Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Can this really be done

Divine

Koom said:

Why not just kill the power to the ECU. All that takes is a relay and not thousands of dollars worth of crap that you hope never has to be used.........

That would be the smarter thing, but it can still be towed.

My troll senses tell me this thread is turning into a unrealistic alarms and lulz thread

Gold!

something that forces an arrow through their knee? xD

Or something that holds the clutch out unless a button is pressed at startup. So it can't go anywhere but downhill, and it can't be put into gear.

Well can be moved into gear, but can't be engaged.

Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk

Divine']

[quote name='Koom said:

Why not just kill the power to the ECU. All that takes is a relay and not thousands of dollars worth of crap that you hope never has to be used.........

/quote]

That would be the smarter thing, but it can still be towed.

My troll senses tell me this thread is turning into a unrealistic alarms and lulz thread

And it started as something else??

Fuel pump cut would work. It wouldnt lean out as when theres no fuel it would just shut off through the ecu anyway.

Or make an electronic switch to the ecu like Koom said. Or deploy airbag in steering wheel except it would have a samuri sword instead and stab them in the face. Thats probably more realistic than an ecu cut ::)

94 Leone said:

Gold!

something that forces an arrow through their knee? xD

Or something that holds the clutch out unless a button is pressed at startup. So it can't go anywhere but downhill, and it can't be put into gear.

Well can be moved into gear, but can't be engaged.

Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk

By the above comment i think you mean something that holds the clutch pedal in?

Not a smart idea though as you wouldnt be able to park on a hill.

Divine said:

Ok I had this idea at work today, there was someone here who managed to recover there car with gps technology and a immobilizer set to activate the horn continuously. If such can be done, would it be possible to remote activate some air jacks?GS-UP-2revised.jpg

You need a relay (or several for the other functions you want to trigger) that can be triggered at the same time as the rest of what you want triggered.

All the alarm will do is send a signal to a output/wire, you then trigger from there.

You will have to be sure it is standing dead still when done tho...

94 Leone']

[quote name='99GTB said:

You don't need a clutch to drive manual if you're a pro. Gearlever lock would be a better option.

/quote]

If it never re-engages though, chances are, ya need a clutch to take off if you're a regular theif.

Na just keep the starter going until you get enough speed, then you're away lol

99GTB']

[quote name='99GTB said:

You don't need a clutch to drive manual if you're a pro. Gearlever lock would be a better option.

/quote]

If it never re-engages though, chances are, ya need a clutch to take off if you're a regular theif.

Na just keep the starter going until you get enough speed, then you're away lol

Sounds solid to me ;)

Cut the power to the ecu, then deploy a taser aimed at the crutch. Or multiple taser's?. Would have to cut power to the ECU though, otherwise the thief might nail the go pedal as they get tased.

Hopefully by the time you find the car via GPS they'll still be passed out at the drivers seat.

• 2 weeks later...