Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wat is a safe boost level for my sti v6

I talked to Razz last night and it seems his account was hacked or he left it logged in on a public computer or something. He also re-iterated just now that he also isn't a dolphin or troll but I saw the thread and it was pretty out of the ordinary I know he wouldn't try and blow his car up :-\ maybe instead of banning him you could just ask him what it was all about?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if that is the case then of course he should be able to post with out predgudice.

that said if it was hacked the mods have full support in spot banning the account. it was only for the day so welcome a chat with him qbout it via PM to make sure we are all sweet

The stock fuel pump is only designed to flow just enough for the stock setup - once u wind things up - it simply cannot supply enough fuel - injector duty cycle can increase but if there's not enough flow the increased duty cycle won't do anything

As pumps get old - worn - tollarences increase / flow diminishes

The fuel pump is one of the most important things IMO

Do you think that is also partly the reason for the 3rd cylinder running lean? I mean I know they're fine if the boost etc is stock, but seeing as they start to lean out once boost is raised...well, that would support that theory. Unusual for Subaru to under-engineer (comparitively) something for once :D

And funkytown......cool, thanks :)

Number 3 is allways the last to receive fuel - if the fuel pump can only just feed all 4 on stock setup - with more air going in the duty cycle goes up and the 1st 3 injectors use most of the fuel pumps capability which leaves number 3 a little dry in comparison -

I ran 235 kw without split rails / have seen some up around 250 without split rails either -

You can never supply too much fuel - as excess will go back to tank - supplying not enough fuel will allways kill motors (Subaru or anything else)

Razzmatazz said:

Ok so I need a bigger fuel pump then sounds like all the facts are there so my bans been lifted bit fukd up lol Owel I have no idea how that s*** happened ha

I had upgraded walbro intank fuel pump still went bang, I think split fuel rail would be a good idea too. still wouldnt go above 18 psi though.

Razzmatazz said:

Ok what were u running when it went bang?

20 psi, I will add that it happened on a track day, but i had fuel surge issues even on the street and should have done more to help save the engine but didn't. Split fuel rail is relativley easy to do and is a great help to stop 3 leaning out.

Stoffa said:

my tuner actually runs cylinder 3 richer with less timing for safety, even did it on mine with split rails and top feds

crap thats not good, I thought my new set up which is basically what you described above would cover it, split fuel, 800cc top feed and surge tank etc.

A properly tuned (ie motorsport) early model subi normally needs a tad more fuel in number 3 cylinder due to the chamber temperature from the exhaust and uppipe wrapped up around that cylinder. Version 5/6 open deck blocks normally require more fuel in number 2 cylinder but for a different reason. (Im talking stock or blueprinted engines and not forged/built engines btw)

Realistically if your supplying enough fuel you don't need split rails

Think of a rb fuel rail - fuels gotta feed 5 injectors before number 6 gets any fuel - and yet they don't have any problems as long as your supplying enough fuel

I know some people do it to try lower the temp - but realistically the lines will still be near enough same place and the same length of not longer

For big power the stock rail piping is too small anyhow

scottspeed said:

A properly tuned (ie motorsport) early model subi normally needs a tad more fuel in number 3 cylinder due to the chamber temperature from the exhaust and uppipe wrapped up around that cylinder. Version 5/6 open deck blocks normally require more fuel in number 2 cylinder but for a different reason. (Im talking stock or blueprinted engines and not forged/built engines btw)

This makes sence, as my engine put a hole through the number 2 cylinder and not number 3 (v6 sti). Whats the reason it has issues with number 2 as opposed to 3?

What cylinders do the version 8 engines have issues with as this in the car now?txs

ballsrburning']

[quote name='scottspeed said:

/quote]

This makes sence, as my engine put a hole through the number 2 cylinder and not number 3 (v6 sti). Whats the reason it has issues with number 2 as opposed to 3?

What cylinders do the version 8 engines have issues with as this in the car now?txs

Different fuel layout on a version 8 isnt it? not so dramatic in the lean out factor