Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rsk B4 shut downs when stopping/neutral/at the lights

Aaendewy

Hey guys, I really don't know what's wrong with my car, recently its been playing up, normal the idler sits at 0.5rpm (the needle isn't moving, which is good) and stays there now it's like 0.2rpm just about dead.. so i rev, it came back at 0.5rpm for 5 seconds and back to 0.2rpm.. so idk why, figure maybe its nothing major so i took it out last night driven for about 20minutes.. when i down shift coming to a stop.. as soon as i put it on neutral the car shut downs right away.. happen 4 times last night.. why is it doing this? what could be the default?

I am thinking it could be two things.

1. Battery?

2. Air Flow Sensor?

ECU dead? help?

I know some legacy owners may run into this trouble before, so please tell me what you think could be wrong?

Oh another thing, when I reached home, I flick off the headlights, engine idling at 0.5rpm, when i wind my window up i can hear the engine about to die.. when i stop winding engine runs normal.. wind window.. engine about to die... thought this peice of info might help

your alternator charges the battery whilest running , it could not be charging at 500rpm but if u bring it up to 2000rpm it may be charging. :-\ confusing but yeah..

CIutch Nade said:

your alternator charges the battery whilest running , it could not be charging at 500rpm but if u bring it up to 2000rpm it may be charging. :-\ confusing but yeah..

Right... thanks bro it could be the alternator then.. lets see what others think

clintondane said:

Any check engine light? Our Blitzen did a very similar thing and we ended up getting O2 and knock sensor replaced. Fixed !

Yes, battery and check engine light came on at the sametime and i think steering wheel light too.. but its the engine light that im worried about, how much did it cost you to get it fix? mine is a 2000 legacy rsk b4

Aaendewy']

[quote name='clintondane said:

Any check engine light? Our Blitzen did a very similar thing and we ended up getting O2 and knock sensor replaced. Fixed !

/quote]

Yes, battery and check engine light came on at the sametime and i think steering wheel light too.. but its the engine light that im worried about, how much did it cost you to get it fix? mine is a 2000 legacy rsk b4

Hey mate, we have a great mechanical warranty that means we only pay $150 per claim

so all up cost us $300 to get both sensors done. The thing that really stuck out with your experience was the way you described the car almost dying at traffic light etc. Our car is an auto and i was shocked when the engine just about stalled first time at lights, dropped from an average of 500rpm idle to less than 200 and i gave it some gas but the car was slow to respond and shuddered like a manual when a beginner driver bunny hops it, lol. Car had good and bad moments before the engine light came on and we took it to mechanics. Good luck getting it sorted mate.

Aaendewy']

/quote]

This indicates ALTERNATOR, this has been mentioned to you 4 times and still you are asking

it is the ALTERNATOR, i would check to see if the belt is tight then replace alternator

Aaendewy']

/quote]

All your lights come on when the car stalls.

clintondane']

/quote]

Hey mate, we have a great mechanical warranty that means we only pay $150 per claim

so all up cost us $300 to get both sensors done. The thing that really stuck out with your experience was the way you described the car almost dying at traffic light etc. Our car is an auto and i was shocked when the engine just about stalled first time at lights, dropped from an average of 500rpm idle to less than 200 and i gave it some gas but the car was slow to respond and shuddered like a manual when a beginner driver bunny hops it, lol. Car had good and bad moments before the engine light came on and we took it to mechanics. Good luck getting it sorted mate.

Thanks mate, this really helps a lot, from the story your telling me it's very similar. I am taking it to a mechanic today afternoon to get things scanned and will go from there. Thanks