Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Blow Off Valve & Exhaust

BINKZ

vorigan said:

well that's technically not legal as the legislation is not in effect yet.

i'd be going elsewhere is someone tried to fail me on non-enacted legislation.

wether you like it or not you dont have say once you fill out the wof form and its in the system you cant go else where for another based on what failed, they are the law regardless what you or anyone else thinks or if its legislation or not.

actually you do have a say, you can contest said failure if you believe they are not upholding NZTA standards, and as it stands that is not one of them, so you could do something about it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and if you read the out comes of said boyracer mods your chances would be? not good im afraid and thats been in the papers many times, once the aussie rules are adopted here a pretty paint job will be as you get away with unless its certied.

vorigan said:

and if you read the out comes of said boyracer mods your chances would be? not good im afraid and thats been in the papers many times, once the aussie rules are adopted here a pretty paint job will be as you get away with unless its certied.

Not looking forward to that day. Some of the aussie rules are reeeeeediculous, I'm sure you'd agree.

lol.

agreeing to disagree on this one.

if you have loud exhaust your labeled a boy racer thanks to many dropkicks over the years has killed it for most and they'll take any opportunity to nail you for whatever they see isn't right, as time roll son youll all be fighting an up hill battle shame but as the papers show they love bashing the boy racer

MercuryFree said:

Not looking forward to that day. Some of the aussie rules are reeeeeediculous, I'm sure you'd agree.

totally agree its the minority that screwed it for all.

but as per topic if aftermarket valves are so great and cause so many issues and meant to be better than stock how come the car didnt come out with it from day one?

vorigan']

[quote name='MercuryFree said:

/quote]

totally agree its the minority that screwed it for all.

Although in saying that, the ability to add (legal) modifications 'as you go' to the certification like over there is one change that would be of benefit to our nz car community.

Apparently they've been trying to get a "workable" solution going here for a while but haven't managed yet.

vorigan said:

ive already had customers fail their wof based on it.....its coming and soon

as you appear to be all knowing - when is said legislation coming into effect?

as i can only find draft submission after draft submission on the internet ???

vorigan said:

best i can say is keeping watching that space boy racer bashing isnt going to go away too soon

never expected it to. not that i'm a "boy racer" although depending on your definition as per the other thread we may all be haha

never expected it to. not that i'm a "boy racer" although depending on your definition as per the other thread we may all be haha

and there lies the problem.....a few whankers kill it for all i clearly remember what i got up to in my hay day with cars and what goes on now doesn't come close to it

vorigan']

[quote name='vorigan said:

99.9% of BOV's on the market are crap which is great keeps me in business repairing the turbos, it may pay to check the up and coming LTSA laws as such aftermarket valves are going to be band as per aussie and to be honest even thought i commercially made them over 20 years ago they now sound a tad gay and theres a lot better ways to prevent surge without a bov.

/quote]

Haha.... ::)

and you would know better? try using a calculator when buying an aftermarket bov and explain why on a stock setup no issues yet surges backfires etc etc after a so called "better one" is installed.

not hard to see why.

example: a 30mm aftermarket valve has a area of 706.95mm has 6 10mm outlet holes equaling 471.3mm now whats wrong with that picture?

they also fail to fully open when under full vacuum due to non linear springs being used as per factory, a stock 25mm valve has an area of 490.93mm getting the idea?

and how often to we see threads about car stalls all the time wont idle when cold backfire etc so instead of being a smart ass rolling your eyes open them you may learn something and read the ltsa site you may just find NZ is slowly adapting aussie laws the ltsa also says unless the car came factory with a vent to atmosphere valve you cant do it and it cant be over a set db level it must be vent back in as per the catch tank law due to emissions.....and they do sound gay and annoying it was a pleasure to holiday in aussie not that long ago to not hear a single bov anywhere yet tons of turbo cars.

Never had one single problem with my car since having a blow off valve. The odd backfire now and then, But that sounds cool 8)

Dont like Aussies very much.... Seem to think they know all....

And based on Sequence is why people keep buying and to be honest i encourage it and more should do in fact save your money and buy any of them.......cause it creates lots of work for me makes the accountant very happy.

WRXONP ssqv are a bit of a gimmick also very small the louder the b/v the less its doing, it should only vent enough to prevent surge that lovely churrping sound to allow fast response after de accel in all throttle positions with aftermarket ones your constantly having to change or adjust the spring to stop engine stall backfiring surge at low or high boost.

I saw that tial do a recirc for their 50mm valves for plumb back the only issue there is most plumb backs use around 25-30mm piping as per stock so what advantage is there reducing a 50mm down and plumbing back in? Non i can see

Hay at the end of the day its your money and car do as you please but don't complain when it turns to poo.

vorigan said:

And based on Sequence is why people keep buying and to be honest i encourage it and more should do in fact save your money and buy any of them.......cause it creates lots of work for me makes the accountant very happy.

Sorry but you would never get any of my cash, You come across a little too strong for me. I prefer qualified Subaru mechanics for advice.

Sequence']

/quote]

Sorry but you would never get any of my cash, You come across a little too strong for me. I prefer qualified Subaru mechanics for advice.

^^^ +1

Sequence']

/quote]

Hahaha love a good sense of humor just tell it as i see it and what ive done over the last 25 plus years and no offense but i don't really need your work i have more than enough to keep me amused but thanks for the kind words :)

Any good qualified Subaru technician would more than likely recommend the factory b/v cause that's what Subaru see to be the correct thing to use, and since i do turbo work for a few Subaru outlets and Possum Bourne then there may just be something i what i say.... ;)

Stoffa said:

Dont worry vorigan they're newbies around here. you got my money and id happily give you more.

p.s my car should be running in the next few months so i'll let you how your turbo goes soon

just as well i don't come on here to drum up work lolol

great and Andre's going to tune it? be interesting basing it against Andy's

off topic: i tuned a v8 over Xmas since the weather was pretty second hand using rom raider i tell you what once you get your head around its pretty dam good stuff and free !!! the way this thing is going with i pretty big hair dryer its pretty dam hard to over look it compared to an link or whatever the flavor these days and we changed it to map based runs great check it out

back to topic: what these guys cant see is i hate people wasting their hard earned money for no reason and then suffer the aftermath, i don't push anything i do just trying to prevent a broken toy.

Haha I love threads than pan out like this !!! People bagging out a legend such as Steve haha great

So a quick summary - a quite valve ( even if venting ) that's stopping surge is working very well ??? And is basically restricting the outlet what's making it louder ?? Correct me if I'm wrong but I use to have a greddy rs on my old rb30 and the thing was quiet venting but had no surge

Isnt ventin too much the major cause of backfire ESP at lower revs area?

Has to be a magic formula to calculate Te exact venting

On that topic I reakon it's only a matter of time they will get electronic bov that the Ecu can actuate precisely via solenoids for optimum response lol

Think of the aftermarket bov controllers thT will come along hahha