Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

standard lights to HID lights

whatchain

Just buy upgrade bulbs like youve shown. Cheap chinese/repco/supercheap bulbs are just painted blue...no good. Buy hella/narva/phillips. Blue isnt the best for quantity of light either it gives intensity. There is a thread on here relatively recent about it. Kelvin vs lumen is what you need to look at to suit you. Clean lens too with autosol seems cheap and preferred on here.

Welcome to subaru ownership they have never has good lights EXCEPT for the hid ones.

You will get a better light using an "upgrade" light BUT you will never get MORE light,only way is to increase output BUT you cant really do that with a plastic based headlight.

You can try using an aftermarket wiring loom to give the bulbs you have the most volts possible ( you will be amazed at the difference :) )

Or you can go overboard like me

My RX has 130/90 in the headlights running thru upgraded wiring ( does melt the plastic headlights but i have a heap of spares) and has 100w in the driving lights

My landcruiser has upgraded lights in the stock pozi running 130/90 thru upgraded wiring + 130w in the spotlights+100w bulbs in the fog lights all wired up thru separate relays :)

2011-10-23+17.41.23.jpg

We are borg said:

Welcome to subaru ownership they have never has good lights EXCEPT for the hid ones.

You will get a better light using an "upgrade" light BUT you will never get MORE light,only way is to increase output BUT you cant really do that with a plastic based headlight.

You can try using an aftermarket wiring loom to give the bulbs you have the most volts possible ( you will be amazed at the difference :) )

Or you can go overboard like me

My RX has 130/90 in the headlights running thru upgraded wiring ( does melt the plastic headlights but i have a heap of spares) and has 100w in the driving lights

My landcruiser has upgraded lights in the stock pozi running 130/90 thru upgraded wiring + 130w in the spotlights+100w bulbs in the fog lights all wired up thru separate relays :)

2011-10-23+17.41.23.jpg

You can get more light at the sacrifice of less intensity. Its the kelvin vs lumen thing. Grab your narva cat you will see what Im talking about. Plus120 is the latest rage. Yellow light but more distance. Phillips/hella and narva all have a range that most people keep on the shelf. I have tried a few sorts too in my own cars...

The beauty of upgrade bulbs is they run no hotter being the same wattage.

http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/performance-globes

We are borg said:

I beg to differ..

The lighting on my STi v6 with standard crystal headlights and bulbs was fine, good enough for worry-free night driving.

Maybe you guys should get your eyes tested.

;D

• General Member
 newsuba']

[quote name='We are borg said:

/quote]

I beg to differ..

The lighting on my STi v6 with standard crystal headlights and bulbs was fine, good enough for worry-free night driving.

;D

I think my v5 Crystals (head and driving lamps) seem to work pretty well. I only struggle under certain streetlights when its raining in town but I seem to in any car under those conditions.

newsuba']

[quote name='We are borg said:

/quote]

I beg to differ..

;D

Or it could depend on where you drive :P I bye no means drive anywhere near where there is good lighting or for that matter good road markings so I need the biggest and best lights so I can see if there are any cattle/horses/sheep/goats/humans on the road, so i can make sure I aim them up just right :)

newsuba said:

Nice p/plate.

Why are the factory spots and those little round lights cross-eyed ?

;D

All you need are some roof lights and US cop style spots by the side mirrors for a full set.

:D

They are cross eyed so you can see around the corner on rally stages while the car is sideways. With these lights yiu have a 180 degree field of view.

And yes plate means piece a s***

20120831_225308.jpg

• 2 weeks later...