Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Got Pink Stickered : Info Gathering

Ninja8)

anyway back to the issue at hand....

most GTB legacys came with 17" wheels

Go to your local dealership and get a print out of all the factory wheel sizes for your year and take it to court.

If 17" rims are even an option on you model then you can have 17" wheels on your car if cert plate says "as factory fitted" regardless of dickhead know it all cops. fight him for it because he is counting on you not fighting. Assholes like that give the good cops a bad name.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

familyman said:

But OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer so they could argue that unless its actually a Subaru 17" rim, then it is not OEM?

I'm probably wrong though. Wife says I am quite frequently.

I side with your wife only cos mine says that all the time

17" rims are OEM fitment

Just peel the sticker off yourself, go in to VTNZ and get them to do a standard wof at standard price. The "sticker" system is not linked to the WOF system at all. It is simply a record in the police database against your license plate. Once you have the vtnz wof, go in to the cop shop and they will remove its status from their system. If they ask you where the sticker is now, just tell them the VTNZ guy peeled it off after the test. I have done this at least three times throughout the years

boon']

[quote name='MercuryFree said:

I'm about to hit up VTNZ Thorndon for third WOF in a row from them, haven't been dicks yet.

Wouldn't go back to VTNZ Porirua though.

In summary, YMMV

/quote]

Thorndon failed my GFs car for rear brake balance.

So we took it away, stripped down the rear drums, checked it all, put it back together, readjusted everything, took it back to VTNZ.

Guy said it was worse??

Took it to another garage, passed first pop.

Was it the creepy old guy who's slower than life? The Indian guy usually does mine, he seems to know his shit. Flew through yesterday

sultan said:

Just peel the sticker off yourself, go in to VTNZ and get them to do a standard wof at standard price. The "sticker" system is not linked to the WOF system at all. It is simply a record in the police database against your license plate. Once you have the vtnz wof, go in to the cop shop and they will remove its status from their system. If they ask you where the sticker is now, just tell them the VTNZ guy peeled it off after the test. I have done this at least three times throughout the years

Outdated info - has been linked for a while now.