Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Becca - contacted by 3News!!

Hey guys!!

This was sposed to be a video interview - but the news team got called to a more pressing event... Was asked for written statement instead...

Response to Sia Aston:

Hi Sia,

below is responses to questions, hopefully you can use this. Let me know if there is anything else i can do...

FYI:

I drive a turbo subaru forester here are details of the car.... http://cmplsv.com/node/2

I have attached afew pictures of a CLUBSUB (the club i belong to- a subaru club) meet...

The Government is moving swift and hard against 'boy racers' - in terms of all the problems communities face, how serious is this issue?

I do think its serious - I never used to. It took 3 deaths and 2 seriously injured loved ones to make me realise this. Boy racers are not only scaring the public - but police and there own mates! They are ruining it for those of us trying to clean up the streets and make a difference to the way people see young adults in cars.

The new legislation will mean after three offences a car can be confiscated and crushed - how fair is this and will it work?

What defines the 3 offences? Drifting? Racing? Demerits? Speeding? Somthing as simple as not having your licence card on you? It needs to be made very clear what offences will incurr the "crushing" penalty... Its not fair to the people who are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, compared to those constantly breaking the law.

We do alot of charity cruises - will these now be illegal also?

Is the Government just using scare tactics (crushing) to bully young people?

Its not scareing the boyracers - its scareing the people like me who have a genuine interest in cars - that cop the flack because we fit the description of a boyracer.

Just because I spend money on my car doesnt mean im a boyracer.

The current laws have been criticised for having loopholes - boy racers can just sell cars to avoid them being confiscated or to avoid paying fines....will the threat of demerit points be enough to stop people street racing?

Simple answer is no, im not sure what will stop them. Every law has a loop hole no matter what part of society... The boyracers are a hot social issue right now - but what about the drunk or drugged up drivers? Shouldnt the 3 strikes policy apply to them too?

A Minority of Boyracers are runing it for a majority that just love cars!!

Thanks and Regards,

Rebecca Bell.

• Like 1

H8RS H8 said:

A Minority of Boyracers are runing it for a majority that just love cars!!

Thanks and Regards,

Rebecca Bell.

So true on every level. Its always the few that ruins it for the lot.

Good Q&A.

I like it, pretty much the same as most of us would've said.

My main bef with the boyracer thing is that fines should be equal.

I could do burnouts in a $500 civic and have it crushed-who cares but then it's possible someone in an RS6 could do the same but why does he get fined a quarter mil for the same offence?

apologies in advance for H8ing but you could of at least used spell checker before sending that off.

If indeed it is a word-for-word copy of what you sent, then you made at least 3 spelling mistakes in there and came across as a typical, less-than-intelligent respondant to this sort of story.

The content was fine, but im just saying that as a car enthusiast community we need to represent ourselves a little better.

Cheers

DPI said:

I'm just waiting to see the first BMW, Audi or HSV owned by businessman get crushed...

...or do you think, maybe those guys will just get off with a fine... ;)

It's really quite simple. Get convicted of 3 street racing offences in the same car, and say buhbye to car. Irrespective of the type of vehicle.

RSB']

[quote name='DPI said:

I'm just waiting to see the first BMW, Audi or HSV owned by businessman get crushed...

/quote]

It's really quite simple. Get convicted of 3 street racing offences in the same car, and say buhbye to car. Irrespective of the type of vehicle.

I think what DPI means is will they do "older" people for "boyracer" offences?? or just simply issue them with tickets and a slap on the hand compared to the crushing a "boyracer" would recieve???

RSB']

[quote name='DPI said:

/quote]

aye? it has to be in the same car?

so they can just go round getting a new car ever time they get caught

So im 30... with a highly more powerful wrx than most. If i did a skid would i be counted as a boyracer?

My old man has a wrx...hes 55...if he did a skid would he get a boyracer offence against him.

By the government creating these new laws all they have done is blurred the line more from the older fuzzy laws and created more problems for themselves. Piling more laws onto laws that werent that stable in the first place creates a leaning tower. They should have clarified the existing laws and extended the reach of them instead of greying the line. As you guys have pointed out above WHO does the law intend to use the new found laws on....oldmen doin skids or young guys doin skids...does this inc ANY illegal activity in a car or on a motor vehicel ie a motor bike? Does powersliding a motorbike or scooter past the local maccas constitute a boyracer offence?

• General Member
 Old Skool Subbie said:

Should sqash Drunk drivers cars....

one guy I used to know drunk drived almost every thur fri nite.

He never got caught and he was in his 40s or older.

He would do skids leaving the car park.

he drove a very flashy car.

He was lucky he didnt hurt any one :o

+1 on that.

The amount of assholes I know that drink drive and get away with it. I also see it all the time if im working a late shift at work, people who cant even stand and they drop the clutch out of the parking lot.