I run mine under the front guard..............it's just one big cold air box under there! .....lol

THUNDA']

bc5 pre-facelift but looks better than facelift and should be facelift cos facelifts look nana :-*

wouldnt say nana, mine looks more agressive than a stock pre facelift i think

[quote name='wildturkey said:

I have BC5 gen1.......you've driven it :-) I would love to have a BC5 meet in Welly.......don't leave me out!! As for pods.......I run mine under the front guard..............it's just one big cold air box under there! .....lol

my induction pipe fits my afm and thort of putting the pod in the guard as it fits up nicely but then thort nah haha

When you look at both side by side you'll see that the Series 1 look's much more basic and "early 90's late eighties" than the facelift.

Not knocking either i love both Series 1 and 2.

BC5RA said:

Wish i was back in Wellington....

haha kum back bro lol.

Im keen on a BC5 meet in wellys got a Gen 1 Rs, what a sight that would be. count me in!

meh, i do prefer facelift tailights over pre-facelift

but the fronts of pre-facelift definately look more agressive than facelift

bigger spotlights, headlights look more evil, like they are on more of an angle inwards rather than just being straight :P

22267644.jpg

but hey ive owned both and yeah they are both sweet :-*

LNEMUP']

[quote name='BC5RA said:

Wish i was back in Wellington....

/quote]

haha kum back bro lol.

Im keen on a BC5 meet in wellys got a Gen 1 Rs, what a sight that would be. count me in!

If you guy's have a Wellington meet, let me know in Advance, i mean waaayyyy in Advance lol

Okay how about Wellington Gen 1 meet; In Auckland! Sweet. Done then.

But seriously how about a North island meet? Like central; Taupo? Perhap's after we've done a meet here in Auckland and one in Wellington (F#$$K! why did i have to move)

yea if someone wants to organise a gen1 event let me know well in advance, be cool if we could organise something to fill up a weekend, ie: cruise somewhere, stay in hotel, night on the town, cruise next day.

Something worthwhile to ensure a good turnout, im in the south island but i'd be keen as to come up for a meet if it was something worthwhile and everyone was keen??? hmm now which car to bring.. facelift bf5, pre facelift bc5??...